Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Air filter foam coming apart? >

Air filter foam coming apart?

Air filter foam coming apart?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Air filter foam coming apart?

I just noticed that my air filter form somehow has a huge hole in it... not sure why or how this happened... but it did. All the shaving is all around the air filter. At first I thought it was a mouse... but there was no mouse droppings if they did pay a visit to my truck. I checked all around the truck... and nothing else was bitten if it was a mouse. The fuel line has no holes all the other wiring has no holes. I do remember putting air filter oil few months back... before I left the truck to rest for winter. Can it be the air filter oil just breaking down the foam?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by makaveli2011
I just noticed that my air filter form somehow has a huge hole in it... not sure why or how this happened... but it did. All the shaving is all around the air filter. At first I thought it was a mouse... but there was no mouse droppings if they did pay a visit to my truck. I checked all around the truck... and nothing else was bitten if it was a mouse. The fuel line has no holes all the other wiring has no holes. I do remember putting air filter oil few months back... before I left the truck to rest for winter. Can it be the air filter oil just breaking down the foam?
It could be AFO breaking it down, But I Pre-Oil my filters and leave them in a Zip-Lock and they are fine.

-Shane
Old 01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by shanem121
It could be AFO breaking it down, But I Pre-Oil my filters and leave them in a Zip-Lock and they are fine.

-Shane
Oh yeah? Maybe because I left it out in the environment and the air got to it? I'm so confused. I'm waiting for a motor saver air filter and I guess each run I do with my truck I'll just wash the air filter and reapple the oil to it when I'm ready to take it out. Thank god there is snow on the ground so I don't have a lot of cleaning to do lol.

One other question... this is off topic but how often should I fill up oiled shocked on my revo 3.3 5309.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Any chance you could take a picture of the foam? It is kinda hard to diagnose without actually seeing it...

As far a re-filling the shocks on your Revo... If your shocks are running out of oil then it may be time for a rebuild. I believe that the rebuild kits are fairly cheap and its pretty easy to do. If you need help just lookup shock rebuilding on YouTube...
Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ghost68
Any chance you could take a picture of the foam? It is kinda hard to diagnose without actually seeing it...

As far a re-filling the shocks on your Revo... If your shocks are running out of oil then it may be time for a rebuild. I believe that the rebuild kits are fairly cheap and its pretty easy to do. If you need help just lookup shock rebuilding on YouTube...
Well I am not sure if the oil is running out... but I was wondering if there was a certain time to remove the oil that is in the shocks already and replace it?