Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
ROAR new body rules >

ROAR new body rules

ROAR new body rules

Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ROAR new body rules

Ouch there going to be alot of upset racers and manufactures. I guess they don't like the cab forward design body that came out for the 1/8 buggy.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=7912
Old 03-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

never was a big fan of roar, i am a fan of technology however, and whatever makes rc cars faster and more cutting edge should be adopted. Hopefully this doesn't deter the manufactures from releasing products for club racers.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Why are they so hung up on what bodies look like? Who gives a flip? It isn't like the cars look realistic. If they want realistic, put rules on Slashes and SC trucks. 1/8 and 1/10 stopped looking realistic decades ago. All that matters for those classes is performance.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i wonder how many companies are going to back out of the fuel nats in protest?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
i wonder how many companies are going to back out of the fuel nats in protest?
I would.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Why are they so hung up on what bodies look like? Who gives a flip? It isn't like the cars look realistic. If they want realistic, put rules on Slashes and SC trucks. 1/8 and 1/10 stopped looking realistic decades ago. All that matters for those classes is performance.
They have a body rule for all SC trucks........
Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

show me one 1/8 scale buggy that looks realistic. Who cares what it looks like. why would you mess with the biggest class in RC. stupid move if you ask me
Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BAUSTIN
They have a body rule for all SC trucks........
I know that... my point is that class is supposed to be scale and realistic. 1/8th is far from realistic. The only thing that matters is getting around the track fast.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I know that... my point is that class is supposed to be scale and realistic. 1/8th is far from realistic. The only thing that matters is getting around the track fast.
I can use all the help i can get......lol.......
Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
show me one 1/8 scale buggy that looks realistic. Who cares what it looks like. why would you mess with the biggest class in RC. stupid move if you ask me

Don't watch Pike's Peak racing then.....

Old 03-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good move on ROAR's part. These new cab forward bodies that are coming out are even more unrealistic than ever before. Who knows what they could end up looking like given a year or two of free and open development.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

seroiusly.....

rules 6.1.4 and 6.1.4.1....really... so everybody make sure you carry extra head light decals now for your truggies so you dont get DQd

the only races where ROAR matters anymore is the Nationals and your Regionals. so it probably wont have near the affect that they are going for
Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ROAR SUCKS was going to get a membership and run in nats or another ROAR event. But screw it, there are better races to attend that is not governed by a bunch of people that is closed minded and do not adapt to the time...... They do not care about the racers... Just to hold authority above others.......
Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think it's time for a new governing body in OFF-ROAD RC, instead of ROAR. When they start putting their noses in things like this, it really flips my switch, and I hope that all the manufacturers back out of all upcoming ROAR sanctioned events.

ROAR forgets that this is a consumer driven hobby/sport, and when decisions are made that force the manufacturers into a corner, and that upset the consumer, then this hobby will suffer. Not what any of us want.

...it's sad to see ROAR tell manufacturers how to run their businesses ( by dictating what products they are 'allowed' to make !?! ), while basically telling racers how we can spend our hard-earned dollar .

WAKE UP ROAR.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Am I the only one that see's this as a good thing?

I've said this before and here we go again;

As a racer, yeah I want the latest fastest thing to help me win. If everyone has it anyway, so what? No difference if it's legal or not as everyone who is serious will have what makes them fast.

On the flip side, being in the industry I see this as a great thing for the long term. People identify with what is the norm and tend to gravitate to it before they go to the unknown.

When we display our race cars in the general public (Mazdafest, RCX etc) people "OOH and Awe" at the realistic cars like the HPI Cup Racer, The Tamiya RCGT car or our short course trucks. The only thing they are remotely interested in the 1/8th stuff is "Is that gas powered?" "How fast is that?"

To bring in new people to the sport and keep what we have and try to grow it we need to get back to what this was all about "Model car racing" not Hanger 18 or Area 51 alien technology.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.