Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what types of track makes you faster

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nv529
If you really want to learn how to get fast I'd suggest taking a season off 8th scale, and run strictly mod 2wd electric buggy and Electric Touring Car or 12th scale Pan Car.
Mod 2wd electric buggy will teach you...
Throttle control.. Be Smoooth!!!!
Proper tire selection and how to "read dirt".. Nothing is more tire sensitive than Mod 2wd buggy (plus tires are extremely cheap for them)
Proper motor selection... Slowww is fast
How to approach and execute jumps/landings and rhythm sections. You'll be amazing how much your lap times are effected by the you hit every single jump on the track.

Electric Touring Car or 12th scale Pan Car will teach you.....
How to read a track's race line
when to accelerate/ brake, and how much speed is needed throughout the race line.
Proper suspension set up.
How to focus all of your attention to the car. Things happen much faster in on-road and reaction time really need to be honed in.

Once you've returned to 8th scale off road it will seem extremely easy to drive.

99% of the "fast guys" at one time or another were racing a different class or scale which give's valuable experience/data that practicing only with your 8th scale will never give you not how many different types of tracks you've gone to.
YA MAN..!!! I have 2wd elec losi xxx i drive on my track in my back yard so i practice with that truck at home but i race 1/8 nitro series so i have to agree with you on that plus its fun runin the elec. o ya i also run my wifes 4x4 slsh at home to
Old 01-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

1/12 scale will teach you the most. It's the only carpet class I would run. Set-up is important. Use to race 1/10 offroad a lot at one time.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Look at Atsushi Hara...used to be strictly on road n the guys won the worlds once n almost repeated as champion. Jus throwin my 2 cents in.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
If you really want to learn how to get fast I'd suggest taking a season off 8th scale, and run strictly mod 2wd electric buggy and Electric Touring Car or 12th scale Pan Car.
Mod 2wd electric buggy will teach you...
Throttle control.. Be Smoooth!!!!
Proper tire selection and how to "read dirt".. Nothing is more tire sensitive than Mod 2wd buggy (plus tires are extremely cheap for them)
Proper motor selection... Slowww is fast
How to approach and execute jumps/landings and rhythm sections. You'll be amazing how much your lap times are effected by the you hit every single jump on the track.

Electric Touring Car or 12th scale Pan Car will teach you.....
How to read a track's race line
when to accelerate/ brake, and how much speed is needed throughout the race line.
Proper suspension set up.
How to focus all of your attention to the car. Things happen much faster in on-road and reaction time needs to be honed in.

Once you've returned to 8th scale it will seem extremely easy to drive.

99% of the "fast guys" at one time or another were racing a different class or scale which give's valuable experience/data that practicing only with your 8th scale will never give you no matter how many different types of tracks you've gone to.

+1 I took the fall and this winter season to race 1/10truck and 1/10 2wd buggy. Throttle control, proper breaking yes you hit this spot on this one
Old 01-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Good to see I'm not the only one that thinks this way... A lot of times I hear from some people that they won't race electric for this reason or won't race nitro for that reason. I've been lucky enough to be able to run just about every rc car class except nitro touring car and 8th scale on road at one time throughout the last 16 years. Even though I'm just a average joe club racer every different car I've had the chance to pick up on has helped my 8th scale racing in some way.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

you know i have read thought this and saw a post or two about eletric 2 wheel mod buggy and truck will make you a better nitro driver it wont.

if you want race nitro do just learn to smooth out doing it taken me almost a full year to get close to being as fast as i was be4.

the only eletric car i pick up is a 4 wheel mod and 4 wheel corr truck because there as close to the feeling of a gas car your going to get.

so at the end the day learn to be smooth with your scale run clean lines and pratice pratice pratice.

also having a all time fav tire dose not hurt you
Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Prophet

well, i started out racing 2wd mod truck and yes it does teach you throttle control but.. than again racing a nitro 1/8 is a diffrent feel to it can you be smooth somewhat yea but driving a 4wd 1/8 is way diffrent jumping and turning everything.

il, be honest driving a stock sc truck with a lipo battery seems to make me a better driver sience there not the easyiest to drive and slide a lot with the rear.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well, i started out racing 2wd mod truck and yes it does teach you throttle control but.. than again racing a nitro 1/8 is a diffrent feel to it can you be smooth somewhat yea but driving a 4wd 1/8 is way diffrent jumping and turning everything.

il, be honest driving a stock sc truck with a lipo battery seems to make me a better driver sience there not the easyiest to drive and slide a lot with the rear.
hands down the best thing i bought was a sc10 with a mod motor and big lipo battire if i can get that thing around the track fast

you can get anything around a track fast it hands down the hard class to run imo but make you a better driver more then any other class
Old 01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by porkchop
hands down the best thing i bought was a sc10 with a mod motor and big lipo battire if i can get that thing around the track fast

you can get anything around a track fast it hands down the hard class to run imo but make you a better driver more then any other class

i, have a slash that i drive in a "stock class outdoor" and im running it on a rough blown out track even softer tires which my track allows and of course i jumped on that and everybody else when you get in the lose dirt and hit the bumps oh yea it can be hard to drive even with softer tires .

il, tell you want i drove in a "sportsman truggy class" and there was guys that raced with me in the "stock sc class" and i think it made everyone in that class better ! and i know they never driven a 2wd truck.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
you know i have read thought this and saw a post or two about eletric 2 wheel mod buggy and truck will make you a better nitro driver it wont.

if you want race nitro do just learn to smooth out doing it taken me almost a full year to get close to being as fast as i was be4.

the only eletric car i pick up is a 4 wheel mod and 4 wheel corr truck because there as close to the feeling of a gas car your going to get.

so at the end the day learn to be smooth with your scale run clean lines and pratice pratice pratice.

also having a all time fav tire dose not hurt you
+1000 Practice, Practice and more practice!

If you drive a different class, drive a class that is similar to what u already are running and want to get better at!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What helps me improve is racing as many different tracks as possible. Be prepared for any conditions, any surface, and jump, and any turn. If you master it all and learn new things from each track, I believe this makes me a better driver.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Amen Brothea!!!! HIGH FIVE TO THAT !!! I think the same way runin diffrent tracks , layouts , dirt , set ups, teaches you more to be a better driver (smoother ) on the finger as well plus the same track gets old i built a track in back yard and i built it to wear i can run the track one direction and then turn around and run it back word and still abel to do jumps backwords then i get to practice turn left and right, great reply"s fellow racers
Old 01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I LOVE a blue Groove track but we don't see that much in Arkansas. One of the best track i have raced on was at the AMS race it was a GREAT track fast and smooth in spots and Hard in others.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jammin32j
When I used to race every weekend at my local track I either won every race or finished 2nd. After about a year of this I started racing to pro races and the state series races and was ok (bottom of the A or top of the B). The more I traveled to different tracks with different surfaces the faster I became. I think by mixing it up as far as track and track surface and also wheel time is the best way to get better at racing and setup.
To bad your the slowest davis
Old 01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

got another quistion for all you fast and pro drivers , ive been racen nitro 1/8 buggy/truggy and ive been told i should start lookn into getn some sponsors cause ive been finishn all my races i enter n in . ive got some pretty good results i can show with lots of top five finishes and ive only been racen rc for 1 year now , so how do i go about get some sponsers?? it helps have a full blown supercross track rc style in my back yard also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.