Wiki Posts
Search

were is caster

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
odm
Tech Initiate

Default were is caster

not trying to start anything but when i first got into nitro the first car i got was a caster zx1.5(no a mbx comp ) but first real race kit from a place called holeshot hobbies put the buggy together with a few helpful tips and on a track full of losi buggys did ok my first time out with it and at that time caster was doing good every were it was being raced what im tring to find out did all the newer platforms that came out kill caster or did it die in the US i know its still doing good over seas
Old 01-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

The Caster guys mainly go to the Caster forums.

http://casterracingusa.com/forum/ind...?section=about
Old 01-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

We are pushing the electric side of things for the most part.

Car is still competitive, but there are a lot of "new" cars out there. We will have something in the works for next year once a few "new" cars lose their luster.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah they are very active, I just ordered a zx1.5r pro. Hopefully it will be here by friday. Pretty stoked, seems to a be a kickass company. Interesting fact I found out was they were the first to develop the 1/8th scale electric platform.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hakmazter ygpm
Old 01-27-2011, 02:44 PM
odm
Tech Initiate

i dont want to seem like im bashing caster not at all i own three zx1.5,s just want to know whats going on with them it is a great car i just wanted to know if caster was moving away from nitro and would i have to buy a new platform
Old 01-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I believe Caster will still continue both the nitro & electric versions. Like you said. Caster came up with the dual pack electric that was very popular and which other manufacturers followed.
Its Nitro version was known to be very stable and very responsive. Mike still pops in here just to answer queries from guys who don't frequent Caster forum. So, no worries.
Good Luck.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Team Caster is ALIVE, breathing & moving FORWARD!

Working on a SCT & the NEW 2.0 buggies, electric & Nitro, the "big guns" have been extremely busy!

From seeing the SCT & prototypes of both, the RC world is in for a MAJOR SHOCK!

EVERYONE is welcome on our forums! You do NOT have to register to read, only to post or reply!!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, been focusing on the new 1/10 stuff making metal diff gears, getting ceramic balls in, making cvds, etc.... Fixing (rather modifying) everything that racers asked to be improved upon for our market. Now the car is truly awesome and we are hoping to get it into the public eye in the next few months as it will unquestionably be competitive with the B44.1 on the track while being more durable and having many options available.

Working on the first 4x4 sc truck also and it will be ready mid season. It will be based off the 1/10, not the 1/8.

All of the 1.5s will stay on as an entry level racer for a few years so there is no issue there. We will carry parts and keep selling the cars.

Still moving product and I think the recession is slowly coming to an end which will be good for us and hopefully everyone in the industry.

As for the 2.0. We might change the name or do something different. As of now, TD and Agama and JQ can have the limelight. 2012 will be our year.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=10831

I should email Po and remind him that his car cant compete against the other brands......lol.

Anyways, I was proud that we TQd and won Round 2 over in Asia. It is a huge deal over there.

Oh yeah, the other guy in the black Caster shirt took 4th.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by odm
not trying to start anything but when i first got into nitro the first car i got was a caster zx1.5(no a mbx comp ) but first real race kit from a place called holeshot hobbies put the buggy together with a few helpful tips and on a track full of losi buggys did ok my first time out with it and at that time caster was doing good every were it was being raced what im tring to find out did all the newer platforms that came out kill caster or did it die in the US i know its still doing good over seas

kidding,....there still here....
there REALLY GOOD cars.....!!!!
"Hak" is great for helping to get on top of Support and moving the kits forward in Design.......
i was using my ZX-1.5 Nitro for a while....and did VERY well with my EX1.5.......and the 1/10 scale 4wd....!!!!! i still use it.....
hopefully be able to use it this year (work permitting LOL) at the REEDY Race this year....
just tough right now...??? and with the "Mind Set" people sometimes follow the "pied-Piper"....???
but it is a good car......
i am Curious if a 2.0 is comming out.....
Hak awhile back had some pics out from a "New Version" that was on the table but i am sure he's got more info under his hat on that one....

Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Man, I want to switch to this brand so bad but I am nervous
I might just buy a K8T.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

What are you nervous about? We as Caster USA are a small company, but since Caster Asia is an OEM company, we are not going anywhere.

If we could get more support, we could grow, have even more inventory, etc... but as of now, we have enough stock to get by with no issues and we order everything by plane so we can get stuff in a week unlike everyone else.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm not nervous about the company; I nervous about leaving everything I know that works for me to try something different. I am just so use to setting up my losi and working with it and I do well with it. But I want something different. Almost everyone at my track drives a losi and I understand why, they are great trucks. Knowing that I have a great running buggy and truggy and switching to something that I know nothing about makes me a little nervous is all. I am not an RC hoarder; so, if I switch I am getting rid of all the losi stuff and buying all caster stuff.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm looking for a change in factories in 2012, and if caster is comming out with somthing even better than what they have now....GOODBYE XRAY...HELLO CASTER!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.