R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   who stickin it out with o donnell? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/521473-who-stickin-out-o-donnell.html)

welderllj 06-08-2011 02:07 PM

who stickin it out with o donnell?

feeling very frustrated first year decide to go racing spend ALOT of money to go with odonnell for the great quality and not very popular were i live . about 2 months after i hear all this going on . I am very brand loyal and proud to have o donnell stuff but soon i will need to make a decision( just to keep stuff together)and once i move i will not be coming back. . . .still holdin on at the moment:confused:

jpz_67 06-08-2011 02:23 PM

You know I dont know what happened to Odonnell? There kits started showing up in my region of Texas, they had snatched up several talented drivers, and their kits seemed to be of the highest quality. The next thing I know everyone jumped ship and sold there cars? No explanation it just happened so fast. :weird:

shawn00sa 06-08-2011 02:45 PM

They have a kit CHEAP at my hobby shop. I was thinking about buying but kinda wary.

welderllj 06-08-2011 03:01 PM

a good business would keep there customers posted i would think??? but all this going on and takin their sweet time will crash there hopes of having a good following really tryin to be optomistic here but they can t even tell a little what to look foward to come on if it is over tell us so maybe maybe we will still at least run the fuel:flaming:

Sein 06-08-2011 03:11 PM

I was so looking forward to running the SG truggy and maybe pick up the buggy too; but I did not want to switch till the truggy came out. It never was released so I have been just hanging on. I really like O'Donnell products and I was hoping they would get everything together but they haven't yet.

Like someone mentioned before, they could at least let us know a little bit about what is going on and what we can expect from the company. :confused:

Z-Man. 06-08-2011 03:21 PM

So far, what i've noticed is that it looks like there discontinuing all of the products except for some glow plugs and fuel, If you look on Tower Hobbies, a lot of thing say either 'limited quantities" or "Discontinued".
I'm not 100% on it but it just looks that way.
I do have to say, I have an O'Donnell Engine in my Mugen and I love it. I dont know why they just faded away but who knows...

one8updragracer 06-08-2011 03:51 PM

From what I gathered from another post here somewhere, there is no more Odonnell. The fuel, and name rights are owned by Hobbico, and i'd bet that Hobbico is trying to squash anything Odonnell that isn't their fuel.

If I were in your shoes, i'd cut my ties with the stuff while you still can get something if anything for it.

I'm sure Steve Odonnell would come out publicly and say what is going on but i'd bet he's not allowed to. Court order would be my guess.

KThatcher 06-08-2011 04:08 PM

Feel bad for the people who bought the new buggy... dont crash!!!! :lol:

Miniracer23 06-08-2011 04:13 PM

I don't run the cars, but I do run the engines, and I plan on running them as long as I can. I've sent one back to Steve O and he has taken good care of me. The engines, in my opinion perform great.

A little birdie told me a while back that there was some new stuff coming out, so I'm still holding out hope.

Steve is a great guy, he takes good care of his costumers and stands by his products. I'm sure there is a good reason why he hasn't spoken up about the situation.

welderllj 06-08-2011 04:19 PM

well it would be nice if any kind of inside source could tell us what up befor i waste anymore of my money already over 2000 into it ....someone log on here with a new user name or something and tell us what is up ...PLEASE

Brad S. 06-08-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by welderllj (Post 9228548)
well it would be nice if any kind of inside source could tell us what up befor i waste anymore of my money already over 2000 into it ....someone log on here with a new user name or something and tell us what is up ...PLEASE

I've seen guys still run the cars, but havent seen ANY parts around. I'd get out now if it was me, while you still have a chance to sell them. However, if you like the car, and get an answer from Steve saying that parts will be available next month, then go for it!

Brad

j_blaze14 06-08-2011 04:33 PM

i've heard from fast drivers the car is limited but great for sportsman drivers.

welderllj 06-08-2011 04:52 PM

well i have 2 sg buggies 2 truggies both with the sg radio trays a zo1b on a sg chassis and alot i mean alot of parts .. . . . (if you ever seen the fat max that folds out on both sides)i can not fit another part in there so if someone can at least say o donnell will be . . . .just be a bit longer it would be great...i will wait and stick it out ....cause i am covered for a while :) still have a r2 pipe and a ss engine still in the package. which if i did decide to sell out i would still keep cause these engines are awesome

welderllj 06-08-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Miniracer23 (Post 9228520)
I don't run the cars, but I do run the engines, and I plan on running them as long as I can. I've sent one back to Steve O and he has taken good care of me. The engines, in my opinion perform great.

A little birdie told me a while back that there was some new stuff coming out, so I'm still holding out hope.

Steve is a great guy, he takes good care of his costumers and stands by his products. I'm sure there is a good reason why he hasn't spoken up about the situation.

how reputible is your little birdie. . . .should i tough it out?

dreaux 06-08-2011 09:03 PM

what are people saying about oddonell? Is something going on? Are they bankrupt or something?