Search

Alternative To Kal-Gard Degreaser?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jared52
Kendall, the oven? Really?
do it all the time. u cant put it on 400 like u are cookin cornbread. mine has a warm settin on it. hey my truggy is a season and a half old with no probs. lol i know it sounds stupid but it wporks for me
Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For cleaning plastics. really give it a good shine.
Muc off
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

As far as I am concerned, there is no alternative to Kal-Gard.

Once you have had the best.....
Old 01-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4

Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just a thought,

If you got some others to go in with you, you could always place an order with Kal Gard directly. May not be the best option, but would be an option.

At home I use a few different things to get the job done. It really depends on how dirty the truck is and how clean I want it. If it's just dusty from the track, 30/30 and Prep and Shine usually does the trick for a quick clean up. Say if I went out and did some practice and then raced in the next day or two. If it's really dirty or I plan on a full tear down, I'll go with my air wand that I got at Home Depot that has a pickup hose for cleaners. Some simple green and the job is usually done. A blow off and then some Prep and Shine and it's usually good to go. Sometimes I'll use the Degreeser to hit some of the tough spots before the simple green to help loosen the dirt/grime. For the most part I keep the degreeser for the track when I don't have my air compressor. Seems to work out well enough for me.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4

Agreed and If was available to pick up a local store than I would take that option.

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Just a thought,

If you got some others to go in with you, you could always place an order with Kal Gard directly. May not be the best option, but would be an option.
That never seems to work. Just trying to get somebody to go in with you is tough. Same thing when it comes to buying fuel.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Dish, Can you PM me your local shops info?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Dish,

Agreed on the fuel thing and in general. Like I said it is an option, just may be not the best one. Did you have a shop that carried it and now doesn't? You could try to get a LHS to carry the products, or may be Team Terribles can hook up with those guys and get something going. Just some ideas.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Dish,

Agreed on the fuel thing and in general. Like I said it is an option, just may be not the best one. Did you have a shop that carried it and now doesn't? You could try to get a LHS to carry the products, or may be Team Terribles can hook up with those guys and get something going. Just some ideas.
Yeh team terribles used to stock it. I dont want to speak out of turn or give the wrong info publicly. I heard that you now have to have a pretty big order with minimums. Due to the increased minimums the cost to stock due to volume needed to order just does not work well.

I dont know and the above statement may be completely wrong so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Dish,

Team Terribles did have an account with them but the guy they went thru stopped carrying kalgard and now is a distributor of serpent
Old 01-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys that is a bummer. Hope you guys can get something worked out to have access to it again.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Yeh team terribles used to stock it. I dont want to speak out of turn or give the wrong info publicly. I heard that you now have to have a pretty big order with minimums. Due to the increased minimums the cost to stock due to volume needed to order just does not work well.

I dont know and the above statement may be completely wrong so take it with a grain of salt.
That is the reason why I don't stock Kalgard, too high of a minimum for me.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Dish,

I guess I'm not doing well with ideas. Maybe you could hit up the Kal Gard thread and see if anyone from Kal Gard will be going to the Nitro Challange and then see if they could bring you some. Might save on shipping. If nothing else it's worth a try. Maybe even trying to get a local MX shop to pick them up could work. They might have an easier time meeting the min order requirements.

I didn't know the min order requirements had changed, though I don't usually order that much. I know there was a change in the shipping for the aerosols in Ca. and that made the shipping got up some.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
That is the reason why I don't stock Kalgard, too high of a minimum for me.
Because its not a name in rc industry. If people seen how good it works it will be more poular than simple green. I never see Kal Gard other than a can or two at big races. I only seen one can at the Airtronics race at revelation, quite surprised.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Yeh I walked into two different mx shops today that stocked a good amount of fluids etc.

I asked if they stocked Kal-Gard stuff and both shops were like. "I never have heard of them"

It is a shame that such a good product is unable to make to the shelves. I agree with the above statements. If people would just try it they would see how well it works and how much faster your clean up time takes. It actually prolongs the life of some parts as well.

Well I guess I will look for alternative ways to get the stuff at pocket times. The shipping cost for a case is pretty high. It was cheaper to pay tax at a local hobby shop than to order online.

Maybe one day it will make it to a well know nationwide retailer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.