info needed

Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? info needed

hi i am new to the sport so i dont know much about these. where i race they run the jato 3.3 or 2.5 nitro buggies. i am looking to put a dirt late model body on it does any one know if they make a specific boidy for these or do most 1/8 bodys work b ecause of the short wheel base. also i have been looking at all the late model body sites and noticed that most cars are4 not what we run.is there better cars out there that i should be looking at other than the jato. only rule we have is that it must be two wheel drive and nitro powered. any info would greatly appreicated. thank you Randy
Old 01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 47wild
hi i am new to the sport so i dont know much about these. where i race they run the jato 3.3 or 2.5 nitro buggies. i am looking to put a dirt late model body on it does any one know if they make a specific boidy for these or do most 1/8 bodys work b ecause of the short wheel base. also i have been looking at all the late model body sites and noticed that most cars are4 not what we run.is there better cars out there that i should be looking at other than the jato. only rule we have is that it must be two wheel drive and nitro powered. any info would greatly appreicated. thank you Randy
Back in the day, had a Jato. Too heavy. Team Associated RC10GT2 is much better. It's more of a racer and less basher.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...10-Nitro-Truck
Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there are alot of great cars out there but most companies that are on the cutting edge make 2wd electric but if i were you i would check losi and there speed-nt 2wd truggy. i dont know how that compares to the jato but it loks like it comes with a 3.4 instead of a 3.3 engine. also the gt2 also in a kit. there is hpi firestorm i think thats 2wd??
Old 01-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 47wild
Most racers using the truck platform are running the RC10GT2 RS RTR 1/10 NITRO TRUCK. If interested, please pm me for best pricing.
Thank you,
Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

do all these cars except the late model bodies. the problem that we have is that every one wants to win on the first turn so there are big wrecks and we are having trouble with the tire a arms braking . i thought if i could cover the tires i would take some of that away. thanks all for the info