Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Newbie need help!

Hi Guys,

I need some advice. Im a newbie to Nitro RC, Recently I bought a Kyosho MFR. Just wondering if there is certain size of High Torque Servo specifically for my ride? If there is may I know what is the size? Im looking at either 14kg or 20kg. preferbly Futaba brand as I hear alot about this brand.

As for receiver, im looking for Futaba brand as well, I dont need 4pk that high end but some relatively good. Can someone please advice me on these. Mine is 2.4 3channel. Thank you so much

Regards,
Ben
Old 03-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

There is gonna be a lot of answers to this thread. And your best bet is to know how much money you wanna spend. There are many servos that will do what you want.
Im not really sure in the conversion 14-20 kg, but you would need at least 250oz to be comfortable. If you wanna stay only in the Futaba family, here are your choices.
BLS155
BLS152

As far as radios if you wanna stay within Futaba. You will be happy with the Futaba 4pl.

There are other servo/radio companies that will do what you want. But im sure this thread will fish them all for you.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bennymf81
Hi Guys,

I need some advice. Im a newbie to Nitro RC, Recently I bought a Kyosho MFR. Just wondering if there is certain size of High Torque Servo specifically for my ride? If there is may I know what is the size? Im looking at either 14kg or 20kg. preferbly Futaba brand as I hear alot about this brand.

As for receiver, im looking for Futaba brand as well, I dont need 4pk that high end but some relatively good. Can someone please advice me on these. Mine is 2.4 3channel. Thank you so much

Regards,
Ben

Conversion factor is 14.223 so 14kg/cm is roughly 200oz and 20kg/cm is around 285oz. The Savox 1256TG is right at 20kg/cm and is absolutely an awesome servo for a great price.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Regards,
Ben

My recommended Futaba servos are - S9351

My recommended Futaba radio is - 3PMX, 2.4ghz FASST
Old 03-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks alot bro for the advice. Its not really much about how much is the budget and of course dont get me wrong, im not boasting that Im rich, just that I wanted to get something good and reliable, good and powerful. So Futaba is pretty well known in this area as far as I know since I am really new to RC.

May I know is there a need to get a 4pk? I heard that it is a overkill for me.

Originally Posted by portyansky
There is gonna be a lot of answers to this thread. And your best bet is to know how much money you wanna spend. There are many servos that will do what you want.
Im not really sure in the conversion 14-20 kg, but you would need at least 250oz to be comfortable. If you wanna stay only in the Futaba family, here are your choices.
BLS155
BLS152

As far as radios if you wanna stay within Futaba. You will be happy with the Futaba 4pl.

There are other servo/radio companies that will do what you want. But im sure this thread will fish them all for you.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the advice, have never really heard of Savox, may I know more about this brand?

Originally Posted by Bengsch85
Conversion factor is 14.223 so 14kg/cm is roughly 200oz and 20kg/cm is around 285oz. The Savox 1256TG is right at 20kg/cm and is absolutely an awesome servo for a great price.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the help. May I know is every servo in the same size and does fit every ride?

Originally Posted by DiZzYNaTiOn
My recommended Futaba servos are - S9351

My recommended Futaba radio is - 3PMX, 2.4ghz FASST
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the advice, have never really heard of Savox, may I know more about this brand?
Savox have been used in Europe for a few years now and just made it to the USA in the past year. I've been really impressed with them so far coming from Hitec servos and the price points on them are really good. All metal geared inside and are quick and powerful. Im running them in all of my vehicles this year. IMHO a great servo for a great price!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks bro for this great information you had shared. Thing gonna have to tried it out. May I know where is it made?

Originally Posted by Bengsch85
Savox have been used in Europe for a few years now and just made it to the USA in the past year. I've been really impressed with them so far coming from Hitec servos and the price points on them are really good. All metal geared inside and are quick and powerful. Im running them in all of my vehicles this year. IMHO a great servo for a great price!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check them out here: http://www.savoxusa.com
Old 03-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

+1 on savox servos. this is my 2nd yr running them with no problems
Old 03-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hey

Copnsidering the truck you have the 20kg sounds good thats what I have.For a radio I would suggest a spectrum they the best radios around,and if looking at buying mutiple recivers the spectrum ones are chaeper by like $50.good Luck!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

On the servo you definatly need at least 200oz of torque forget truck. The futaba bls line seems solid to me. As for the radio if the 4pk is too much check out the 4pl it's a very stylish radio. The bottom like on the radio is you have to like it. It's what's in your hand the whole time you are driving. Foe me it's a ko eurus bit if yo like futaba stick with it.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had a set of orion servos since they came out, same as savox from what I understand. They are in my sons truggy now and taking a beating with no issues at all. Fast and very reliable servos.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dear Bros,

Thank you all so much for all your kind and friend help. Thank you so much for the information. Really appreciate it.