Wiki Posts
Search

amainhobbies/carolina r/c

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bboard
I can order from Amain on Monday night or Tuesday morning and have my order by Thursday. That shipping with the cheapest USPS option to North Carolina. Once I picked UPS because of a federal holiday and I knew UPS would be open to ship, then it took a week and a half a cost me $10 more.
If you order a small item and they send it first class mail then you have a good chance of getting it in time. If it is a larger item that requires UPS then bet on not having it for the next race unless you pony up for faster service.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
yeah...go big ...and stay .....amain is great to deal with, but takes forever for things to get here being on the eastcoast....unless u bump the shipping price up.
Just a thought... What if A Main branched out and set up shop on the Eastcoast as a result of the buyout? We would have AMain west and AMain east. This would expedite the eastcoast shipping process, while hurting existing LHS's even more. As racers we need both!

My question is will AMain Hobbies be responsible for clearing up paid orders to Carolinas that were never received...? and if not will they be able to offer advice to clear anything up? Thanks,
Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

This is great news. I think Great Planes and Horizon needs to have competition. I hope Amain is now at a size with they can start business accounts for LHS at reasonable prices so the LHS can expand their line up. Right now its Losi and AE market becasue that is the best deal LHS can get.....

This would be so awesome.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by gdux
Just a thought... What if A Main branched out and set up shop on the Eastcoast as a result of the buyout? We would have AMain west and AMain east. This would expedite the eastcoast shipping process, while hurting existing LHS's even more. As racers we need both!

My question is will AMain Hobbies be responsible for clearing up paid orders to Carolinas that were never received...? and if not will they be able to offer advice to clear anything up? Thanks,

while, that whould be cool hurting lhs isnt good if you ask me my closed 2 years ago it sucks not having one.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
This is great news. I think Great Planes and Horizon needs to have competition. I hope Amain is now at a size with they can start business accounts for LHS at reasonable prices so the LHS can expand their line up. Right now its Losi and AE market becasue that is the best deal LHS can get.....

This would be so awesome.

Amain cannot compete with Great Planes nor Horizon or even HRP for that matter. They own the rights and put up the bucks to be the leading distributor.
Horizon is Losi,Eflite,Parkzone,Hobbyzone,Athearn. No matter where you see them, they came from Horizon, period.
GreatPlanes is Estes,OS,Futaba,Duratrax,Odonnell and Muchmore.
I'm sure I left out some smaller detail.

For 3 weeks now, we have been selling the Losi 8 2.0 Race Roller for $399
OS Speeds for $405. What does A-main charge ?
A-main is big, but at the prices they charge, they should be. The racers put them there.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg B
Amain cannot compete with Great Planes nor Horizon or even HRP for that matter. They own the rights and put up the bucks to be the leading distributor.
Horizon is Losi,Eflite,Parkzone,Hobbyzone,Athearn. No matter where you see them, they came from Horizon, period.
GreatPlanes is Estes,OS,Futaba,Duratrax,Odonnell and Muchmore.
I'm sure I left out some smaller detail.

For 3 weeks now, we have been selling the Losi 8 2.0 Race Roller for $399
OS Speeds for $405. What does A-main charge ?
A-main is big, but at the prices they charge, they should be. The racers put them there.
But by Amain being as big as it is, hopefully they offer a business account so local hobby stores can have easier access to manufacturers they other wise could not get through the two big companies. Money talks - if Amain have the money, they to can get contracts with some of these companies.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

I know in our case, what we can't get from the main distributors, we had to go direct with the companies and that's how some companies like to operate. No one is an exclusive distributor for Kyosho in the states so you set up a direct account with them. Novarossi is pretty much the same way.
What appears to me is the fact that alot of shops aren't willing to do this anymore, but if you're a shop owner, it's your business how you wish to do it.
I also believe that store location is huge key. We cater to the racers but racing is a small percentage of what we actually do. I personally don't like Traxxas products but we will sell 5 RTR's to 1 racing kit. Just alot of demographics involved I suppose.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
I personally don't like Traxxas products but we will sell 5 RTR's to 1 racing kit. Just alot of demographics involved I suppose.
I bet you sell alot more "hop ups" and parts to the guys that buy the RTR Traxxas kits as well...
Old 01-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Pretty much replacement parts....LOL
Old 01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

absoultehobby is starting to become big here on the east coast now. And most of there prices are cheaper than amains
Old 01-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i agree an east coast branch of amain would be awesome!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't think "we racers" are the best customer of the (regular) local hobby shops.We spend money to, but not much as a backyard players all together.After few years i do think twice what i buy or what i don't.If i go to the hobby shop to buy a bearings i want to buy it for around 1 $ a piece not for 5$ .And if i see a pair crime fighters on the wall for 35$, i just smiling...In the same time i see backyard bashers at the counter to pay hundreds of dollars for nothing (i was the same in my first months).My friend who owns a hobby shop said sorry but i am focusing on the bashers not on the racers..He said during a week he has 70 regular customer in the same time he has only 10-15 racers.Plus he said "racer stuff" always changing,by the time he would stock up with some parts probably the parts ready to change again...So i don't blame him.Carolinas RC was unique in the area because Jon kept the racer's stuff he had everything for us....We miss him!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used to buy stuff from Carloina's and never had a complaint about shipping, but teh same can be said about A main, example, I race Saturday night and break something, I can order Sunday night my time (Australia) and have teh parts via USPS in my mailbox by Friday arvo (Australia time), so that is great.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Gabe, Jon misses u too
Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by gabor szilagyi
I don't think "we racers" are the best customer of the (regular) local hobby shops.We spend money to, but not much as a backyard players all together.After few years i do think twice what i buy or what i don't.If i go to the hobby shop to buy a bearings i want to buy it for around 1 $ a piece not for 5$ .And if i see a pair crime fighters on the wall for 35$, i just smiling...In the same time i see backyard bashers at the counter to pay hundreds of dollars for nothing (i was the same in my first months).My friend who owns a hobby shop said sorry but i am focusing on the bashers not on the racers..He said during a week he has 70 regular customer in the same time he has only 10-15 racers.Plus he said "racer stuff" always changing,by the time he would stock up with some parts probably the parts ready to change again...So i don't blame him.Carolinas RC was unique in the area because Jon kept the racer's stuff he had everything for us....We miss him!
+1, our local hobbyshop is the same way, gets mostly bashers and newbies, us racers normally by online, except for the small stuff, shock oil, diff oil, paint, glow plug or 2.....ect...ect... i bought from carolina rc every week for about 8 months, never online, i always called them and ordered, shipping was fast and super nice guys!!! i have tons of carolina r/c stickers to prove it...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.