Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Challenge 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Amazing photos fourseventeen! That 5d mark II is an incredible camera and your shots are top notch. Thanks for posting these.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

cool,crisp pics!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I appreciate it.

Mad... yes, www.elitephotophx.com. My site is small and basic. Since most of my work is not generated my my site I have not invested much time or money into it.
Canon vs Nikon, I like both but personally shoot Canon. Nikon seems to make faster cameras that are great for shooting sporting events but I do like Canons offerings a little better myself. The 5D mark II is an AMAZING body for shooting what I shoot most....models, but its not super fast for shooting RC. If funds permitted I would also buy the cheaper 7D to shoot RC. I typically shoot RAW like yourself and then run them through CS. For the shots I did at NC I shot JPG just to make it easier on myself for post production since most of these photos are needing to be burned to disc the same day I took them and handed over to some of the racers tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fourseventeen
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I appreciate it.

Mad... yes, www.elitephotophx.com. My site is small and basic. Since most of my work is not generated my my site I have not invested much time or money into it.
Canon vs Nikon, I like both but personally shoot Canon. Nikon seems to make faster cameras that are great for shooting sporting events but I do like Canons offerings a little better myself. The 5D mark II is an AMAZING body for shooting what I shoot most....models, but its not super fast for shooting RC. If funds permitted I would also buy the cheaper 7D to shoot RC. I typically shoot RAW like yourself and then run them through CS. For the shots I did at NC I shot JPG just to make it easier on myself for post production since most of these photos are needing to be burned to disc the same day I took them and handed over to some of the racers tomorrow.
Yeah, I can relate. There is a place for shooting JPG for sure.

My wife and I checked out your web site. Very good work!

Thanks for the info, it's always nice to meet a fellow photographer.

If you're in the mood, at the races tomorrow look for a guy... Will Mandujano. Give him a hello for me from Gregg & Melanie in Grande Prairie. He's a Nikon shooter from Canada. Also does some very nice work in R/C photography. If you get a chance to check out his work, he is quite creative in his angles and perspectives. Very interesting work to look at. He chases the RC Pro series up here in Alberta Canada with his R/C and his camera. I'd be very surprised if you didn't find him with his camera on hand! LOL!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is Will racing or shooting the event? If he is racing do you know what he is racing...buggy, truggy, SC? what his body (s) look like?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Is Will racing or shooting the event? If he is racing do you know what he is racing...buggy, truggy, SC? what his body (s) look like?
He's running open buggy, open truck, and SC 4WD Open. Even with all those classes, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have his camera somewhere close by! LOL! I'm not sure which colour scheme he's running right now, I haven't seen him since last summer at the RC Pro races up here, but he'll be somewhere down in the lower mains in open buggy tomorrow so he'll be running fairly early in the day.

I know pretty much every Canadian down there racing this weekend, but I thought you and Will might hit it off because he's a fellow photographer. If you run into a bunch of crazy Canuks from Northern Alberta, tell them all to quit being a bunch of hosers and win some races, eh! LOL!

Last edited by MadHacker; 02-26-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

cool ill keep my eye open for him.

And it is now officially raining here in Nitro Challenge territory. Lets see if this passes quickly so that buggy finals will start on time.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

cool ill keep my eye open for him.

And it is now officially raining here in Nitro Challenge territory. Lets see if this passes quickly so that buggy finals will start on time.
Ooh, not good news.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone know where we can see a video of the final laps with Tebo and Maifield. I missed it. Was at the mall. Errrrrrrrrrr
Old 02-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Fourseventeen. Nice work Man!!!!!!!

Anyway possible to get some shots of the entire track on one photo that will fit on the computer desktop.

That would be awesome if you could get a high rez photo of the entire track.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Dish. I dont have any photos of the entire track but I think one of the media companies posted a nice looking one in this topic somewhere I think. I dont have a fisheye lens or super super wide angled lens for doing shots like that.

As far as that vid, im sure LiveRC or someone will post it on you tube soon.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Dish. I dont have any photos of the entire track but I think one of the media companies posted a nice looking one in this topic somewhere I think. I dont have a fisheye lens or super super wide angled lens for doing shots like that.

Cool man thanks!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The truck main was definitely some of the most impressive driving I have seen in a while, if ever. Two full wood, over the top passes by mayfield on the back right corner. And another time he was upside down off of that jump and saved it and still cleared the next double like nothing happened. Hats off to Tebo too as I thought the race was over when Ryan jumped him on the last lap. Alot of people would have weekened there with the crowd going wild and such a dominating pass. He just came right back and did the same thing to Ryan on the triple. These guys are amazing.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by camocowboy
The truck main was definitely some of the most impressive driving I have seen in a while, if ever. Two full wood, over the top passes by mayfield on the back right corner. And another time he was upside down off of that jump and saved it and still cleared the next double like nothing happened. Hats off to Tebo too as I thought the race was over when Ryan jumped him on the last lap. Alot of people would have weekened there with the crowd going wild and such a dominating pass. He just came right back and did the same thing to Ryan on the triple. These guys are amazing.
Dang bro. I wish we would have drove up to see it. It sounds like it was one of the greatest finishes ever.

By the way, how are those metal hubs working out on the jq car.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, look around a bit, I did run across some really good panoramic photos of the track. If I run across them again, I'll post the link here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.