slow down

Old 06-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down slow down

my nitro sidewinder wind hobby buggy has decreased off road dramatically even at half throttle the buggy slows down and evntaully turns off if held but if it starts to slow down and I brake to a stop it then works for a short amount of time this only seems to happen on grass I am not sure but I have not used after run oil befor would this make a difference PLEASE HELP!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brentvan
my nitro sidewinder wind hobby buggy has decreased off road dramatically even at half throttle the buggy slows down and evntaully turns off if held but if it starts to slow down and I brake to a stop it then works for a short amount of time this only seems to happen on grass I am not sure but I have not used after run oil befor would this make a difference PLEASE HELP!
Could be a half dozen different things. Have you been playing with the needles? Do you regulary clean\change your air filter? Might have got some dirt in your engine? Pull your clutch apart and check it first.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

While on grass your wheels are not always touching the ground so it will slow down. Also the motor may be over-reving and over heating as a result. When I first started with nitro I did that to my T-maxx all the time.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

How do I stop my car from over heating
Old 06-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How do I stop my car from over heating
First, read this thread and learn about proper nitro engine tuning: http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ing-bible.html

Next, check the clutch and clutch bearings. Clutches are a wear item and have to be rebuilt. Clutch bell bearings go bad often and need replaced regularly.

Continuous running of an engine that's not tuned properly leads to worn out engines. Yours may be worn out and needs replaced.

Also, running a buggy in grass is very hard on the engine, the grass is a lot of drag on the car, making the engine work very hard. Run on shorter grass or dirt/gravel.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry

I know the clutch is not the Problem because the clutch was replaced not long ago I think there may be some dirt in its engine because the air filter fell off and some dirt got in but we th got most of it by tipping it upside down and and washing it out with fuel bat maybe we didn't get all of it how can I remove the rest of it and I don't think its warn out because it only a year old and I don't do any racing or anything I just like to go driving for fun but this problem is annoying
Old 06-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

I know the clutch is not the Problem because the clutch was replaced not long ago I think there may be some dirt in its engine because the air filter fell off and some dirt got in but we th got most of it by tipping it upside down and and washing it out with fuel bat maybe we didn't get all of it how can I remove the rest of it and I don't think its warn out because it only a year old and I don't do any racing or anything I just like to go driving for fun but this problem is annoying
One good gulp of dirt is enough to send an engine to the boneyard. Take the engine apart and clean. Maybe you were lucky.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Deffenetly Pull your engine down and clean it out with nitro fuel.
when your engine is apart take time to inspect all the internal parts including the bearings..
Having said that Im of the opinion that your compression is on its way out wich is quite an easy fix with a new piston and liner...
I am Only taking an educated Guess..