Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JQ The Car or DNX408

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

thanks JQ for the response about the shock.

Personnally, i dont want to say, ok THE car is better than the DNX because, from the begining, Durango is one man, with his idea. So the philosophy behind THE car and the DNX are the same.

There are some interresting idea on THE car like the diff position setup or 3 holes rear knuckle(same for front).

And there is few great idea for the DNX, like the diff housing very oppened for maintenance, new chassis layout and new piston brakes.

But from my perception, the only advantage of the DNX right now, it s based on the 8ight and the 8ight is a great car!

In both case, Gerd from Durango and Joseph from JQ started from 0 and builded theire car and this is very cool!

Thanks guys
Old 12-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
Hey Frank... you ran a Losi truggy all year correct? Did you ever have the drive shaft pop out on the front of your losi truck? I have been running my 2.0 truggy for two years like the picture below and have had zero shafts pop out.

Man Thanks for posting that!!!!! Could you post that on the "THE CAR thread,so some of those guy's can see that driveshaft With 2 year and no problems!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
Hey Frank... you ran a Losi truggy all year correct? Did you ever have the drive shaft pop out on the front of your losi truck? I have been running my 2.0 truggy for two years like the picture below and have had zero shafts pop out.

Not the 2.0 but I did have them pop out on the 1.0 truggy bit thats a losi, completly different story. BTW your truck is dirty. Getting thisthread back on track... I have recently had some assistance in answering the question proposed within this thread and I owe it all to JQ himself. Sometimes things are like a cold pint of guniness stored at the perfect tempature and poured at just the right angle... Give it time and it all becomes clear.

FYI that perfect pint technique is passed down from generation to generation and not found anywhere in the states. (Ohh I hope this post doesn't get deleted too)

Last edited by Frank L; 12-17-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
thanks JQ for the response about the shock.

Personnally, i dont want to say, ok THE car is better than the DNX because, from the begining, Durango is one man, with his idea. So the philosophy behind THE car and the DNX are the same.

There are some interresting idea on THE car like the diff position setup or 3 holes rear knuckle(same for front).

And there is few great idea for the DNX, like the diff housing very oppened for maintenance, new chassis layout and new piston brakes.

But from my perception, the only advantage of the DNX right now, it s based on the 8ight and the 8ight is a great car!

In both case, Gerd from Durango and Joseph from JQ started from 0 and builded theire car and this is very cool!

Thanks guys
How can you say the 408 is based on the losi You cant be serious
Old 12-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

I personally like the the JQ car design. It seems really well thought out. On the other hand the Durango looks overly complicated for the sake of bling and being different.

That being said, I've seen 3 durango's built in person and all three had oil leaking out of the center diff. Not one had been run yet. Weird???

Cant adjust break bias with the transponder in the car, its in the way. When you do remove the transponder and try to adjust the link, it pops off the balls. Pain!!

Breaks don't work out of the box. Everyone has to add spacers they having laying around and put them on the brake calipers in order to get the car to stop.

And that servo....well lets just wait and see.

Hope this helps compare the cars so you can make your decision.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I also just found this on the durango thread.

"Damn, Damn and Damn.

Got my Buggy 99% built, only to find that the Kit was missing 2 small parts in the Throttle Linkage, 1 Clutch Shoe and the Clutch Nut not being threaded all the way Thru.

But aside from that , Nice.

Damn, Damn and Damn."

Yeah, I would go with "THE Car"
Old 12-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
I also just found this on the durango thread.

"Damn, Damn and Damn.

Got my Buggy 99% built, only to find that the Kit was missing 2 small parts in the Throttle Linkage, 1 Clutch Shoe and the Clutch Nut not being threaded all the way Thru.

But aside from that , Nice.

Damn, Damn and Damn."

Yeah, I would go with "THE Car"
Stuff like that happens with everything. My XRAY 808 came with one bad wheel axle. Xray sent me another one. My agama manual has an entire step missing, and still has not been fixed but its winning races all over the world, just like all the other cars that were released with minor issues. There is no right or wrong choice, only whats right or wrong for the individual.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Stuff like that happens with everything. My XRAY 808 came with one bad wheel axle. Xray sent me another one. My agama manual has an entire step missing, and still has not been fixed but its winning races all over the world, just like all the other cars that were released with minor issues. There is no right or wrong choice, only whats right or wrong for the individual.
Guy asked our opinion, and I gave him my opinion and a reason. Multiple actually.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
Guy asked our opinion, and I gave him my opinion and a reason. Multiple actually.
I was not slamming your opinion. We all have one and that's what make things great or redicoulous depending on the individual. The point I'm trying to make is that neither one of these cars have any kind of track record other than test drivers and pros. How can anyone recommend one over the other, especially based on some missing parts? Wouldn't people need some wheel time to form an honest opinion? In the end does it matter? Who the heck ever bought their car based on recommendations from RC tech? The OP is going to get what he wants regardless of Anyones opinion anyway. I am sure over the next 6-8 months we will learn that both buggies are bad ass and up to the task.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just buy both and see which one you drive better and sell the other.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, The Durango did need the pads shimming and yes, I did have to shave some of the rear chassis brace to fit my engine. If you read the JQ build tips, there are potentially problems with THE fuel tank posts (which is being addressed), THE chassis is being changed slightly, you need to ream the upper links etc...

Neither car is currently 'perfect'....but not many are...even from some of the more estabished brands...

Yes, JQ may have beaten a car that was fast enough to win the Worlds in Pattaya....but he didn't at the UK Proline!

Can't everyone stop THE pissing match for now and let THE talking take place on THE track?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hookem34
This whole Thread is ridiculous! It's like saying would you rather have a Ferrari or Lamborghini?! Most the people who comment on stuff like this do not have either vehicle

Get what you want, beat on it like it owes you money and enjoy!

Duranago is my choice though......
@ "beat on it like it owes you money"
Old 12-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
Yes, The Durango did need the pads shimming and yes, I did have to shave some of the rear chassis brace to fit my engine. If you read the JQ build tips, there are potentially problems with THE fuel tank posts (which is being addressed), THE chassis is being changed slightly, you need to ream the upper links etc...

Neither car is currently 'perfect'....but not many are...even from some of the more estabished brands...

Yes, JQ may have beaten a car that was fast enough to win the Worlds in Pattaya....but he didn't at the UK Proline!

Can't everyone stop THE pissing match for now and let THE talking take place on THE track?

yes but he didn't make his thread title "fast enough to win at the Proline race" did he LOL

you know me Mark & you know this is just a bit of fun
Old 12-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by supercross
you know me Mark & you know this is just a bit of fun

It's all about THE banter!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaf1977

Enough with the THE. It's annoying at best. I rode that train for a little bit until it revealed itself to me in full color.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.