Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 7 RTR or Kyosho Inferno Neo RTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default HoBao Hyper 7 RTR or Kyosho Inferno Neo RTR

Ok so as the title says it, which one is a better buggy? I know that some of you say that the RTR's are bad and that they are a waste of money. But I can either buy one of thesee for around 300 euros or buy a kit for 800 euros, and as my first buggy I dont want to se that much money. What would be the reccomended pieces for changing in one of these buggies? So far I have prefered the Hyper because it's Ofna (I know its not a brand but the things they have are good), and because its cheaper than the kyosho. What are the suggestions? Dont say i will regret it, because I will probably regret a 800 euro buggy breaking than a 300 euro buggy breaking.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We see this question all the time. The short story is whatever the LHS has parts for AND what their running at the track is the way to go. Go to a track and look around and talk to people. Then you'll know.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

From my personnal experience, hobao RTR are usually more robust than kyosho.

You may want to buy a pair of CNC cut Steering Knuckle, because the one that are supplied are made out of cheap moulded aluminium.
In fact I have seen quit a few hyper 8.5 RTR with better radio and competition motor doing well in local race.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi my friend has a hyper 7 and I have to say it is a tank I mean he cant break it and has had it 2 years and works well. Of course he has replaced the radio and servos. took the pull start off and uses a starter box. I think It is a great place to start and the motor must have 10 gallons or more thru it and still runs great.I do not know anything about the kyosho.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Working Man
We see this question all the time. The short story is whatever the LHS has parts for AND what their running at the track is the way to go. Go to a track and look around and talk to people. Then you'll know.
It has parts for both . That's why I chose these two buggies. The HoBao isi cheaper than the Kyosho, so im looking forward to that one.