Nitro 1/8 Buggy Choices

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro 1/8 Buggy Choices

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok. So my budget right now is a maximum of $550 to spend on just the kit alone. I checked out the rctech buggy pole and it seems that Mugen and Losi are really close. If I do choose the MBX-6, should I get the kit version or the M-Spec? The M-Spec is already pre-built with an "all around track setup" instead of a generic rtr setup, but how reliable is that setup? All I want is a buggy that's easy to maintain, within my budget, and easy to drive. I know I'm kind of picky, but I just want a buggy that will be great in the long run that's dependable.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BAZINGA
Ok. So my budget right now is a maximum of $550 to spend on just the kit alone. I checked out the rctech buggy pole and it seems that Mugen and Losi are really close. If I do choose the MBX-6, should I get the kit version or the M-Spec? The M-Spec is already pre-built with an "all around track setup" instead of a generic rtr setup, but how reliable is that setup? All I want is a buggy that's easy to maintain, within my budget, and easy to drive. I know I'm kind of picky, but I just want a buggy that will be great in the long run that's dependable.
the mspec is the way to go factory built, I went the mspec in a truggy but the buggy will be the same put in your engine and electrics and your ready to go and the mugen is easy to maintain and is a very well built piece of japanese hardware.
cheers
Old 03-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Does Mugen have good parts availability and good parts support?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If your looking at other buggies in that price range I would definitely be looking at the serpent. Dang near bulletproof and fastest buggy I have driven so far. Also now they have the new evo kit and comes in under 550.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Does Mugen have good parts availability and good parts support?
Parts support is OK, good quality buggy though.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

buy what you have parts/setup support for at your track......it's that simple.

the average clubguy's skill's will never outshine the capabilities of ANY of the afore-mentioned cars....just some food for thought...
Old 03-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I literally own all the cars mentioned in this thread and I get asked this question once week. My answer is always the same.

For someone getting into 1/8th scale I always recommend the Hot Bodies D8 Hara edition.

It is easy to drive and super competitive. (2008 world champ, 2010 world runner up)
It has a ton of high end parts (option parts on most all cars) 3pc engine mount, 5mm front shock tower, lightened suspension balls, lightened drivetrain, Aluminum steering spindles, aluminum rear hubs.........etc....etc....
Car is also the most inexpensive of all of them.
Parts are also inexpensive
Very popular car that has been around for a couple of years which means parts are easy to get.

There is no better deal in the 1/8 scale world. All the cars can perform at the same level, but the Hara D8 is just a steal for the money! Put the extra cash aside for a nicer motor, pipe, servos, or parts!!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok. So my budget right now is a maximum of $550 to spend on just the kit alone.
Amain has some good deals on the truggy and buggy right now..and with a cupond you will save even more.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tires-Stickers
Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Okay, so far, everyone is suggesting the MBX-6 and D8 Hara. I've seen them both, and now I'm really stuck between the two. They're both exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't really know what to choose! These two buggies are my final choices. Thank you all for the suggestions! Now, which one will it be?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Okay, so far, everyone is suggesting the MBX-6 and D8 Hara. I've seen them both, and now I'm really stuck between the two. They're both exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't really know what to choose! These two buggies are my final choices. Thank you all for the suggestions! Now, which one will it be?
Mbx6 all the way. Much better quality buggy.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
If your looking at other buggies in that price range I would definitely be looking at the serpent. Dang near bulletproof and fastest buggy I have driven so far. Also now they have the new evo kit and comes in under 550.

+10 on the Serpent 811, I have run the buggy a few times and is very responsive to changes..coming from a D8 which is a great ride but the quality and maintenance is bar-none!!! The 811 drives like a Cadillac!!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
+10 on the Serpent 811, I have run the buggy a few times and is very responsive to changes..coming from a D8 which is a great ride but the quality and maintenance is bar-none!!! The 811 drives like a Cadillac!!
Yeah hard to beat. I ran the mbx6, the losi 2.0, rc8b and drove the d8. No comparison so far. I also own the durango currently as well, its not up to par with the s811 yet either. Its a full second off pace.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
I literally own all the cars mentioned in this thread and I get asked this question once week. My answer is always the same.

For someone getting into 1/8th scale I always recommend the Hot Bodies D8 Hara edition.

It is easy to drive and super competitive. (2008 world champ, 2010 world runner up)
It has a ton of high end parts (option parts on most all cars) 3pc engine mount, 5mm front shock tower, lightened suspension balls, lightened drivetrain, Aluminum steering spindles, aluminum rear hubs.........etc....etc....
Car is also the most inexpensive of all of them.
Parts are also inexpensive
Very popular car that has been around for a couple of years which means parts are easy to get.

There is no better deal in the 1/8 scale world. All the cars can perform at the same level, but the Hara D8 is just a steal for the money! Put the extra cash aside for a nicer motor, pipe, servos, or parts!!
I dont run HB but have to agree, its the best bargain out right now. And have to agree, any of the current top buggies are capable of winning.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Is parts support/availability great on the Serpent?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Is parts support/availability great on the Serpent?
Yes. Between absolutehobby and amain they have all the parts you need.good thing is you really won't need anything. Buggy is built like a tank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.