Where are different cars made? >

Where are different cars made?

Where are different cars made?

Old 01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
John Smith started the day early,
having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 am.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking,
he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG),
and put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA),
designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and
tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new
electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA),
he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO),
to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN)
to the radio (MADE IN INDIA),
he got in his car (MADE IN JAPAN),
filled it with GAS (from SAUDIA ARABIA)
to continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day
checking his Computer (made in MALAYSIA),
John decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL),
poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE)
and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA),

and then wondered why he can't find
a good paying job in AMERICA.
You are bang on Bro!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Thats because he didn't think about selling those products to other Americans or better yet, get into a business that isn't necessarily a hard good. I know plenty of doctors, lawyers, insurance agents, mechanics, waitresses, installers, computer guys, actors, athletes, farmers, etc... who make a good to great living.

It is obvious we need to manufacture things, but we sell things to people outside of the US also such as movies, programs, policies, food, etc.... so technically that isn't relevant.

Personally I have no idea how someone can say it is fine to buy things from Italy or Japan, but not China? If it serves the purpose and the quality is there, who cares?

Ultimately, we need to create things that China wants but cannot duplicate if we want the tide to come back our way.

I just saw that we are selling more GM cars in China than in the US right now. That is a good thing.
If I had a problem with buying things that arent made in america I wouldnt buy an XRAY either
My problems starts when companies move to countries where they can pay workers low wages with no health and safety regulations and inhuman workingconditions in order to make a few extra bucks.
Now Im fully aware that not all chinese companies goes by those standards, and I would presume few if any of the RC brands.
Unfortunately, the chinese goverments way of handling this, and the culture of copying and selling cheaper they is just appauling. While at the same time theyre killing of western industries by doing it. No Id rather boycot their products as much as I can, id atleast feel better with myself.
Ofcourse it will be impossible to completely avoid chinese products but one can atleast be aware and try to avoid it as much as possible.

PS. Theres a reason why its cheaper in china.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

not all of xray parts are all made in euro
Old 01-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 to that.

this is a toy car forum?... right?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Man for the price of the DNX408 i thought it was built in the mountains of japan by ninjas
Old 01-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganymede
+1 to what you said!

Actually, I am trying to say to him was when Obama take over, the national debt is (for argument sake) $1,233,233.02 which is $1,233,223.02 (from Bush) + $10 (new debt).

Somehow he thought Obama generated all the debts overnight when he took over Office and forgot that he (his administration) is actually carrying Bush's debt on his back as with every Presidents when they take over from their predecessors.

Debt does not reset back to ZERO when a new President steps in. So, when he said Obama is the cause of huge debt to the Americans, that is flawed! Actually every Presidents before him have their hands in building up the great American debt, putting the blame on Obama (or on any President) is wrong.

Hope I have cleared myself here.

Thanks.
Wrong! Most of the things you have said I have agreed with. But how the debt was spent, you have ZERO clue. Way off. That and what you think the problem has been.

Sorry your talking to a guy that looks at a bigger picture of the story, the true underlining meanings. Not just some subplot (real estate and the corporate buy outs!) of the main story. Us americans and the use of this over grown government.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
you have to be joking right about us americans right about working its called having a life insend of working 24/7.
you must be brainwashed from obama hes the one who is pushing dam communist and his crook people.
Hey Bro, I'm as conservative as they come! Just like Maxflo said below. Is more on the line of what I was saying.

You are either pulling the Wagon, or sitting in the Wagon. We have more americans trying to get their lazy asses in the Wagon for a free ride!

Originally Posted by maxflo777
Ganymede, about the things you said! ...wellfair, health care, and the rest of the zillions of dollars that are collected in taxes - presicely this is what I'm talking about, that is the government squeezing the private sector on its throat, government has no business in health care, sorry, but no business, wellfair, to me that simply stealing - you talking lazy? the rest of the entittlements, I mean, there's not enough space to write them in here,
sub prime mortgage crisis, Lehman Brothers, Fannie Mae, AIG its all part of the same, those were "private" entities that had all the liberties the rest of the real privatesector didnt had.

