Losi 2.0 REAR Hubs bearings going out??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 2.0 REAR Hubs bearings going out??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Losi 2.0 REAR Hubs bearings going out??

ok, i was wondering if anyone else has had these problems??
i go through rear bearings like crazy???
well rear "Outside ones" the 8x14 ones......
so
waiting for my rear hubs to get back from be Milled out for the larger 16mm rear bearings......

in the mean time i noticed one other person that had some issues last night at a local club race? but i kept to my thing.....
i was running the plactic hubs,for the time being
and went through 2 sets of outside bearings? one set did not last the 20min Main....
did i crash during my Qualifiers...no
did i crash during my Main...got hit once passing a car to the front but was across the front and in the video i couldnt see any other hits?
or off the wall landings..???
as i looked more at the 8x14 bearings i had to ask these are pretty small? and though this couldnt be a "Design Thing" but a "Marketing thing"
anyone ever see how tiny the "Internal Bearings are" ???
kinda small for a bigger and "Heavy Truggy"...???
so wondered has anyone else had Similar problems?
i have the Alloy hubs on my other truck and they dont happen as "Often" but still do......at least twice a month
can usually get "One 30 min club night main" with the Alloy hubs?
(will be corious when i get my hubs back to accept the 8x16 bearings!)

like to see or hear if anyone may know or if anyone has also presented this problem to Losi? or maybe "Encouraging" losi to make the Hubs Available in a 8x16 design?? i understand king headz has some? but wondered if maybe losi was going to come out with some?
Old 05-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I have only had one inner bearing blow after diving my truck for a year. That was due to a sand logged tire makin it horribly out of balance.

So do you balance your tires?

I know alot of guys with this issue go to the king heads hub with the larger bearing. I still run the plastics with standard bearings an have yet to have a outer bearing blow. I think it's mostly for I balance all my tires.

Last edited by rider313; 05-29-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Prophet

i could of told you so the losi eights eat bearings thats one reason why im not running losi eights. you could get alum rear hubs that should help and make the smaller rear hub bearings last longer or oil them more often.

with the plastic rear hubs at least when i ran the eight-t and the eight buggy the smaller bearings never lasted long for me ethier.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Weird.

The small bearings usually outlast the larger inner bearings which don't last as long on any car that uses them usually.

Is the car new or has it just begun eating bearings? If new, then the hub is probably mal-formed/warped or something. If old then the bearing seat might be getting loose. Could just be bad seals.. Either way, the wear life of an 8x16 shouldn't be noticably longer than an 8x14. It's usually contamination that messes them up, not hits. There is more than enough flex in the wheels and suspension arms to protect them.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i could of told you so the losi eights eat bearings thats one reason why im not running losi eights. you could get alum rear hubs that should help and make the smaller rear hub bearings last longer or oil them more often.

with the plastic rear hubs at least when i ran the eight-t and the eight buggy the smaller bearings never lasted long for me ethier.
TC5 you never drove a 2.0 so how can you say you couldnt drive it because of that? if your 1.0 was going thru bearings it was something you did not the truck.

the 2.0 did have a design flaw but most people just get the kingz head rear hubs and call it good
Old 05-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

For some resin I have a feeling you didn't balance your tires and with the 1.0 having half offsets that only adds more stress tithe bearings.

If I am correct you didn't balance your tires I solved your year long bearing issues in a second.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The bad bears happened when the losi first came out and has been a thing of the past.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

2 years and have never had a bad bearing (not even clutch bell) proper maintance, compressed air, bearing lube, is all you need.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

I usually go through a set of outer bearings in my T every other race day... I have only ever blown out one but at the first sign of the bearings starting to get gritty at all I chuck em. Usually when the outers start to go the inners are very close behind... I have only gone 4-5 flanged diff bearings in the last 10 gallons but have probably gone through 10-12 complete sets of wheel bearings in that same amount of time... Before anyone freaks out I am really big on never letting any sort of liquids near my bearings with the exception of SpeedX or Mobile1 and Whenever there was even the slightest amount of slop in my uprights they were promptly replaced...
Old 05-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by losi_racer
TC5 you never drove a 2.0 so how can you say you couldnt drive it because of that? if your 1.0 was going thru bearings it was something you did not the truck.

the 2.0 did have a design flaw but most people just get the kingz head rear hubs and call it good

um well no i dint drive a 2.0 but i did use the 2.0 hubs and hidge pins on the 1.0 s .

the bearings on my rc8t are still good grated i only ran about 5 times .

and no im not compareing the both lol .

rider : you know what i think your right about that one
but wheels never seemed that bad out of balance though but i dint think the "1/2 offset hubs" helped though i sold my 1.0 t .

