Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need to settle this truggy thing.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Havent been able to drive either, my lhs (hobbytown) supports ae and losi. I do like the fact that ae has a on road car that i can buy in the fall to race indoor, I'd perfer to stay with one brands line-up if i want mulitple kits. Plus the tc6 looks great. Sure is tough to crack this buy.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slimsh8t
Hot Bodies - End of story

really dude? when did he even mention hot bodies?

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
I have had my Losi truggy for over a year and never once had a diff click. Any serious racer should do maintenance regularly to any car no matter what brand it is. You cant hold the design at fault for people not doing proper maintenance, or following instructions when reassembling the car.

Though, the Losi truggy definitely does go through more bearings then the AE truggy. That without a doubt is a fact.
the losi diffs are fine as you said, people dont understand you have to shim it tight and alot of people shim it to where its a shim from tight. Ive ran losi for the past two years and i love it. the ae is a little more fragile but parts on the losi wear faster. But if your serious into racing your going to be replacing parts no matter what car you have. If you have two guys local to you who run losi and ae i would ask to try them out.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dragracechief
You can't go wrong either way, I have an AE and love it but I'm not going to tell you to get one. You need to decide yourself, dont rely on someone elses opinion. Too many people think brand X is great and brand Y is junk. Look closely at both and which one do you like best, I personally did not care about who ran what at the local track and local support but you may so look into that. Its your decision, don't let someone else make it for you.
You are right chief, who am i kidding. Either way i need to be happy with it.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

go with a buggy youll be a better driver in the long run
Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I drive the RC8T CE and I love it. Since I've never driven a Losi, I can't tell you what, if any, differences there are. What I can tell you is that this is the first truggy that I ever raced (first official race with anything) and it's been something that I've enjoyed growing with. It's been very forgiving as I've learned, and great handling as I've improved my skills.

I believe the factors that you have to look at the closest are, availability, driver support at your track, and your budget.

Good luck! Pick one and drive it like ya stole it!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Love my losi cars! There's not another brand out there that has the kind of support that losi does. Parts, setups, team support, whatever it may be, the losi cars are supported like no other. You can walk into any hobby shop and find Horizon products.

Now on to the actual truggy. It is tough as nails and handles like a dream. It turns hard, jumps awesome, goes through the bumps like nothing and does it all while staying in one piece. I will agree that it needs a couple things to be durable. Aluminum rear gearbox inserts and aluminum steering servo horn are pretty much must have. But when you think about it, that's like a total of $30 and well worth it. The losi truggy is hard to beat.

Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy. Just buy something that you can find support for, and what you want.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Really with either of the trudges you mentioned are able to win and will really come down to the driver. If you local hobby shop carries parts for both, what I would look at next is what the fast guys are running at your track. The reason is you should be able to get tips from these drivers that will help you at your track. And another thing to look at is just what you like the looks of best.

I own two truggy's at the moment, a Losi 8ight-T 2.0 and Mugen MBX6T. Both are able to win.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
what upgrades does the rc8t ce need i just heard better steering tie rods ?
i heard the opposite from others they say its a contenter out of the box .
When i had the rc8T, the CE was just coming out, so i had all of the upgrades to make it a CE except the towers. The only parts i thought were a requirement were the AL rear Hubs. I only broke 1 A arm in over a year of running it, a couple steering ends, and a couple hubs which is why i went AL. After that, its all about setup.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
When i had the rc8T, the CE was just coming out, so i had all of the upgrades to make it a CE except the towers. The only parts i thought were a requirement were the AL rear Hubs. I only broke 1 A arm in over a year of running it, a couple steering ends, and a couple hubs which is why i went AL. After that, its all about setup.

are, the rear plastic hubs on the "rc8t not flex enough" is that why they break easy or is it the way somebody hits a jump ?

im, just asking because i know 3 people at my track that has a "rc8t" and theres two other "rc8t champ ed" i never see them break the rear hubs or anything .

but, yea i did hear about the steering tie rods and ball ends being weak i do wonder why though but every truggy has there weakness though.

but at least i think there is stronger aftermarket steering tierods for the rc8t out there.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was in the same boat as you, wanted to try the losi but stayed associated. Very pleased with my decision, truck is rock solid, well built, handles great and is very easy to maintain.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either as both are very proven reputable trucks.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RockStar_199
Losi gets sloppy and diffs click and need maintenance regularly

other than that pick one and be happy

Ah Ignorance is Bliss.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Losi- issues per say. What are they and what options do I need to add if I went team losi. Kit or rtr also
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bre1979
Losi- issues per say. What are they and what options do I need to add if I went team losi. Kit or rtr also
Go with the race roller. You'll be much happier in the long run.

As for options that are needed out of the box:
  • Alum Gearbox Inserts
  • Alum Servo Horn
  • Alum Servo Saver Top
Old 01-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
are, the rear plastic hubs on the "rc8t not flex enough" is that why they break easy or is it the way somebody hits a jump ?

im, just asking because i know 3 people at my track that has a "rc8t" and theres two other "rc8t champ ed" i never see them break the rear hubs or anything .

but, yea i did hear about the steering tie rods and ball ends being weak i do wonder why though but every truggy has there weakness though.

but at least i think there is stronger aftermarket steering tierods for the rc8t out there.
I've never broken a stock RC8T rear hub but have seen them break, I run alum. for the extra camber link hole and I am still using the original stock steering and camber link ends with no issues, though I have seen a couple break on others trucks so I guess some break some don't same as any other brand.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with what my fellow racers said. I would see what truggy you get the most support for at your lhs and track. I own a rc8t but updated every thing to a ce never had any real breakage issues even though a few guys said before i got it you will be breaking rear hub,s only broke one once on a real hard landing off a big jump at one of the tracks I race at I think their both capable truggy,s just comes down to driving style in imo i think you will be happy with either one Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.