Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now... >

Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now...

Robert Batlle!?

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=9549

In late December we posted an article about Robert Batlle testing a Durango car, this was before TD (Team Durango) began their quest to fill up our headlines with driver signings, we wrote "...bagging Batlle would be quite the coup for the plucky new team who seem to be quietly hoovering up drivers in time for 2011".
The likes of Savoya, Boots, McBride, Doughty have all been confirmed since with the possible addition of Neumann as well; adding to the existing team of Lutz, Hupo and Brunsden - making up a mouth watering international lineup.

On this subject in an exclusive interview with team principle Jason Dearden we asked him if TD were in talks with Batlle at the moment, "Yes we are. He is fast with the car and we made him a final offer today. We hope he will be the final piece of the European team, but I understand the bigger teams are offering most money, so we see. We would love to have him, fingers are crossed."
Wow!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

McBride has been on Durango since the worlds he was wearing Durango t shirts at worlds, they just wanted hype out of him by holding off on sighning contracts. Durango is picking up alot of drivers and alot of very knowin/liked drivers. Wouldn't be suprised to see Durango finish top in alot of races world-wide now. They have alot of drivers like Elliot,Sevoya, Kyle, Ryan, Doughty, Hupo, Brundson, Robert. Im sure there not done either alot of drivers are leaving companies to go to others and some contracts aren't sighned with other drivers.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

Those photoshoped shirts
Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

yes TD has signed some big names but if they are going to get thier product out and popular if it is good product they are going to have to sponsor some of the expert class guys around so that they can get these cars seen at the club and local series races
Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
McBride has been on Durango since the worlds he was wearing Durango t shirts at worlds, they just wanted hype out of him by holding off on sighning contracts. Durango is picking up alot of drivers and alot of very knowin/liked drivers. Wouldn't be suprised to see Durango finish top in alot of races world-wide now. They have alot of drivers like Elliot,Sevoya, Kyle, Ryan, Doughty, Hupo, Brundson, Robert. Im sure there not done either alot of drivers are leaving companies to go to others and some contracts aren't sighned with other drivers.
Just wanted to point out that your first comment was false. The McBrides would never wear another companies shirt at an event like the Worlds when they were still sponsored by Mugen. The picture of the father/son wearing the Durango shirts was taken in front of a track in Australia. In fact I went to Australia the first week of December and they still were weighing their options at that time. Just wanted to clear that up! :-)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Just wanted to point out that your first comment was false. The McBrides would never wear another companies shirt at an event like the Worlds when they were still sponsored by Mugen. The picture of the father/son wearing the Durango shirts was taken in front of a track in Australia. In fact I went to Australia the first week of December and they still were weighing their options at that time. Just wanted to clear that up! :-)
i think he was referring to a nice photoshop job that Neobuggy did with him at the worlds...
Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

DRCRacer299 where do u race u ever go to rescue i c ur located eldo hills
Old 01-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by newuserlosi8t
Lol, you must not know who that is.. He races internationally.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok sorry neobuggy had pics of it. Apparently photoshoped but what a guess neobuggy then right? Who cares the pic was posted and it was true!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 PM

I thought the growing opinion was mcbride was NOT sponsored by mugen he was freelance...

could be wrong but thats what was going around and mugen didnt offer him a deal either after his epic finish.. i say good luck to him defo one for the future.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Hehehehehe I guess he dont know who DRC is!!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

he is one of the 3 Ryans
Old 01-06-2011, 02:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Thats funny ish right there Thats Travis Pastrana doofus.....ummm errrrr Ryan Lutz i mean
Old 01-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)

thats funny i seen him in the racing lines mag under the team mugen banner
Old 01-06-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Megacrash
I thought the growing opinion was mcbride was NOT sponsored by mugen he was freelance...

could be wrong but thats what was going around and mugen didnt offer him a deal either after his epic finish.. i say good luck to him defo one for the future.
Well your wrong.

And the growing opinion is wrong...

He was a Factory mugen backed driver for the whole of 2010.

He was factory backed at the worlds by mugen, and wore mugen shirts.

Mugen did offer him a new deal after his "epic finish" but Durango had a better one and secured his services.

Make no mistake, that was no fluke result. He is better than a vast majority of the US top drivers, if he starts racing over in the US which could be what's happening then everyone better watch out!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.