Last edited by tc5 man; 05-29-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
2 years and have never had a bad bearing (not even clutch bell) proper maintance, compressed air, bearing lube, is all you need.
+1

I never have hub bearings fail. Only clutch bell bearings and for the last couple years I replace them often to prevent failure since they are only $1 a piece.....
Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Losi Racer is right.....

Get the King Headz hubs and its solved. They use a larger bearing.

Also, make sure you are using a quality bearing. I prefer answer-rc.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

um well no i dint drive a 2.0 but i did use the 2.0 hubs and hidge pins on the 1.0 s .

the bearings on my rc8t are still good grated i only ran about 5 times .

and no im not compareing the both lol .

rider : you know what i think your right about that one
but wheels never seemed that bad out of balance though but i dint think the "1/2 offset hubs" helped though i sold my 1.0 t .
correct me if im wrong but i believe the 1.0 and 2.0 used the same bearing sizes in the hub so that wouldnt of mattered. the issue was the 2.0 went to a longer arm and also 0 off set which put a lot more stress on the 8x14 bearing.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
correct me if im wrong but i believe the 1.0 and 2.0 used the same bearing sizes in the hub so that wouldnt of mattered. the issue was the 2.0 went to a longer arm and also 0 off set which put a lot more stress on the 8x14 bearing.
You are right. The hubs are the same. I ran both and never blew a bearing. I change them every few races to avoid blow outs and most still feel smooth with no grid. I use boca and recently answer rc full 2.0 bearing kit. What bearings are you using blade? Oh and we spoke briefly at the club race sat about the paint job and if you had a business card. If I catch u at practice nxt week I'll pass you some boca or answer and go from there. Other than that my guess is your electric set up could be sending a lot of torque to your rear bearings? Dunno know electric but maybe that could be the issue.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

some really cool ideas everyone, thanks Appreciated

yea if i had thought was my tires i would agree but since there pretty much "Perfect" i had to rule that out??
i would say was from bad bearings? but last 2 weekends i got the "Losi Ones" havent had a chance to get other brands as of "late"
but not to say that could not happen? i could have had a bad batch? unlikley but not Impossible.....

and I too would have thought from running "Electric" i have 4 trucks 2 electric and 2 nitro,that my "Electric truggies" would blow'em out sooner...
"Localy" i am considered Fast? i do not know why? i am pretty "Slow"...LOL i just do not like to crash....LOL
so i though if i had been comming down "Sideways" on the rims or something Similar i could say this was a issue? but from looking at the Video's from last 4 weeks of racing? nothing looks out of the Ordanary? but that doesnt mean "Something is Not Happening" i did not see anything "Directly"..???
i figured was just "My Driving Style"
also our Local track can be a bit harsh, so it could be our Enviroment?
but i think could be from how i "Drive" in "Nitro"
my Electric seems to be Ok? but they do go out but not as "Often"
and all 4 of my Buggies? none of the bearings in the rear hubs "Never had Problems"......?????

but i was Courious to find that some do not have any problems? some do?....
my Friend came over today and dropped off my rear hubs was kinda cool !!
so going to try the 8x16 in the Alloy and Plastic ones he made for me.
why even bother with the "Plastic ones" well cause some may want this instead? so for an extra 2 bucks my friend made some Tooling that he rigged up that could do "At The Track" !!! he did it at the house was really cool !!!! took about 2 minutes.
and i have a TON of 8x16 from running my old AE's and my Kyosho's
and plus maybe some may not have the Alloy hubs? or just "Like" the plastic? either way gonna try them this weekend before the Nationals and see how they fair....

still like to hear and note any Views and Ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.