Whats with Proline Truggy Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 02:41 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Whats with Proline Truggy Tires

Who agrees that it seems Proline no longer have any interest in truggy tires

Are they ever going to extend their line up of VTR tires to once again include bowties and crimefighters. even better also include some of the new tread patterns.
its getting harder to get the LPR treads and with the crappy foams they are hardly worth the effort anyway

its a real pain that we have to change brands to get a tire with a peg on it like a iBeam, Half Up, Khaos or even a XTT. Calibers dont work everywhere like they say they do

come on Proline you were the leaders and your starting to fall behind!!!

Lets show them there is a want for these treads back in the line up of truggy tires
Old 08-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default reply

VTR proline tyres are awsome but the need for more tread patterns and compound choices in the truggy class is what we all need, with the current line up its hard to stick proline loyal as they dont cover the market place at the minute with whats on offer........AKA are just picking up that slack and forcing people to buy there products by filling the voids in the proline range.

I find myself having proline and aka in my truck, truggy & buggy range
Old 08-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Originally Posted by TIX
Who agrees that it seems Proline no longer have any interest in truggy tires

Are they ever going to extend their line up of VTR tires to once again include bowties and crimefighters. even better also include some of the new tread patterns.
its getting harder to get the LPR treads and with the crappy foams they are hardly worth the effort anyway

its a real pain that we have to change brands to get a tire with a peg on it like a iBeam, Half Up, Khaos or even a XTT. Calibers dont work everywhere like they say they do

come on Proline you were the leaders and your starting to fall behind!!!

Lets show them there is a want for these treads back in the line up of truggy tires
Hey they still have them. Look here.

http://prolineracing.com/1-8-truck-tires

Last edited by TTO1 Racr; 08-28-2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: said wrong
Old 08-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Not to mention alot of the pre-mounted tires are now not available.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

^^ yeah wanted a set of VTR holeshots premounted as I had a race and wouldnt have time to glue them up...well no dice lol so I bought aka premounts no bigggie
Old 08-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Plus all the newer tires are on standard off set wheels. Im quite comfortable gluing my own tires to 1/2 off's but IMO nothing beats a factory glue job. Im using 17mm hex extenders as of now for different rims but it would be nice if they sold 1/2 off pre-mounts with the newer blue foams..
Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Main reason why I Switched to Aka and jconcepts.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

The treads that are available work most places. For the places that they don't work there are other brands that do. No tire company's truggy tire line up will be as large as their buggy tire line up. Buggy is still the premiere class, so more products are made for buggies vs. truggies.

If you're looking for Bow Ties, try I-BEAMS. Guaranteed I-BEAMS are the best Bow Tie you'll ever run.

I'd love to see a larger line of truggy tires from proline, but I don't see their current line as lacking. Over the years proline has pretty much stayed with a 3 tread line of truggy tires. In previous years with MTR and LPR lines they made Crimefighters, Bowties and Holeshots. With the VTR line it is Calibers, Revolvers and Holeshots. I personally MUCH prefer the newer treads to the old knobby ones.

With that said, it would be nice to see a Recoil truggy tire and a Sniper truggy tire. Maybe even a reworked Crimefighter that actually works, and a reworked Bowtie that actually works.

The way I see it is, that's why we have multiple brands of tires. I don't think any one company makes a tire that works on every surface.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
IMO nothing beats a factory glue job.
Really? I find the exact opposite. I've never gotten a factory glued tire that lasts as long as a set I glue myself. I also like to be able to use the insert of my choice and not just take whatever crap they stuff in there. (except AKA of course, but those foams take 1/2 gallon to get soft enough for my liking)
Old 08-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Really? I find the exact opposite. I've never gotten a factory glued tire that lasts as long as a set I glue myself. I also like to be able to use the insert of my choice and not just take whatever crap they stuff in there. (except AKA of course, but those foams take 1/2 gallon to get soft enough for my liking)
agreed

i have had more premounts come unglued than anything else

it all depends how good you are at glueing
Old 08-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

To tell you the truth I am done with Proline's truggy tires. I prefer AKA.

AKA tread lasts much longer vs PL tread. Even my super soft citiblocks have lasted much longer than 2 pairs of calibers (M2 and M3). The stock foams that PL provides still rip. It's happened to me two times already. They are better balanced but they wear much much faster. It would be nice to see PL include closed cell foams in their tires.

I have never had a problem with AKA's premounts. They glue them correctly from the get-go.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I've never needed anything other than a caliber or holeshot.... keeps the expensive truggy arsenal very basic.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by underway
I've never needed anything other than a caliber or holeshot.... keeps the expensive truggy arsenal very basic.
True that! Thats what I plan to run.. But not sure on what foams yet. Prolines foams offered for the truggy are poo. They dont last.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by houston
agreed

i have had more premounts come unglued than anything else

it all depends how good you are at glueing
Ughhh Premounts.

The only premounts I would ever trust are the AKA's, and even then I still prefer to glue my own. AKA does punch holes and mount them well. I have to give them credit for that.

Originally Posted by pyromania
To tell you the truth I am done with Proline's truggy tires. I prefer AKA.

AKA tread lasts much longer vs PL tread. Even my super soft citiblocks have lasted much longer than 2 pairs of calibers (M2 and M3). The stock foams that PL provides still rip. It's happened to me two times already. They are better balanced but they wear much much faster. It would be nice to see PL include closed cell foams in their tires.

I have never had a problem with AKA's premounts. They glue them correctly from the get-go.
Before we wish for them to include a closed cell foam, they have to make one that works. Proline's closed cell truggy foams are terrible. Too hard and not the right shape. They don't fill the tires out correctly. Currently, I'm VERY happy they don't include the closed cell foams.

The molded blue foams aren't bad. They're a little inconsistent. I've gotten some very firm foams and some super soft foams. They last alright. Not great, but tons better than previous proline foams.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So true

you guys are making some great points. I race buggy, and still why is pro line coming out with new tires, and leaving the old foams in the tires that are already out. Changing them to blue so you get confused with the closed cells and the regular foams. Only three truggy tires, unacceptable....

I usually only buy one set of pro lines every now and then, and I glue them myself....I haven't tried the premounts, do they come unglued too. Geeeze. What's the deal.....

And if you want closed cell foams you have to buy tires, foams, and rims, and glue all seperatly. That's silly. Glue em up at the factory with closed cell foams like AKA..that don't come off. How hard could it be????

It seems hard to get the right tires for truggy. For example

The I beam is great in buggy, but in truggy they are too big and spaced apart..the cityblock seems to be more popular in truggy for that reason....

The revolvers in buggy are perfect, but in truggy they seem too small, depending on the track though.

I can totally see why yall are frustrated, and they come unbalanced during races, and so on...

and they cost more too...

Hopefully AKA will bring out some more treads. What about J concepts, are those good in truggy???

By the way Isn't it annoying when tires come unglued during a race....UGGghh....then you have to glue up a tire that looks terrible in the end...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.