And I dont have a gas guzzler, I dont want to pay for the gas, but what if I wanted one? the government or the neighbore or china or Oprah or anyone has absolutely nothing to do with that! I mean what rc car you have? what engine? what radio? now if I have an mp9 with a 4pk and an os speed ($$$) im literally wrong? man, I buy whatever the hell I want to buy and when ever, its not that they owner of the gas guzzler is not paying for the gas and the truck, he is paying for the gas and the truck with his work, if the guy wants to give himself the luxury to drive an 18 wheeler to work well thats his deal not mine.

In addition, the term "greedy americans" I also have to take it with a grain of salt they really are not that many, how many CEOs can a company have? how many billionares can the whole country have? 20? 40? that's pocket change when you compare it to the amount of money that the whole contry's government handles, and by handles I mean steals and wastes.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Probably a typical day of an unskilled labourer who is praying their archaic unions will bail them out. There are plenty of good paying jobs out there still. Things change, those who don't/can't/unwilling to change will fall by the wayside. The days of $40/hr for line work are looooong gone. Maybe John Smith should go finish an education or gain skills that are useful in today's world, then the good paying jobs will come to him.

Funny you put this up Rui....You have found a way to make a good living on your own no?

I don't know how I get sucked into these debates on a toy car forum....gonna go racing instead!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Probably a typical day of an unskilled labourer who is praying their archaic unions will bail them out. There are plenty of good paying jobs out there still. Things change, those who don't/can't/unwilling to change will fall by the wayside. The days of $40/hr for line work are looooong gone.

Funny you put this up Rui....You have found a way to make a good living on your own no?
You started good, then what? Most of my friends and I are making close to that. Maybe not 40/hr, but 30/hr. Which is some good cash to buy all these Asian made products. LOL

Back to the OP'er, to be anti-anything that takes more money out of your pocket. Is, Well, forgive me for my lack of vocabulary, retarded! Because, what do you think your doing? Saving or creating Jobs for Americans? Americans that would be happier with their government cheese and just hang out with the friends at the local bar?

My .02
Old 01-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My problems starts when companies move to countries where they can pay workers low wages with no health and safety regulations and inhuman workingconditions in order to make a few extra bucks.
Typical. The treating of effect vs. cause....my...haven't we been keeping up!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Most of my friends and I are making close to that.
For line work??? Let me shoot you a resume...
Old 01-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Probably a typical day of an unskilled labourer who is praying their archaic unions will bail them out. There are plenty of good paying jobs out there still. Things change, those who don't/can't/unwilling to change will fall by the wayside. The days of $40/hr for line work are looooong gone. Maybe John Smith should go finish an education or gain skills that are useful in today's world, then the good paying jobs will come to him.

I don't know how I get sucked into these debates on a toy car forum....gonna go racing instead!
Yes, but with a lot of hard work and I am a hard believer in fair wages, but like you said education and will is the key. (but I still think most made in China products are not up to what I would call fair wage), and yes $40.00/h plus all the benefits for line work......give me a break.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:34 PM
D8
Tech Master

a lot of guys would say that rc products from China are crap/garbage/pos and whatever else... but how many of you run Airtronics radios, Spektrum etc?.. the reason i wonder is because those products are also made in China
Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes, but with a lot of hard work and I am a hard believer in fair wages, but like you said education and will is the key. (but I still think most made in China products are not up to what I would call fair wage), and yes $40.00/h plus all the benefits for line work......give me a break.
Which is probably why GM had to get bailed out, paying people 30 bucks an hour on an assembly line to put tires on. That is crazy especially when you got an impact gun to make it easy.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Panther products

Guys,

It may have already been mentioned but Panther Tires and all of their products are made in the USA. This is from beginning to end. All molds are drawn, burned and tires produced right in sunny So Cal! I know because I have molded my own tires lol ;-).

Oh and their apparel is also screen printed I the same factory!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by janderson78
Guys,

It may have already been mentioned but Panther Tires and all of their products are made in the USA. This is from beginning to end. All molds are drawn, burned and tires produced right in sunny So Cal! I know because I have molded my own tires lol ;-).

Oh and their apparel is also screen printed I the same factory!
Nice to know.
Thank you, I will buy some of there tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.