Wiki Posts
Search

What cars have you owned, Which did you like

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default What cars have you owned, Which did you like

Just out of curiosity, What cars have you owned/ran and how did you like them?

In order of preference:

1. Team Losi 1.5 buggy/truggy-

Likes- great cars, lots of support, guys at the track always had parts, handled pretty well.

Dislikes-Hub bearings, enough said, Driveshafts wore out quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Sportwerks Mayhem Pro buggy-

Likes- Absolute tank, old car, but everything is overbuilt- uses muggy/lst driveline- their parts are plentiful. universal driveshafts wear slowly. Uses all 8x16x5 bearings

Dislikes- Its heavy as you know what, hard to find odds and ends for the car (I got mine with lots of spare parts, but what i dont have, i have to make). Complexity, there are lots of parts that newer buggies dont have.

*My younger cousin still runs this car, its awesome and can hang with any other car*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3. Hotbodies D8 Buggy-
Likes- Durable car, very easy to drive. didnt collect dirt like my losi

Dislikes- Soft plastics warped easily, and the fact that you needed a special steering servo horn to work with the car- sucked if you ever needed to change servos.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4.JQ the Car- HAVENT RUN IT YET, subject to change
Likes- My first new kit car, looks great on paper. lots of innovative features

Dislikes- None yet, except my kit came with 3 front a-arms and 1 rear
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Heres my list first owned to last.

Duratrax Nitro evader St

Likes: it came with proline tires rtr. It was a fun truck got me hooked on nitro RC. Came with an OS made .18 motor that tuned well and ran strong.

Dislikes: drive train wouldn't hold up in a tyco RC car let alone a 1/10 truck with a .18.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Associated 1/8 RC8T RS

Likes: this truck got me hooked on 1/8 nitro. It was a pretty tough truck.

Dislikes: it was heavy. The rtr plastic parts seems week. The rod ends were always kinked after a few runs.
~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~~~

Associated RC8T CE

Likes: on a smooth track i could carve through corners and it always seemed to fly straight. Had more tuning options compared to the Rtr and plastics seemed better.

Dislikes: I couldn't find a single set up I liked in bumpy tracks. Truck always had an on power push. The rod ends again were always kinked. The front drive shafts always bent even with out crashing. Seemed heavy and would take some throttle to clear jumps right out of corners. The chassis layout was fat/wide. Fuel tanks went threw three in a summer, none cracked or broke they just randomly developed bubbles in the fuel lines and would never stop. Wasn't mug lighter then the rtr truck even for being there "championship edition"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Losi 8ight T 2.0

Likes: smooth drive train. Fairly light. Chassis has mass centralization, it looks slim and sexy. Plastics are tough as nails. has good off power and amazing on power steering. Very consistent and handles fought terrain with ease. Lots of support online/track. Good fuel tanks.

Dislikes: a few drive shafts were rather quickly. Throttle servo has to be set up precisely, (tho I neve had a problem).

Out of all the trucks I had I am most happy with my losi.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

I keep seeing this Team Losi 1.5

What is it?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token
I keep seeing this Team Losi 1.5

What is it?
Hybrid 1.0-2.0

mine was a grab bag of losi parts, they are all semi compatible
Old 04-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

MGT, LST2, Nanda Swift 2,MBX 4, MBX-5 prospec, MBX 5T,Tamiya 801x, MBX 6.
The MGT was awesome, but overall, in my rc dreams, I dream of my MBX-5.

Lots of electric crap, but some good:
Slash, XXX-cr, Ass TF-5, TT-01, M-05, ZX-5
The Slash ruled, hands down... I really want a 4x4
Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by casevac
MGT, LST2, Nanda Swift 2,MBX 4, MBX-5 prospec, MBX 5T,Tamiya 801x, MBX 6.
The MGT was awesome, but overall, in my rc dreams, I dream of my MBX-5.

Lots of electric crap, but some good:
Slash, XXX-cr, Ass TF-5, TT-01, M-05, ZX-5
The Slash ruled, hands down... I really want a 4x4
I have one, rolling chassis 95 bucks
Old 04-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RC10 6-Gear gold pan,RC10 Graphite,RC10B2,RC10B3,RC10T(with narrow front and regular width tires,RC10T2,RC10T3,RC10T4 FT,RC10L, Terminator Dirt Oval, RC8 RTR,RC8B(x2),RC8T FT,SC10, RC18T RTR, Jato 3.3, XTM Rage(x2), and Monster GT .21.

Faves- Monster GT .21(now has a xtm 457), RC8T FT, RC8B, RC10 Gold Pan 6-Gear, RC10T,RC10 T3,RC10T4 FT, Terminator Dirt Oval, SC10.
Still own- RC8B,RC8T FT,Jato 3.3, rc18T,XTM Rage(x2), Monster GT 457.

Ohh I forgot to add I also had a Thunder Tiger TTR ST-1 Pro. I REALLY Liked that truggy. I mean alot. Maybe even more than my RC8T FT.
hehe. I forgot my RC10 CE.

Last edited by mgtmadness2007; 04-14-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added 1 RC.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rider313
Heres my list first owned to last.

Duratrax Nitro evader St

Likes: it came with proline tires rtr. It was a fun truck got me hooked on nitro RC. Came with an OS made .18 motor that tuned well and ran strong.

Dislikes: drive train wouldn't hold up in a tyco RC car let alone a 1/10 truck with a .18.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Associated 1/8 RC8T RS

Likes: this truck got me hooked on 1/8 nitro. It was a pretty tough truck.

Dislikes: it was heavy. The rtr plastic parts seems week. The rod ends were always kinked after a few runs.
~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~~~

Associated RC8T CE

Likes: on a smooth track i could carve through corners and it always seemed to fly straight. Had more tuning options compared to the Rtr and plastics seemed better.

Dislikes: I couldn't find a single set up I liked in bumpy tracks. Truck always had an on power push. The rod ends again were always kinked. The front drive shafts always bent even with out crashing. Seemed heavy and would take some throttle to clear jumps right out of corners. The chassis layout was fat/wide. Fuel tanks went threw three in a summer, none cracked or broke they just randomly developed bubbles in the fuel lines and would never stop. Wasn't mug lighter then the rtr truck even for being there "championship edition"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Losi 8ight T 2.0

Likes: smooth drive train. Fairly light. Chassis has mass centralization, it looks slim and sexy. Plastics are tough as nails. has good off power and amazing on power steering. Very consistent and handles fought terrain with ease. Lots of support online/track. Good fuel tanks.

Dislikes: a few drive shafts were rather quickly. Throttle servo has to be set up precisely, (tho I neve had a problem).

Out of all the trucks I had I am most happy with my losi.

come, on now lol you couldnt find any setups at all to fit your driving style with all the tuning the rc8t ce has its "heavy" but its not terrible about 9.6 pounds with everything not much heavyer than the d8t by the specs

i, heard from others the bending of the ball cups dint effect anything .
im going to get a "extra fuel tank" but i only heard from a few that had problems with the upgraded gas tank.

i, dint hear about the front driveshafts getting bent without hitting anything but weird things happen though.

Last edited by tc5 man; 04-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

5 t-maxxs
13 revos
5 tamiya minis
7 tamiya rally's
1 tamiya 415
1 tc3
1 ntc3
1 tc5
3 bajas
2 axial crawlers
4 micro t's
2 slash
1 slash 4x4
1 scrt10
3 mbx5r's
3 mbx5t's
1 Losi 8t 2.0
1 mbx6
4 mbx6t's

And thats just off the top of my head.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

here's my list (hope ya brought your popcorn bucket)

1. Tamiya King Cab
likes- fairly quick for early 90's, built like a brick
dislikes- parts were hard to come by and expensive, mechanical speed controls SUCK!!!

2. RC10 CE
likes- original steath tranny, sliky smooth shocks, plastic was tough as nails, all aluminum gold chassis
dislikes- white plastics, all aluminum gold chassis

3. MRC WorldScale
likes- size, dual motors
dislikes- instructions were a PITA to read, for all the hype, wasn't fast at all, mechanical speed controls SUCK!!!

4. Traxxas Blue Eagle LSII Pro
likes- everything except the dam white plastic
dislikes- the dam white plastic

5. Bolink Blazer
likes- cheap, easy to assemble, fast as HELL (with an 8 turn single mod motor), lots of room for electronics, the gold wheels were the shiz-nit!, loved the lowrider look
dislikes- cheap, easy to break, hard as hell to handle (with an 8 turn single mod motor), didn't care much for the suspension, tires chunked out fast

6. Traxxas Stampede
likes- fairly tough, most of my LSII parts bolted up, fun with enough motor
dislikes- the chassis, the body, only available in RTR

7. XTM Nitro Excellorator RTR
likes- handled decent, threaded shocks stock, .18 stock, decent exhaust stock
dislikes- plastics, part availability, durablility issues

8. TTR EB4 S2 Pro
likes- what wasn't there to like, still got most of it
dislikes- support was getting bad there twards the end of the S2 era...

9. Jammin X1cr
likes- built like a tank, cheaper than the rest and still just as competitive right out of the box
dislikes- pushed like a tank, weighed as much as a tank, soft shock shafts

10. Jammin X2
likes- ummmmm, none
dislikes- ummmmm, alot

11. Mugen MBX5R
likes- everything enough to still race and be competitive with it to this day!!
dislikes- weighs a ton (in stock trim )
Old 04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Prophet

heres what i owned offroad wise

1.losi xxxt rtr with a good amount of hop ups.

2. associated gt2 rtr upgraded to a factory

3. losi eight buggy 1.0

4. slash

5. eight-t 1.0

losi eight buggy 1.0

likes: it was quick and light for a buggy dint drive bad .

dislikes : drivetrain wear i got tried of it i had to use diffrent setups from the stock to get it more stable and drive the way i wanted it.

eight-t 1.0 : light for a truggy jumped ok turned good never had enough off power steering though it was quick .

dislikes : i, needed upgrades like alum rear hubs the stock rear hub hidge pins bend easy over time and need a "alum radio tray stiffer" and the "drivetrain wear" wasnt the greastest and the slop in the plastics that came quickly and had to get the flex chassis to get it to drive easier had problems getting enough off power steering.

rc8tce ; i, like the plastics on this truggy a lot better than the losi in my opinion and its a bit cheaper for the parts comes with the needed upgrades lots of tuning comes with race style tread tires .

dislikes : i havnt driven it yet dam rain lol
its a little heavy i dint like the 3 shoe clutch with the pilot clutch nut its a pain so i upgraded to a 4 shoe clutch kit.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
come, on now lol you couldnt find any setups at all to fit your driving style with all the tuning the rc8t ce has its "heavy" but its not terrible about 9.6 pounds with everything not much heavyer than the d8t by the specs

im going to get a "extra fuel tank" but i only heard from a few that had problems with the upgraded gas tank.

i, dint hear about the front driveshafts getting bent without hitting anything but weird things happen though.
No serious problems with my RC8T FT.
Plastics are soft and warp on RC8B and my RC8T FT, Camber turnbuckle ends(back ones) do bend a little, steering tie rod ends wear out kinda quick, NO Problems with any fuel Tanks,(well rc8 RTR years ago).
I broke 1 part and bent a hinge pin. I think I have bought my RC8T FT a few months after it came out.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

1. Schumacher XTR3E

likes: super fast, uncontrollable power (.21 in a 1:10 stadium truck), TTR .21 engine, bulletproof drill start, 3speed.

disliked: poor handling, weak construction, brittle plastics, weak plastic drivetrain. Basicly the truck was shredding itself apart.

2. Ofna Dominator .21 RTR

likes: handling - MT that drove like a buggy. Simply built/easy to work on (compared to other stuff back in the day) Quite durable, nice shocks, all metal diffs, great easy-to-tune engine.

dislikes: not much suspension travel for jumps.

3. HPI Savage 25 RTR

likes: built like a brick, flexible crash absorbing plastics, lots of suspension travel.

dislikes: roto start, stock engine sucked, complexity/lots of parts, difficult to access diffs etc, fuel tank design, radio box design, weak stock diffs.

4. HPI sprint 2 RTR

dislike: quite a lot, felt like a toy.

5. HPI Hellfire SS

dislikes: complicated design, difficult and time consuming to work on, could be more durable.

6. Hyper 8/8.5

Too early to tell, just got it.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man

I just never found a set up I was happy with. I always got it to work in one spot on the track but it suffered in the next. When I went to losi the 8T 2.0 did everything I wanted my CE to do with the stock losi setup.

As for the rod ends not effecting anything? Really when they get tweaked the plastic only gets softer so it will bend easier causing camber angles to change under load.

I have seen multiple ppl have front drive shaft issues wining crashing. Most just bend em back but its and hassle which led to it being a dislike.

And I didn't know we could do electrics.

Losi strike.
Likes: it was my first SC truck and had a blast with it. Once i shimmer the front link it was pretty tough truck.

Dislikes: I think even slashes handled better then it on a track. It wasn't ment to race.

Losi XXX-SCT

Likes: very tough truck it can take some tumbles. It's a very smooth Hamelin chassis and has the ability to turn sharp. Stock tires are

Dislikes. No kit/ RR version. I have No real issues woth it.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cars

T-max great for bashing but always needed something to keep it running

Slash - fun but slow (All Traxxas are gone)

Still have the z-car buggy and truggy, 2 of each with the buggy needing dvds every once in a while and the truggy not needing anything yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.