Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"That Guy" MMF

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

I think Imma nice guy at the track. I help when needed whether its a part or watering the track. Hell I dont care if some one use my starter box or use my tools. I want EVERYONE to have a good time at the track. I just ask people to let me know. Nothing worse than getting ready to run and your box is dead or your tools are not where they suppose to be. I just respect my stuff.

Oh, I dont mind you using anything in my pit bag....... JUST PUT IT BACK.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For the most part, everyone I meet at the track likes to help others, some more than others. I love to help out the obvious noob that is running nitro for the first time and is wandering around with a "what the hell'd I get myself into??" look on his face.

The guys this thread is directed at (I think) are like the guy who claims he's sponsored yet looks like he lives in a van down by the river, has a cardboard box full of all his rc stuff just thrown in there-tools and parts and everything, has a starter box with about 2volts in the battery with zero alignment pegs, a glow ignitor good for only 3 starting attempts before it dies, and a car that probably saw it's last teardown when Nixon was in office. Dude, you are sponsored??!! Really??!! Me thinks not.

Same guy sold me a 21-4 that he claimed was just like my 21-4-which it was except for the fact that mine was a Team and his wasn't. But I was an unsuspecting noob so lesson learned.

Last edited by AZRC4Me; 03-04-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I think Imma nice guy at the track. I help when needed whether its a part or watering the track. Hell I dont care if some one use my starter box or use my tools. I want EVERYONE to have a good time at the track. I just ask people to let me know. Nothing worse than getting ready to run and your box is dead or your tools are not where they suppose to be. I just respect my stuff.

Oh, I dont mind you using anything in my pit bag....... JUST PUT IT BACK.
Im with you but what kills me is when its just expected and never returned. Then I end up with missing stuff and its not there when I need it. Hell I bought a bigger lipo because mine died one day starting everyones cars. I am the first guy that will give up even the parts that I think I am going to need to help you out. Just dont be an ass about it. I dont think I am asking too much, but who knows maybe I am.

Then theres the angry guy. I was at the nitro challenge in the JQ pit and a guy comes through asking for a p3 plug. I tell him I have one but my pit is a ways away. Does he really need a plug? He goes off the deep end and starts cussing at me and causing a sceen. Then he walks off and didnt even get a plug. I guess he really didnt need a plug. HAHAHAHA
Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
it's not this guy
sorry I had to post it to funny
Cary that was funny !! LOL !!!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L
Im with you but what kills me is when its just expected and never returned. Then I end up with missing stuff and its not there when I need it. Hell I bought a bigger lipo because mine died one day starting everyones cars. I am the first guy that will give up even the parts that I think I am going to need to help you out. Just dont be an ass about it. I dont think I am asking too much, but who knows maybe I am.

Then theres the angry guy. I was at the nitro challenge in the JQ pit and a guy comes through asking for a p3 plug. I tell him I have one but my pit is a ways away. Does he really need a plug? He goes off the deep end and starts cussing at me and causing a sceen. Then he walks off and didnt even get a plug. I guess he really didnt need a plug. HAHAHAHA
Frankie you sure he wasn't mad that he didn't get THE ice cream ? LOL !!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

yeah Frank.....then there are those kinds as well.....lmao
Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L
Wow this really happened? Man I'm glad things like that don't happen to me at races, or I would probably be banned from the tracks.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Austin still owes me 8 AA batteries.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc racer 103
Frankie you sure he wasn't mad that he didn't get THE ice cream ? LOL !!
I'd be mad too if I drove that car...LOL
Old 03-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like the guy that always magically dissapears when they call out for marshalls to volunteer. Then halfway through a race you look over and he's chillin' over in the pits smokin' your cigs... lol.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Austin still owes me 8 AA batteries.
Hahahahahaha and I bet all you got was a bunch of dishsoap.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Lol
Old 03-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
How bout that guy u let borrow your reedy engine n 2035, not get it bak for 2 months then finally ask if he can help me out after I break my foot n can't get a hand at the track when my car flips on the track cause he just got his car started haha, I love my friends but sometimes they need to get REAL!

Iv also learned to never leave my glow igniter on the drivers pit lane bench, u end up buying a new one the very next day cause yours got toasted, iv pretty much learned to just stay away from revelation all together after going last Tuesday, crappy track and the people there suck and use ur stuff n if u don't keep n eye out ur stuff gets stolen (M.I.A. Ninja nib ) can't wait to see how the people at arc r from now on, I'm ready to drive on a track that actually gets taken care of.
Yes that place gets a tad bit shady.....come on out to arc and hemet competition raceway or thunder alley....round 2 of the Grass Roots Racing Series is this Saturday at thunder alley...and its goona be off the hook!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Great thread

I guess "that guy" lives everywhere! I will ask for small stuff if I really need it but always try to pay it back. There is one guy at our track that seems to always have tons of stuff but never wants to work on his gear. He almost expects other people to wrench on his stuff for him. I can't under stand it cause I will not let anyone twist a wrench on my gear EVER!

Frank I feel your pain with the bump boxs, I got 2 this year with lipos so I will be keeping a close eye on them. I had a guy burn mine up last year well I was on the stand. No sorry, "I will pay for that" nothing.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Funny stuff!!!

I always give things away and help but when its time for the return when your in a bad spot he make it hard Had one guy he kept using my new tires pretty frequently " wanna try " did a inventory last week missing more then a few, guess it was borrow no return .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.