Wiki Posts
Search

I Wish Tracks Would Outlaw These...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

one word - sombrero

guarantees clearance on all sides. Provides great shade too.

In all seriousness - I do dislike these stands, mainly because they are used by people who don't need them. I have also seen them wide enough to take up two spots on the stand, as well as used in an attempt to "reserve" spots on the stand. If someone legitimately needs one to level the playing field, go for it. But I've yet to see them used in that capacity.

I agree it's a courtesy thing, but now-a-days it seems like sportsmanship and courtesy must be regulated. I think this is probably the biggest challenge that faces our sport.

I've seen a LOT of BS lately, ranging from just general un-sportsmanlike conduct to outright pre-meditated cheating.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default case in point - watch the losi on the left

misses the whole corner, gains an easy 5 positions

this kind of stuff is supposed to be self regulating but it isn't these days

Old 12-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can anybody name that driver? Dude seriously needs to be outed...

thats got to be the most unsportsmanlike maneuver I ever saw. I would like to laugh at his defense.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Man, that's shameful. What a shmuck. If I was that corner marshall, I would've just picked up his car and held it till he was dead last. I've seen blatant cheating like that before and no penalty self-assessed or otherwise. Weak. On the way home, I bet that guy ran over a nun in the crosswalk, then kicked his dog when he got home cause he didn't win.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Not shocking that it was in a truggy race though...
Old 12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

I was corner marshaling that race but was not near that corner. I did see Paul grab a couple of trucks as they passed by him for jumping pipes...Good for him I hate that crap. To me if you intensionally jump a pipe to gain a position and get caught you should be DQ'ed.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

driver stand stools....they fly real nice and far when you trip over one and f#@k your knee up...happened one night at the track....when i turned around after flinging it a couple of guys looked at me weird and avoided me like i was a crazed lunitic....6'4" 310lbs is a far distance and alot of weight to be falling on a knee....i think that driver is still looking for his step stool. i stepped on one once and collapsed it because it was in my way as well. they are nice if you are a little kid and need the height but if you are tall enough to see over the rail then be glad you can and quit trying to be tall...its gods way of telling you that you were put on this earth to smell farts.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aray
one word - sombrero

guarantees clearance on all sides. Provides great shade too.

In all seriousness - I do dislike these stands, mainly because they are used by people who don't need them. I have also seen them wide enough to take up two spots on the stand, as well as used in an attempt to "reserve" spots on the stand. If someone legitimately needs one to level the playing field, go for it. But I've yet to see them used in that capacity.

I agree it's a courtesy thing, but now-a-days it seems like sportsmanship and courtesy must be regulated. I think this is probably the biggest challenge that faces our sport.

I've seen a LOT of BS lately, ranging from just general un-sportsmanlike conduct to outright pre-meditated cheating.
a real good addition to the sombrero is a real good burrito...a burrito coupled with a sombrero you will have the room you need to see and it keeps you warm on those cold race nights
Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Not shocking that it was in a truggy race though...
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Now is he cutting the track or did he flip off the double and land on the straight...lol
Old 12-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think the stools should be mandatory. It is nice to have some around when you need to get a Turnmarshalls attention.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jammin32j
Now is he cutting the track or did he flip off the double and land on the straight...lol
the play is under review.... go to 3:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7uAmfcOMo
Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Guess that answers that question!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thats when they say "BUSTED"
the play is under review.... go to 3:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7uAmfcOMo
Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I use them alot when i go to a track with a high railing. I am 6' and height is not the issue. I dont like holding my radio by my chin trying to drive. If it bothers you that bad.. move to another spot so you can be on the same level as the other guy. As for people not being able see because of a guy using a step, i dont think you should be driving your car behind the drivers stand. ive never been blocked from my car unless a guy is leaning over the rail yelling at his pit guy. have a great day.

Last edited by turner2; 12-20-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.