Wiki Posts
Search

Revo or Losi Ten T for Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)
Default Revo or Losi Ten T for Bashing

I am looking to pick up another Nitro bashing truck and really like the REVO. I had one for a few weeks and loved it but my track had stopped running MT class along time ago so I traded it away for a slash. Well come to find out they don't run that class much if all either so racing is off the table. Now I will be strictly bashing and was wondering between the 2 trucks which would make the better basher? I know the Ten T is smaller and sits lower but am stuck on the pros/cons of each having only owned one of them. My LHS stocks parts for both so that will not be an issue either.

Last edited by 2canSAM; 03-11-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

This is almost brand new.... better for bashing. You know, you had one.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...evo-3-3-a.html
Old 03-12-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Out of the 2 listed, the TEN-T!

I have one and "had" a revo. The Losi will out bash, out race and out last the traxxas. I can hang with Truggys and Buggys with it INC. my own. The thing is brutal fast and durable for what it is (stadium truck)... I get a kick out of starting it with the push button at the line before a stadium or sportsman race
Old 03-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

10t all the way..!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Out of the 2 listed, the TEN-T!

I have one and "had" a revo. The Losi will out bash, out race and out last the traxxas. I can hang with Truggys and Buggys with it INC. my own. The thing is brutal fast and durable for what it is (stadium truck)... I get a kick out of starting it with the push button at the line before a stadium or sportsman race
+1, two of the young'ins in my area have the Ten T.
They are some bad a**ed little trucks. The boys beat
the crap outta them and they just keep on going.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default depends

if your going to do alot of bashing and a little racing with no intent on modifing it. go with the ten-t. however if you plan on doing alot of stuff to either one go with the revo alot more aftermarket for it. although the losi has a much better radio much safer for beginners due to the temp, speed, revs, ect. i was looking at the ten-t and the revo also i decided that the ten-t would be better considering i wanted to get into racing. but for bashing i would get the revo. more fun in the grass and baseball fields.
the wayi see it go with something that no one around you has
Old 03-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Of the 2 listed, 10T 100%.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Of the 2 listed, 10T 100%.
the 2nd person to add the "of the 2 listed" disclaimer. Please feel free to add suggestions I have overlooked. The more to chose from the better
Old 03-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2canSAM
the 2nd person to add the "of the 2 listed" disclaimer. Please feel free to add suggestions I have overlooked. The more to chose from the better
Right now you have a monster truck and a stadium truck as choices. 2 totally different classes of truck.

You need to decide what "kind" of truck you want first, then people can chime in on pros/cons on the makes.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you COULD get a revo, but at the end of the day, its still a revo, and a traxxas.

The 10t is worth buying for the radio, and dont even mention its just a better truck
Old 03-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

the revo is well the revo you know what your getting. the only cons against the 10 t that i have found are 1: runtime expect about a 4 minute run per tank with a good tune and everything left stock.(others may know how to get more.) 2: the ross starting system, when it works its great. but is seems to always fail at the worse time. wires coming off starter motor, one way bearing requires alot of maintenence,(at least on our dusty track).
good luck with your choice
Old 03-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

From my past and all the fun I have had. I say get a Revo. That lil things was fun. Then I got into racing from there with the same truck. All I added was some better radio gear. RPM Arms. And a pipe. Then later done the line got me some nice wheels and tires and a body and wing. As long as took for me to blow up that 3.3. Then i got me a motor.

That truck is really not all that bad.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

also the ten-t has a strange wheel size and hex size i belive its a 14mm hex on it. and it is hard to get tires that fit well unless you plan on spending an arm and a leg to keep replacing tires and it is hevy for racing in the stadium truck class (2lbs to hevy)
Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by markkris
the revo is well the revo you know what your getting. the only cons against the 10 t that i have found are 1: runtime expect about a 4 minute run per tank with a good tune and everything left stock.(others may know how to get more.) 2: the ross starting system, when it works its great. but is seems to always fail at the worse time. wires coming off starter motor, one way bearing requires alot of maintenence,(at least on our dusty track).
good luck with your choice
i belive that you can the 8-eight tank as a drop in. do you know of a way to reduce wieght? other then puting a pull start in it?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2canSAM

what's your budget ? what are you planning on doing with said truck ? Racing bashing ? We need more details to give you a solid answer.

1 answer i can give you now is that you dont want the weevo. It has its own issues that i wont delve into, But if you have any inclination to go racing, DO NOT get the revo. The MT class is pretty much Dead where ever you go and it would be a waste to spend 600$ on a truck you cant race with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.