R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   What buggies would suit y driving style the best? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/503002-what-buggies-would-suit-y-driving-style-best.html)

Pulse_ 04-13-2011 02:15 PM

What buggies would suit y driving style the best?

Hello,

I'm a slow driver. I mean, a slow looking driver :sweat:. I'm gentle on the throttle, very inside of the corners and low speed steering, no slides. The contrary of the agressive ground drifter.

I had a 808 that I loved compared to my old MBX5R but I sold it to go for 1/10 4x2. I know I'll come back in 1/8 again and I wonder what cars are the most compatible with very smooth drivers out ther in your opinion?

jzemaxx 04-13-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pulse_ (Post 8959348)
Hello,

I'm a slow driver. I mean, a slow looking driver :sweat:. I'm gentle on the throttle, very inside of the corners and low speed steering, no slides. The contrary of the agressive ground drifter.

I had a 808 that I loved compared to my old MBX5R but I sold it to go for 1/10 4x2. I know I'll come back in 1/8 again and I wonder what cars are the most compatible with very smooth drivers out ther in your opinion?

Losi 2.0...since your a slow driver.

culture6 04-13-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by jzemaxx (Post 8959384)

hahahhaha

Pulse_ 04-13-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by jzemaxx (Post 8959384)

Actually I was thinking about the Serpent s811 as another option than Xray. You would rather take a Losi 2.0 compared to the Serpent? I'm not razy about Losi to be honest

culture6 04-13-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pulse_ (Post 8959395)
Actually I was thinking about the Serpent s811 as another option than Xray. You would rather take a Losi 2.0 compared to the Serpent?

THECAR!

RCelik 04-13-2011 02:32 PM

Hot Bodies D8 Hara Ed, best bang for the buck.

hlpressley 04-13-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by RCelik (Post 8959421)
Hot Bodies D8 Hara Ed, best bang for the buck.

+1 on that :nod::nod::nod:

I have a very similar driving style which means I don't win very much but I always finish. I like my HB cars. :nod:

jzemaxx 04-13-2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pulse_ (Post 8959395)
Actually I was thinking about the Serpent s811 as another option than Xray. You would rather take a Losi 2.0 compared to the Serpent? I'm not razy about Losi to be honest

Serpent if your fast :lol:. I have owned quite a few buggies and driven quite a lot of them. Hands down the serpent has been the fastest and most durable out of all. 2nd was my MBX6 which I loved as well, but it was a solid +.5 sec off pace to the Serpent, so I switched. Losi 2.0 is a great buggy too, but twitchy and I didn't care to much for it when the track conditions were loose.... The DB is a great buggy for the price, but will wear quickly and develop a lot of slop, anyone telling you otherwise has not bought a quality buggy yet. The RC8B is also a great buggy, loved the steering, but its also twitchy and doesn't do to well in rough track conditions. I have yet to deal with Xray, but reason being is, the only guy around here was Ryan Lopez that was running Xray and he switched to Losi and is faster now... FWIW.

jzemaxx 04-13-2011 02:57 PM

Oh...2 buggies I forgot to mention. I currently own a DNX408 as well.....more steering then a Serpent, but also more nervous, and not nearly as planted. Also my cousin ran a JQ and also bought a DNX408....JQ was sold immediately. He didn't care for having to Frankenstein a buggy to keep it running properly :lol:.

hlpressley 04-13-2011 03:33 PM

:lol:

Quality buggy huh?

I actually own a shop here in the Carolina's where I sell the following brands and have owned most..

AE
Kyosho
Mugen
Serpent
Team Durango
JQ
Ofna
Hoboa
Hot Bodies
Agama

Needless to say, I have lots of choices all at dealer cost...I choose Hot Bodies all day!

portyansky 04-13-2011 04:05 PM

If you are a slow looking driver that runs tight lines and dont crash, it doesnt matter.

JamminSP 04-13-2011 06:54 PM

IMO the Mugens arent happy unless they are getting pushed hard. Granted the setup can make any kit perform the way you want it. The HB is an excellent kit and has a great price tag. The C Hub style front end tends to have more aggressive steering, or responsive however you want to put it. What they lack though is the ability to change the caster angle without switching the c hubs (caster blocks). Ive started running the Intech buggy and it handles on par with the Losi, HB but steers much better than a Mugen.

DPowers 04-13-2011 07:03 PM

The Agama buggy is good i drove HB for 2 years and its a good as well but it does wear if you dont maintance it after ever other race but i am glade i got the agama it drives like a losi but to me its more planted.

Pulse_ 04-14-2011 01:59 AM

I'm quite a beginner I started less than a year ago and drove only brushless buggies. The way they deliver the power suits my driving style. My only concern is too have a car that is strong and easy to drive fast & to set up, and smooth. To me a Mugen is more for agressive drivers, so I'm thinking about alternatives.

I just need an easy car to work on and drive. I can convert it, this is not a problem. Right now no car is really optimized for BL applications, they're just conversions

So the pretenders are:
- S811
- Agama A8 Evo

Just wondering if some brushless versions are planned.

I don't want te chassis to wear fast and I need it to steer as I drive on the inside of the corners

culture6 04-14-2011 02:20 AM

durango is just way too expensive. I like light cars, suits my driving. soo I got a JQ(: