Wiki Posts
Search

Tire storage..

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Tire storage..

What is everyone using to store Truggy tires?

I got some used truggy tires, and they did not come with the original bags. With buggy tire I use 1 gallon zip lock, but 4 truggy tires won't fit in a 1 gal.. Is there anything bigger? Where do you get them? I did see a 1.25 gal at grocery store yesterday, but I don't think it'd be big enough..

Thanks in advance guys..
Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I use 2.5 gallon ziplock bags for truggy tires. Works great!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i use the DE racing tire spikes and put them in the cabinet in the trailer or in a plastic container for the truck when we dont take the trailer.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyM
What is everyone using to store Truggy tires?

I got some used truggy tires, and they did not come with the original bags. With buggy tire I use 1 gallon zip lock, but 4 truggy tires won't fit in a 1 gal.. Is there anything bigger? Where do you get them? I did see a 1.25 gal at grocery store yesterday, but I don't think it'd be big enough..

Thanks in advance guys..
Dialed Inc is the best for this. Your tires stay neat and organized and you can mark right on the bag or can what they are. You can use the bags or the can. The bags are a little cheaper. Either way you go you can buy extra cans or bags if needed

http://www.dialedinc.com/tirestorage.html
Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

A gal. zip lock bag will hold two Truggy tires,

Not too bad, but I try to keep any OEM truggy tire bags that I may come across. Seems some guys I know don't like to use them. An nice plastic container helps too. I've looked at the Dialed Bag for truggy tires and it's good, but not big enough for me. I have a good ammount of truggy tires. If the Dialed bag was the size of their Truggy bag, or a little bigger, it would work better as most truggy racers have more than 4 sets to race with.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I use some combination of these:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...be3a5e2a8bdf10

I put four tires together using a long bolt, I think I use a 7/16" thread by about 6" or so, with a wing nut to hold all the tires together. Go to Home Depot, take your tires with you, and see what you can get to work for you. They have large ziploc bags too, in the storage section. Works great, much cheaper than other solutions out there.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
A gal. zip lock bag will hold two Truggy tires,

Not too bad, but I try to keep any OEM truggy tire bags that I may come across. Seems some guys I know don't like to use them. An nice plastic container helps too. I've looked at the Dialed Bag for truggy tires and it's good, but not big enough for me. I have a good ammount of truggy tires. If the Dialed bag was the size of their Truggy bag, or a little bigger, it would work better as most truggy racers have more than 4 sets to race with.
what do you mean? I have about 10 sets of buggy in the buggy bad and i believe 8 sets in the truggy bag. The Cans a little small but that bags work great
Old 03-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A big plastic bag and a rubber band to tie it up will be fine as well...
Old 03-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I use a nice big plastic container that has a nice sealing lid on it. I got 6 sets of truggy tires in there along with 4 SC sets. Works great. I simple green the tires when I put them in and they come out just as fresh.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
Dialed Inc is the best for this. Your tires stay neat and organized and you can mark right on the bag or can what they are. You can use the bags or the can. The bags are a little cheaper. Either way you go you can buy extra cans or bags if needed

http://www.dialedinc.com/tirestorage.html
+1 on the dialed bags. I use the dialed ziplock bags and I can fit 6 sets in a truggy bag and 8 sets in a buggy bag. Dialed it perfect.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

losi_racer,

Just a preference thing. I roll about 35 sets deep, so something bigger is what I look for. I do like the bags though. Right now I have a big plastic storage container for the shop and use an old Trinity XXL bag (with the old three box setup) for going to the track. It'll hold about 12-14 sets, which is a bit over kill, but I rather have the tires and not need them, then need a set only to find I left them at home.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
I use some combination of these:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...be3a5e2a8bdf10

I put four tires together using a long bolt, I think I use a 7/16" thread by about 6" or so, with a wing nut to hold all the tires together. Go to Home Depot, take your tires with you, and see what you can get to work for you. They have large ziploc bags too, in the storage section. Works great, much cheaper than other solutions out there.
Thanks Bro, this is hte info I was looking for.. Think I'll be ordering some of those 3 gal ziplocks..
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyM
Thanks Bro, this is hte info I was looking for.. Think I'll be ordering some of those 3 gal ziplocks..
No problem. I'm pretty sure you can find those larger ziplocs at places like Lowes/Home Depot, Target, WalMart, etc so look locally before you order.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The Ziploc XL storage bag will hold four sets of truggy tires when
they are stacked on their sides. The Ziploc XXL bag will hold a truggy.
Just slip your truggy into one after you're done racing. It keeps the crud
off everything until you get it home to clean it. They also have built-in
carrying handles.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
losi_racer,

Just a preference thing. I roll about 35 sets deep, so something bigger is what I look for. I do like the bags though. Right now I have a big plastic storage container for the shop and use an old Trinity XXL bag (with the old three box setup) for going to the track. It'll hold about 12-14 sets, which is a bit over kill, but I rather have the tires and not need them, then need a set only to find I left them at home.
39@ sets?? Holy crap lol.I thought I was overkill for nitro challenge when I had about 14 sets of buggy lol.just buy multiple dialed bags lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.