R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Hot bodies d8 vrs mugen mbx6 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/501988-hot-bodies-d8-vrs-mugen-mbx6.html)

rcgarrettp9 04-10-2011 07:11 PM

Hot bodies d8 vrs mugen mbx6

Ive narrowed my choice downto mugen and hb buggies. Can someone give me some pros or cons on buying my first nitro car. I currently do shortcourse if that helps at all. I currentlY hear people at the track in sunn arizona telling me to get this. Know I want to now what u think

DPowers 04-10-2011 07:18 PM

I drove the HB for 2 years it is a good car and i will never say different it is probley the best car for a beginner it is really staple and pretty tough the only real problems i had where the cvds wearing a little but if probley mantained there not a big problem i know drive the Agama and the car is real good as well.

portyansky 04-10-2011 07:23 PM

You know my vote (see sig). But this thread is gonna get a lot of different responses and you will get many people telling you about other brands. Dont let anyone persuade to do what you dont want. There are many of the same types of threads. You can use the search engine or just go into the dedicated threads for the vehicles you like. My biggest recommendation is this... Which brand will provide you with the best support through racers (setup tips, part support etc..) and your lhs.
Just remember, the goal of this hobby is to enjoy it and having fun.

jmaxey51 04-10-2011 07:26 PM

ive owned both, and IMHO MBX6 is easier to drive. the D8 is a little more durable or easier to work on but parts wear a little faster. parts and upgrades for D8 are cheaper than mugen. i really liked the D8 and i did very well with one but after the D8 i got an O'donnell SG buggy and got alot faster and now running the MBX6 and got even faster but not quite as consistent as i was with the OD yet, still working on setup with the mugen. with the D8, make sure to have both front and rear arms, axels and axel rebuild kits.

both are great buggies and both are probably the easiest buggies to drive and setup, so it just comes down to which one appeals to you most. you will get 100 different answers but in the end get which one you like most.

v6shooter 04-10-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by portyansky (Post 8944317)
You know my vote (see sig). But this thread is gonna get a lot of different responses and you will get many people telling you about other brands. Dont let anyone persuade to do what you dont want. There are many of the same types of threads. You can use the search engine or just go into the dedicated threads for the vehicles you like. My biggest recommendation is this... Which brand will provide you with the best support through racers (setup tips, part support etc..) and your lhs.
Just remember, the goal of this hobby is to enjoy it and having fun.

Well said gauge:nod:

jpz_67 04-10-2011 09:49 PM

I have run both cars and both are great in there own ways. I felt that the Hb was the more stable car, easier to drive, and had more punch. I also felt that the hot bodies shocks worked a little better than the mugen as for me I felt the hb landed from jumps better, packed up better. The negatives on the hb for me were lack of adjustment, and most off durability. I had things happen to me on the hb that never happened before. Not hating here guys just sharing my experience.

Now for the mugen the parts are top notch, parts wear is excellent, and plenty of adjustment. I had a very long run with the mugen and really liked the car but I often found the car was a handfull to drive and chased setup to much. Everything considered I would still advise the mugen. Just my honest .02.

Eastside777 04-11-2011 07:50 AM

Mugen parts are also alot more expensive compared to the D8. Alot more.:nod:

portyansky 04-11-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Eastside777 (Post 8946370)
Mugen parts are also alot more expensive compared to the D8. Alot more.:nod:

Thats b/c people dont need to buy a lot of spares ;)