Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now... >

Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now...

Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now...

Old 01-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ForwardBite
US or Euro, Maifield & Cav are AE's top dogs!
When he says number 1, I'm sure he's talking Europe, remember, big world out there, not just USA.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
When he says number 1, I'm sure he's talking Europe, remember, big world out there, not just USA.
Understood, still doesn't change the fact that Battle was not AE's #1 driver.
Also, Battle did not specify #1 Euro driver.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think Durango would put (or pay more) Lutz first,and next Savoya,McBride and Robert...I think Lutz #1 ,regardless that Savoya and Robert has more and better international results.I might be wrong ,but i think that is what's botter Robert...
Old 01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

They can grab up all the Euro's they want as I have heardr that most of them do not get paid like the US drivers. Just get travel $ and support.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gabor szilagyi
I think Durango would put (or pay more) Lutz first,and next Savoya,McBride and Robert...I think Lutz #1 ,regardless that Savoya and Robert has more and better international results.I might be wrong ,but i think that is what's botter Robert...
I would take Savoya, Battle over Lutz and McBride from a driving standpoint. Sorry Ryan.
Both have made the main at the last 2 world championships and have won Nationals on their home turf as well as multiple other wins each year.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DJG24
I would take Savoya, Battle over Lutz and McBride from a driving standpoint. Sorry Ryan.
Both have made the main at the last 2 world championships and have won Nationals on their home turf as well as multiple other wins each year.
No problem. I know I have a lot more to prove of myself on the track. (believe me I'm as hard on myself as anyone) But I know my value isn't only on the track!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

The reason i put Ryan first is just a fact of that :he got the 10 years contract .Could mean something !Don't forget that companies looking for a good personality behind the fast driver.And experience as leader manager ect.Ryan has that .And i think he is one of the most approachable person on the races !
Old 01-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ryan is a great asset to any team. My son thinks so!!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

I remember that pic been taken last year at PNB.The little guy with Ryan is Tony M jr.Jr is one of the fastest sportsman here in NC and he is coming for us pro buggy drivers!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tntracer05
Ryan is a great asset to any team. My son thinks so!!!!

I am betting that Ryan can still beat 75% of us with his Old Tam as shown.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

I know Ryan is fast. ( I've seen him drive) .
But I think I could beat him if he drove the Tam pictured.
It's only got TWO wheels !!!!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gabor szilagyi
Nah that is weird !Robert did not take the offer from Durango :He said because he wouldn't be the #1 driver!?Is he number one with AE?Nop!Or probably he still get more $ with AE .Or this is about ego?Who knows?But i always had a feeling he is not too happy with AE (he is been pictured few times "around" other buggies).No trash talking just interesting!
i pretty sure he said we will be number 1, maybe talking about whatever team he signs with
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrozilla
i pretty sure he said we will be number 1, maybe talking about whatever team he signs with
Gotta love the inflated egos some people have.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kansas and Phoenix?

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=9608
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Durango raid Losi, sign Fischer & James; Team budget now bigger than GDP of Belgium

After missing out on signing Spanish star Robert Batlle a week ago, we understand Team Durango, undeterred have agreed terms with two drivers from the Losi team; Billy Fischer - semi finalist at the Worlds in Thailand last year and Taylor James - '08 Worlds finalist. The US driver market has been relatively dormant in the last few weeks compared with the more explosive and active European driver movements, however Durango's US racing presence will now extend to 4 top level drivers: Reno Savoya (former Frenchie now a Texan), Ryan Lutz (on a 10 year deal) and now Billy Fischer and Taylor James. Billy Fischer had a mixed Worlds; an outstanding qualifying performance saw him qualify 5th, only for that optimism to evaporate as he missed the cut for the final. Despite this, his stand out performance over 6 rounds of qualifying clearly alerted the bosses at Team Durango and saw his name added to the rather long shortlist. Fischer is a regular in the news racing week in week out in Arizona, often vying with Ryan Maifield with the title of the fastest AZ driver. Taylor James hasn't been racing as actively in the last two years due to school commitments however the Missouri driver is a well established 1/8 buggy name, winning a Worlds warm up in 2008 during the days he raced for the Jammin team. His low-key move to Losi & the Nitrotec engine proved the talent is very much still there despite a Worlds performance to forget. Watch out for the official news in the coming days/weeks.

2011 Team Durango Driver Signings:
Reno Savoya, Kyle McBride, Ryan Lutz, Jorn Neumann, Elliott Boots, Chris Doughty, Billy Fischer, Taylor James

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.