Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 buggy brake problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 buggy brake problems

hey guys i have an lrp s8bx rtr and i havnt drove it in a while then i got it out today and drove it a bit and tuned it all up and all the rest and it was going great but i realised when i just rolled it along the brakes were locked on a little bit, so i loosened them but not where the linkage is i loosened it where the actual brake disc thing is and then i dove it again and the brakes didnt work at all. so then i tightened them back up and drove it again and the brakes still dont work, so then i went to where the actuall linkage is and loosened the little silver thing that has the grub screw and moved it back so that the brakes were tighter, i did this for the back brakes, i then went onto the front brakes and did the same procedure but when i tried to move the little solver thing back i bured the screw now im stuffed and i have no brakes. i need some help on what could actually be the reall problem seeming everytime i touched it it still didnt work. i am getting very frustrated and im quite upset because im only 14 and i spent 2 hours tying to fix it all and i got it all tuned perfectly and then when i touched the brakes it all went downhill, so please help me and tell me what i could do

thanks jack
Old 04-18-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

come on guys does anybody know
i was thinking would it help if i do this?
where the actual brake pad is loosen the screws until it doesnt rub anymore and then adjust the brakes where the actual linkage?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

You only need a thick of play between the brakepads and the brakedisc. Less than a mm is fine. I cut the springs that sit in ballpoint pens and put them between my brakepads so they are not dragging.

Then setup the brake linkage so the brakes are just not engaging. Then set your epa's and tune the brake bias.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

hey mate im only 14 so i dont relly understand what you mean sorry, is tere a simplar way of saying it?
by the way guys i do have brakes but it takes the car about 1 or 2 metres to stop
Old 04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here are the pics

In the first pic shows how to mount the linkage. "A' is the cam and "B" is the adjuster.

In pic 2 shows the cam in the middle setting.

In pic 3 shows you how to adjust from front to rear.
Attached Thumbnails 1/8 buggy brake problems-linkage.jpg   1/8 buggy brake problems-linkage_2.jpg   1/8 buggy brake problems-linkage_3.jpg  
Old 04-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It looks like you brakes are adjusted via a cam on the linkage.

The trick to you brake linkage is to set the throttle linkage first - and your "idle" end point (the position the throttle server rests) is how you setup your linkage.

So, with the radio and car on - and your finger off the trigger - you should adjust your linkage to 1mm of play from dragging your brakes pads.

Then as you apply the break (Depending on the position of the brake cam) you will either have more front / rear / or 50 - 50.

From the images it looks like Phillips screw drive - it may be different in your buggy.

Remember adjust from idle or neutral position then test - then adjust. if you need more brake after you find you setting - then dial in more on your radio.

You shouldn't have any springs on your brake linkage.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

ok thanks mate