Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what nitro off road?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default what nitro off road?

i am new to nitro rc cars. can anyone tell me what would be the funnest nitro rc car to get?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

i was thinking about a savage xl k5.9.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Prophet

do you mean bashing wise or racing wise ?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Rookie

id like to do some racing. what would you reccomed for that?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by savageman42

for nitro i whould have to say truggy if your track has a turnout for them
Old 01-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

ohh. what would you think would be good for just tearing it up and showing it off to the friends in a yard or something?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not a savage.

There are a zillion threads on here just like this one. But, welcome to nitro racing. The best place to start is determine a budget for yourself. That will most likely dictate what you will end up getting. Then decide if a race roller or RTR is the way you want to go. Personally, all I do is race and I'd never even consider an RTR ever. But that's my opinion.

Don't listen to people who say "this is the brand to get, they're the best". The truth is, all the buggy platforms are very close in performance. All of the brands have some sort of flaw or issue in some peoples' eyes. There is no such thing as the fastest or best car/buggy/truggy. The driver, tires, and setup account for 99.99% of the success. Have a look on Amain and see what the popular kits are, pick a budget, and go from there! Good luck!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

ohh. what would you think would be good for just tearing it up and showing it off to the friends in a yard or something?
Pretty much anything...
Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Not a savage.

There are a zillion threads on here just like this one. But, welcome to nitro racing. The best place to start is determine a budget for yourself. That will most likely dictate what you will end up getting. Then decide if a race roller or RTR is the way you want to go. Personally, all I do is race and I'd never even consider an RTR ever. But that's my opinion.

Don't listen to people who say "this is the brand to get, they're the best". The truth is, all the buggy platforms are very close in performance. All of the brands have some sort of flaw or issue in some peoples' eyes. There is no such thing as the fastest or best car/buggy/truggy. The driver, tires, and setup account for 99.99% of the success. Have a look on Amain and see what the popular kits are, pick a budget, and go from there! Good luck!
VERY good advise here ! DO NOT get caught up in the "brand wars". Any major brand that has been around for a while makes a good product. Inferior manufacturers don't stay in business very long because of the competitive nature of this hobby. Any buggy or truggy from any of the major brands will serve you well. Do not change rides/brands often. Buy a ride...learn the ride.....get to know all it's in's & out's and you'll go alot farther in the long run.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the advice everyone.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazdgunman
VERY good advise here ! DO NOT get caught up in the "brand wars". Any major brand that has been around for a while makes a good product. Inferior manufacturers don't stay in business very long because of the competitive nature of this hobby. Any buggy or truggy from any of the major brands will serve you well. Do not change rides/brands often. Buy a ride...learn the ride.....get to know all it's in's & out's and you'll go alot farther in the long run.
+1

Pick what you like, and don't regret it. If your local hobbyshop supports it and other racers at the track have it, that's just yet another bonus.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tyler350
+1

Pick what you like, and don't regret it. If your local hobbyshop supports it and other racers at the track have it, that's just yet another bonus.
+1 great advice and have fun racing or bashing!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just buy a real brand car you like. No prefrences really just make sure it sell on like amainhobbies because buying a fake like achme, red cat, and even duratrax are cheaply made easy to brake and heard to buy parts for.I would say lookin to buy a fun lil beater buy a electric slash 4x4, nitro is a lil tense to just drive around. You have tunning aspects which isnt easy and it requires much more maitnence. To just drive i would say hpi savage, losi lst or aftershock series, losi 810 rtr, or somthing rtr that is a monster truck or a basher/driver.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

As long as its rc theres no way you cant have fun.But for me i love the sc class i think its a blast!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Personally if i could do it all again i would buy a nitro truggy, you bash them, you can race them, and their easy to drive. As far as kit, race roller, or RTR as stated above thats up to preference and budget. Im not trying to be a brand pusher but a losi 8ight-t 2.0 rtr would be a great way to start it comes with a starterbox, 2.4ghz radio (that can be used with many vehichles and is a descent to radio to start off with), and can easily be upgraded as you progress (engine, servo's, and if wanted u can upgrade the shock towers and chassi and you have a race roller). Thats just my opinion i hope this helps.