R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   just orderd my truck need radio help? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/477748-just-orderd-my-truck-need-radio-help.html)

ericspainter 02-01-2011 05:32 PM

just orderd my truck need radio help?

ok just orderd my 8t 2.0 from greg b,s guy he nows and my werks b5 with jp2 pipe ,hiteck servos .i need a radio .im torn between the dx3 and the airtronics mx-3x.not sure wat to get i like the airtronics b/c of price and the dx b/c off looks.give ne some help guys .i want to stay within a 250 budget on this.

losi_racer 02-01-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ericspainter (Post 8585042)
ok just orderd my 8t 2.0 from greg b,s guy he nows and my werks b5 with jp2 pipe ,hiteck servos .i need a radio .im torn between the dx3 and the airtronics mx-3x.not sure wat to get i like the airtronics b/c of price and the dx b/c off looks.give ne some help guys .i want to stay within a 250 budget on this.

i have a dx3r im selling if interested pm me

merdith6 02-01-2011 05:44 PM

My opinion....

I've been using Airtronics radios since 1990, I like the feel of the MX-3, it's a bit more solid radio, and is simple to learn to adjust it. the recievers are extrememly reliable, and it just feels familiar to me. I don't see the need for anything more expensive besides the small increments of the trim adjustments in the m11 for example. I sometimes have to adjust my steering tie rod from the servo because the trim adjustment makes my car go from left to right with one click, that's my only complaint about it...

ROSCOE 02-01-2011 05:47 PM

Dx3s is a very nice unit for the money. Highlights of it was the weight, size, price and the ease of use as far as the setup and selection go. Ran it for 2 years trouble free and now handed it down to my brother. I broke down to try a 4Pk.

ericspainter 02-01-2011 06:42 PM

ya its a tie between the two.wat is the diffrences in the dx3s dx3r .they seem same to me

losi_racer 02-01-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ericspainter (Post 8585522)
ya its a tie between the two.wat is the diffrences in the dx3s dx3r .they seem same to me

the dx3s is more of a sport(basher) radio. the dx3r is more for racing.similar features but the 3r is better built

ROSCOE 02-01-2011 07:06 PM

As stated it is more of a budget model. I wouldn't claim it to be a "basher" radio though as it more than capable to do what most anyone would need within a budget on the track or back yard. For your $250 or less you can easily pic up a new 3S with two recievers. My 2 cents.

losi_racer 02-01-2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ROSCOE (Post 8585693)
As stated it is more of a budget model. I wouldn't claim it to be a "basher" radio though as it more than capable to do what most anyone would need within a budget on the track or back yard. For your $250 or less you can easily pic up a new 3S with two recievers. My 2 cents.

From my area mostly bashers or budget racers use them. they are a cheaper radio, but yes they can be used just fine for any surface use.