Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 810 Nitro Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 810 Nitro Buggy

Im wanting to get a nitro buggy so I can participate in the races at my local track. I have a slash 4x4 which is great but there's not enough people to make up a race. There is however tons of 1/8 nitro buggies every Saturday.

The losi 8ight 2.0 looks like a really great buggy but the price is a bit much for me. I've found a losi 810 for 290 that I was going to buy.

If I do get it, is the 810 good enough to compete and make racing in the 1/8 nitro buggy class enjoyable? I'm afraid if I buy it it will be inferior and ill be left wishing I had an 8ight or an associated etc

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattJ99
Im wanting to get a nitro buggy so I can participate in the races at my local track. I have a slash 4x4 which is great but there's not enough people to make up a race. There is however tons of 1/8 nitro buggies every Saturday.

The losi 8ight 2.0 looks like a really great buggy but the price is a bit much for me. I've found a losi 810 for 290 that I was going to buy.

If I do get it, is the 810 good enough to compete and make racing in the 1/8 nitro buggy class enjoyable? I'm afraid if I buy it it will be inferior and ill be left wishing I had an 8ight or an associated etc

Thoughts?

Thanks!

There is a guy at our track that puts a 810 in the A every week. Looks pretty capable to me.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool, that sounds great. Actually, we're talking about the same track.
I'm in Wichita, too
Old 06-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

810 is a cool buggy. You will have to make so changes to it to make it real competitive with the big blocks

Replace the gas tank with a Losi 2.0 Buggy gas tank to run in longer mains. Will have to make minor alterations, but it will fit.

Replace the plastic 2 shoe clutch to 3 shoe metal clutch( m2cracing.com has one for it). This will give the motor more punch and top end speed.

Convert it for a pull start to a bump start. Losi sells the back end plate. This will add to the power of your motor.

These small thing will make that buggy really work nice. Also good driving skills. This buggy is alot lighter and jumps very good and corners like a champ. Hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattJ99
Cool, that sounds great. Actually, we're talking about the same track.
I'm in Wichita, too
I would imagine so there's only one in Wichita!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i race the 810 and love it!!!!!!!!!! it drives like a dream, you have to drill one new hole to mount the 2.0 tank and then you have to drill a new hole in the bottom of the side guard to move the mount for the pipe out of the way.

as for the clutch just go to the lhs and get the losi 2.0 flywheel and the clutch set for a 2.0!! the only "mod" you have to do is get the spur gear for the losi-e buggy, you will need the 44t one, you will have to take a peice of sand paper to the inside or the gear to make it fit the 810 diff. it only takes a couple mins to get it on there. then you can run any of the 2.0 clutch bells and replacement parts that should be in stock at the track.

if you need any info on this buggy just send me a PM and i will help all i can