Wiki Posts
Search

Losi starter box

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Losi starter box

Hey guys just got my starter box an have a few questions. I am using it with 2 stick packs and there is only one connector coming from the motor side so I think what I need is a connector that connects to that on connector and has 2 connectors on the other side to hook the stick packs up. Am I right? Also the guy I got it from has one stock motor in it and one aftermarket 55 turn motor in it because the stocker burned out. Is this fine or do I need to get the other motor to match it? If you guys could just give me a link to that type of connector I need that would be great, also I have deans in there so if you can find one with deans that would be great!

Thanks
Old 03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You are correct, the box comes with the adapter. Until lastnight I had one I would have sent you, but chopped it up to make a temporary adapter for my gel cell and I rewired it for my new lipo Had to put the 12g wire in for the massive voltage!!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

ya but the guy didnt send it, anyone else got one or know of a link to buy one. Also what bout the two different motors?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I resoldered my whole box, I could send out the stock wiring from it, I'll never use it. I recommend resoldering the whole box though, the stock wiring sucks. Once rewired the Losi box is the best thing going.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Lord

i dont think its a wise idea to have 2 completely different turn motor's.....especially a stock VS a Integy 55T....IMO the 55's turn too slow even on a 4 cell lipo....so i would look at getting another stocker....call up horizon and tell them you burnt out a motor and im sure they will send you one.......if you want to look for more durable motor's...look into Traxxas Titan's which are 23T motor's and will do the job intended.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Once rewired the Losi box is the best thing going.
Losi box with OFNA truggy box internals would be the best thing goin imo.

im bidding on Traxxas Summit 775 motor's on ebay to do a conversion.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Integra
Losi box with OFNA truggy box internals would be the best thing goin imo.

im bidding on Traxxas Summit 775 motor's on ebay to do a conversion.
+1 to that. Let me know how you make out with the 775's. I am just about ready to give in and buy a ofna truggy start. This losi box just isn't powerful enough for tight motors. I love the ability to start both cars but I have been using my chrome top for truggy anyway.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
ya but the guy didnt send it, anyone else got one or know of a link to buy one. Also what bout the two different motors?
you can make one just wire it in series to double the volatge. I have one that came with my losi box that was never used I use a 4S lipo. PM me if you want it or heres what it looks like and build your own.

I think you need the same motors the stock losi ones are cheap. click here
Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
+1 to that. Let me know how you make out with the 775's. I am just about ready to give in and buy a ofna truggy start. This losi box just isn't powerful enough for tight motors. I love the ability to start both cars but I have been using my chrome top for truggy anyway.
What engines are you starting? I've broken in a couple of GO engines on mine without issue. Did you rewire yours? It makes a big difference, the stock wiring sucks.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs down

I'M ON MY THIRD STARTER BOX PLEASE HELP ME TOO.... WHAT MOTORS CAN I UPGRADE TO? AND HOW DO I GET THE BOX TO NOT SUCK?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XXXDad
I'M ON MY THIRD STARTER BOX PLEASE HELP ME TOO.... WHAT MOTORS CAN I UPGRADE TO? AND HOW DO I GET THE BOX TO NOT SUCK?
I will ask you too... did you rewire it? Makes a huge difference in its performance.

My next project is to put in a relay inline so the high current doesn't pass through the plunger switch or rocker switch. The two switches will be wired in series to activate the relay.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am starting a grp non tuned
Old 03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
What engines are you starting? I've broken in a couple of GO engines on mine without issue. Did you rewire yours? It makes a big difference, the stock wiring sucks.
Yup all re-wired with deans wet noodle and deans connectors. soldered every joint. I soldered directly to the on/off switch and the pole switch tabs and all. It is just not very powerful. I have some pretty tight motors though. couple of novarossi's, an RB and a brand new OS SPEED.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY

for sure buddy....auction's are ending within the week....so we'll see how much the crapxxs guys jack the price up on me getting all excited to push the "BID NOW" button.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Integra
for sure buddy....auction's are ending within the week....so we'll see how much the crapxxs guys jack the price up on me getting all excited to push the "BID NOW" button.
Yeah crapxxs lol

Here is what my box looks like

Havent made the plunge to lipo yet. Once I go lipo with my reciever batts I will get the starter box one too. Onlything stopping me is the regulators and with hitec's new high voltage servos comming out I won't need them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.