Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Help me decide, E buggy or Nitro truggy? >

Help me decide, E buggy or Nitro truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me decide, E buggy or Nitro truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Prophet

how about "e truggy" just run with the nitro truggys ?

i converted my and running this weekend.

personally i got tried of the cleaning and hassle of nitro and had less time to work on my driving and setups .
Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think a E-Truggy would be a viable option..... I just find my Truggy so much more fun to play with.....I have to drive a buggy with such care and finesse, but a Truggy I can just let her rip.....anyways that is just me, maybe I watched too much Dukes of Hazzard when I was a kid ! maybe its just the kid in me, but truggies are just way too much fun not to have.....
Old 06-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonebonekc
i have both and the electric is so gay compared to nitro..jus sayin
Maybe you are gay that's why u like it..hahahaha

All jokes aside I run both as well. Tuning nitro and the sight and sound is great. But brushless power is the future..in term of cost and runtime and power it has came along in an exponential rate in a couple years. Ebuggy is not easier to drive and it will teach you throttle control or you will be so frustrated with it you will sell it after a day.

Post this thread in the electric forum and see what they say..Its so biased up in here it aint even funny.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Marcus, get the E-bug. Nitro Truggy is dying a slow death down here. The E-bug is the biggest growing class we have and they should start having a sportsman class starting up soon.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwcobra03
Marcus, get the E-bug. Nitro Truggy is dying a slow death down here. The E-bug is the biggest growing class we have and they should start having a sportsman class starting up soon.
cool that is what i thought. They need a class just for me, the marcus class, all by myself. I would need like 10 volunteer marshals though
Old 06-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jason you got pm
Old 06-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I personally run ebuggy and nitro. Eventhough I am a nitro guy, the track that is closest to me (4 miles) has a very large ebuggy following (without that many truggies e or nitro) and will run nitro in the bigger races. The other track (45 miles away) has a big nitro following with a good mix of truggies e or nitro. I do run the ebuggy more because that track is closer but I do race my nitro at least once a month. So yeah, it is a regional thing.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
With money ruled out, I wouldn't base the decision on which class will die out. Popularity of a class tends to be regional. Truggys can be down in one area and up in another and then turn around in 6 months. I would think that running two different nitro classes would be more interesting than running a nitro buggy and an electric buggy.

I've run electric SC Pro4 and personally I didn't care for it. But that's just me. I don't care if electric achieves lightspeed, I'm a nitro guy. In the end, it's up to you.
U can not compare 1/8 scale to SC Pro4, I have had a a Pro4 and I also did not care for it, Ebuggy is no comparison! I was one of those guys that said i would never run E class Boy was I wrong, But i still prefer Nitro!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nitronutzzz
Maybe you are gay that's why u like it..hahahaha

All jokes aside I run both as well. Tuning nitro and the sight and sound is great. But brushless power is the future..in term of cost and runtime and power it has came along in an exponential rate in a couple years. Ebuggy is not easier to drive and it will teach you throttle control or you will be so frustrated with it you will sell it after a day.

Post this thread in the electric forum and see what they say..Its so biased up in here it aint even funny.

lol yup you will get the same bias views on the nitro forum and the electric forum also .

i like both but man, 1/8 electric buggy or truggy is much easier to mantain omg !.
the only bad thing is anything electric can fail on you at anytime .

but nitro is never going away though in the future .
Old 06-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Batteries are for flashlights. Run nitro anything and you're good.

With that said, I own & race all 3 classes. The E-buggy is fun, but not like running nitro. Until we get batteries that allow me to run a 30+ minute main, the E cars are just toys compared to nitro. I can count the number of times I've run the E-buggy on two hands and I've had it for almost two years. Certainly not the case for either nitro car.

My 2 cents.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY

With that said, I own & race all 3 classes. The E-buggy is fun, but not like running nitro. Until we get batteries that allow me to run a 30+ minute main, the E cars are just toys compared to nitro. I can count the number of times I've run the E-buggy on two hands and I've had it for almost two years. Certainly not the case for either nitro car.

My 2 cents.
BTW, my nitro car uses more batteries than my e buggy
I run both and wouldn't do it any other way. I race my ebuggy at club races and pit for my nitro friends, then race both at the bigger races. E is way less maintenance.
E
Old 06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Disagree completely that "E-anything is the future".. Electric RC's, at least expensive 1/8 offroad, will never generate the widespread enthusiasm that nitro does. It might be trendy at the moment, but if I had to bet, I would say if e-buggy is the future, it's not going to be much of one. Compare some teenager newbs visiting the local track for the first time, seeing all the noise and smoke and chaos of a nitro buggy or truggy race, with that of an electric race. In terms of atmosphere, it's like comparing a rock concert to a library..

(Nothing against libraries.. They have their place. Just not for letting off steam after a hard work-week on the weekend...)
Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY

My 2 cents.

shoot you must only race big races than if you do 30 min mains .
i dont ever see a lipo battery, for a 1/8 scale that can do 30 min for one it whould make your truck or buggy to heavy inless they figured out how to make them lighter to do 30 min.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I race all kinds of races, big and small, but the big ones are what I really do it for. The big races are what I consider really racing. Club races are just practice/fun races hanging out with the guys.

Long races are what I enjoy most about running 1/8 scale nitro. Until battery cars can do that, they'll never be as cool.

I do enjoy running the battery car. They have a ton of power and are fun to drive, but I just don't get the satisfaction/enjoyment out of it as I do running nitro buggy/truggy in a long race.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

i can see electric being a big class in the future. But that won't happen until we get 1/8 electronics that can take 45 minutes of straight running. If we had electronics like that today, it wouldn't be that hard to create a quick battery change tray and use two lipos for a main. The batteries are up to the task, and it would be like a pit stop. It's just the esc/motors that have a long way to go.