Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Devistation in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ntrain42
What are you talking about? Have Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones of the NFL cut Japan a check to cover the damages and downtime.

there to greedy to do that

even though they should.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft are just like everyone else. It can all be gone in a matter of no time.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
To be very honest, if I substained that kind of damage that they have, I don't know what I would do. All that most can do is dig a big hole and bury the majority of it. I guess it could be a recyclers dream.
Either way, it's very sad for the loss of life and the damage. The Bible is fullfilling itself each and every day. This world is taken on alot of damage and not enough money to rebuild it.
Originally Posted by Jaz240
Im not all that concerned with the RC supply chain. I'm more concerned with the 10,000 people that died and all the pain, suffering, and destruction that these people have to deal with. May God hear our prayers
Yes, let God be with them and comfort them in their suffering.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

glad we dont get our oil from there!!! can you imagian gas prices?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I am currently stationed in japan on yokota AB. We are doing all we can to support the sunami victims. It is truly sad, children missing their parents, parents missing their children. I am sick to my stomach.
However the damage is only concentrated on the coast with the majority of Japan being ok. It will still take the effort of the entire country to get things back to normal but most of Japan is ok.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Yes, let God be with them and comfort them in their suffering.
+1 They need all the help they can get.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Posted this in another thread on Saturday:

Joe and I are doing well and our families are safe. Joe and I had went to Tokyo to pick up some parts for tomorrows race in Akihabara. We were just around the corner from RC Champs when the main quake began. The tall buildings were swaying as if it was a cartoon! Some tiles fell from some buildings around us but no one was hurt. Walked into the store and a big aftershock came. Everyone but the staff ran out of the store. The staff was holding the radios, engines and their parts on the selves behind the counter.
We walked two hours to meet up with my wife and her friend. They both were hysterical. The only train running was the bullet train out of Tokyo station. Another two hour walk to the station and jumped on and headed to West Yokohama. I live in Yokohama, but on the East Side. My wife is Japanese so when we passed the subway station, she heard them announce the service was opening up. We jumped on and headed closer towards where we lived. Jumped off the train and caught a taxi to the main gate. We got home about 2am to find our house mostly in tact. Some pictures off the shelves, knocked over coat rack, and a freaked out dog.
Adam, Thank you very much for the post. We came through this alot better than others over here.

Redman6T
Old 03-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Im not all that concerned with the RC supply chain. I'm more concerned with the 10,000 people that died and all the pain, suffering, and destruction that these people have to deal with. May God hear our prayers
+100 on that bro! But I am amazed how composed the japanese were after the tragedy. No Looting and they stay calm after the whole thing and focused on the task at hand. Considering the magnitude of the destruction just 10000 plus lost lives was a testament to their preparedness. God bless them in their darkess time.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

God bless those that needed help...
Powerful Quake moved Japan main island by 8feet
Not too long ago in Indonesia, than New Zealand, now Japan, what next?
It seems the closer we r to 2012 the more problem the earth face...
Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am also stationed here at Yokota and its almost business as usual. Most of the damage took place in the country area up north. Tokyo took some damage, but no where near what they took in Sendai. Relief efforts are massive right now and we are busy as hell here. But anything we could do here at Yokota is being done. The bad part is, we are expecting another quake within the next couple of days measuring somewhere over a 7.0. There have been a ton of aftershocks as the cell phones here send the alerts all the time. The ports and harbors are starting to get stuff in and out, but the majority of the efforts are being focused on the cleanup and maintaining the nuclear reactors right now. We were supposed to start the blackouts today, but the electric company got held up for some reason, so we are unsure of when that will start. As far as the looting and the calmness in the atmosphere here, you have to live here to understand it. The Japanese are wonderful people and its just there nature. They don't believe in the violence or taking anything that does not belong to them because its just not there's. They are also very well prepared. But some things you can never be truly prepared for. My heart goes out to the families that have lost so much. I have a lot of Japanese friends here and my heart goes out to them. Say a prayer for everyone here. We are definitely not out of the danger quite yet, but are dealing. Believe me, things will get back to normal soon enough.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN JAPAN !

It is sad to hear such bad news after New Zealand and now Japan.

DT
Old 03-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Very well said Jaz ++++1
Old 03-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have and will continue to pray for everyone over there going through such a devastating time. Japanese people are some of the strongest, smartest, and humblest people in the world. I love and admire there culture and what they stand for. May you all be safe, and I will pray for things to improve as fast as possible. God speed to you all, we are all pulling for you!!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Revooooooo
I am also stationed here at Yokota and its almost business as usual. Most of the damage took place in the country area up north. Tokyo took some damage, but no where near what they took in Sendai. Relief efforts are massive right now and we are busy as hell here. But anything we could do here at Yokota is being done. The bad part is, we are expecting another quake within the next couple of days measuring somewhere over a 7.0. There have been a ton of aftershocks as the cell phones here send the alerts all the time. The ports and harbors are starting to get stuff in and out, but the majority of the efforts are being focused on the cleanup and maintaining the nuclear reactors right now. We were supposed to start the blackouts today, but the electric company got held up for some reason, so we are unsure of when that will start. As far as the looting and the calmness in the atmosphere here, you have to live here to understand it. The Japanese are wonderful people and its just there nature. They don't believe in the violence or taking anything that does not belong to them because its just not there's. They are also very well prepared. But some things you can never be truly prepared for. My heart goes out to the families that have lost so much. I have a lot of Japanese friends here and my heart goes out to them. Say a prayer for everyone here. We are definitely not out of the danger quite yet, but are dealing. Believe me, things will get back to normal soon enough.

wow a other earthquake after that one yea thats weird hope your safe .

yea we in the usa could learn from people in japan not to loot or fight each other when a natural disater comes .

maybe it work this time .