Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot bodies problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hot bodies problem

Hi everyone i have a hot bodies lightning stadium pro and for some reason when i try start it the engine seems to pop for ages before it starts and even when the car has been running when its warm it takes me ages to re start it again. Is there anything i can do to make it start easier. Hope someone can help me as its really frustrating me cheers
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by manic_mike
Hi everyone i have a hot bodies lightning stadium pro and for some reason when i try start it the engine seems to pop for ages before it starts and even when the car has been running when its warm it takes me ages to re start it again. Is there anything i can do to make it start easier. Hope someone can help me as its really frustrating me cheers
Well thats not a "Hot Bodies" problem thats an engine problem. Normally poping before starting and hard to start is a bad glow plug, also no wanting to start is a bad glow plug. Could also be a tired engine on its last leg. Whats the compression feel like when you try to turn the flywheel, if its tight its still good not so tight means the engine is really tired or shot. Also how hot are you letting it get, a proper tune can help it run better and always when done running put the engine back to bottom dead center. You do this by spinning the flywheel with ur hand to the most loose spot you feel(it's the bottom). You do this because when the metals are hot they expand and when cool they shrink back down. You want the piston to cool at bottom to insure longevity of the engne and it will keep it running longer.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi cheers for reply its tight when i turn the fly wheel i will try putting new glow plug in and trying your suggestion cheers