Having some problems. Please help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Having some problems. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Having some problems. Please help!

My brother purchased a used Matrix Pro buggy a few days ago. Right away we started running into small problems that we managed to fix. Now the problem is that we can get the car started but it dies after about 5 secs. We figured it was the glow stick or the glow plug based on what ive searched. We switched out both and still are having the same problems. I have no idea if the engine has been tuned already or if that has anything to do with the source of the problem. Any idea what it could be? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zackattack
My brother purchased a used Matrix Pro buggy a few days ago. Right away we started running into small problems that we managed to fix. Now the problem is that we can get the car started but it dies after about 5 secs. We figured it was the glow stick or the glow plug based on what ive searched. We switched out both and still are having the same problems. I have no idea if the engine has been tuned already or if that has anything to do with the source of the problem. Any idea what it could be? Thanks in advance!
If plug and ignightors good its tune. Maybe just turn idle up and if its cold let it warm up a bit before punching the gas, also tune can be wrong. Remember this out is fat in is lean to lean will over heat engine far out will make it sluggish and can make it die. Now ur top end needle is pretty easy to tune if ur bottom end is tuned. Idle is normally in the middle on the carb of top and bottom kinda hard to explain.

Watch squirrel hes a good teacher to learn from he has aseries watch it and try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZiU265FKE
Old 12-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

could be ur motor is worn out and has no compression left also if u cant get a tune on it maybe time for a pinch