Wiki Posts
Search

thunder tiger or hpi?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default thunder tiger or hpi?

just a quickie,
i am new to this and have a small starting budget.
The choice that stood out was between a thunder tiger, or hpi, they are about the same cost ($350.00).
Can I please get some opinions.
Cheers
Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

My advice to you would be to save more money and get something that you'll be happier with in the long term. Seen too many people come out wanting to race but just end up buying spares to fix their broken cheap cars although, I have to say, I don't know much about HPI accept to say no one I know uses one. Might be a reason or two for that. As for Thunder Tiger, you'll spend more buying spares than you would if you sent mugen or xray etc....

On the up side, cheaper car gets you to the track sooner.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 AM
odm
Tech Initiate

i never owned a hpi but i do have a few thunder tigers EB4 S2 and S3 and a st1 truggy for about two years now and never broke anything on the yet only this that would make me not push someone to buy is if you did break something you cant find parts and they are out dated if you are looking for something to race on a track