Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Keep 1 or the other, Tmaxx or Jato >

Keep 1 or the other, Tmaxx or Jato

Keep 1 or the other, Tmaxx or Jato

Old 12-11-2010, 07:09 PM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Mind_Reader7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 98
Default Keep 1 or the other, Tmaxx or Jato

I can only keep one, which one should I keep? I'm leaning towards the Jato because I don't have many lage jumps around here, or a lot of dirt. However the Tmaxx is built pretty solid and can smash the crap out of anything. The one I decide to sell will be sold with all original radio gear minus and engine.

Thoughts?
Mind_Reader7 is offline  
Old 12-11-2010, 09:11 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,258
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mind_Reader7
I can only keep one, which one should I keep? I'm leaning towards the Jato because I don't have many lage jumps around here, or a lot of dirt. However the Tmaxx is built pretty solid and can smash the crap out of anything. The one I decide to sell will be sold with all original radio gear minus and engine.

Thoughts?
Neither i would say sell both and buy somthing better.
NitroXray80809 is offline  
Old 12-11-2010, 09:13 PM
  #3  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Mind_Reader7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 98
Default

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Neither i would say sell both and buy somthing better.
What are your htoughtso n sometihng better then? Keep in mind I wouldn't really want to spend much more than $600AUD.
Mind_Reader7 is offline  
Old 12-11-2010, 09:20 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,258
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mind_Reader7
What are your htoughtso n sometihng better then? Keep in mind I wouldn't really want to spend much more than $600AUD.
Exactly thats why you sell both to have a higher spending range. If you could sell both ready to run for $250 then you will have about 500ish give or take. I would say if you want speed but want to jump at times to i would go electric hpi vorza rtr. Not many nitros are made to just drive other than traxxas and traxxas nitros arent to great but i know losi and hpi make really nice monster trucks rtr thats are fast and can take a beating a tmaxx cant.
NitroXray80809 is offline  
Old 12-11-2010, 09:31 PM
  #5  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Mind_Reader7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 98
Default

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Exactly thats why you sell both to have a higher spending range. If you could sell both ready to run for $250 then you will have about 500ish give or take. I would say if you want speed but want to jump at times to i would go electric hpi vorza rtr. Not many nitros are made to just drive other than traxxas and traxxas nitros arent to great but i know losi and hpi make really nice monster trucks rtr thats are fast and can take a beating a tmaxx cant.
I was considering going electric at one point. My main concern is going off road, and the engine getting either wet or clogged with dirt.
Mind_Reader7 is offline  
Old 12-11-2010, 10:49 PM
  #6  
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

yep sell both. traxxas = plastic fantastic... basically its cheap plastic that isnt very high on quality compared to hpi etc
808gx7r is offline  
Old 12-11-2010, 11:18 PM
  #7  
Tech Apprentice
 
alphaplus-guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
yep sell both. traxxas = plastic fantastic... basically its cheap plastic that isnt very high on quality compared to hpi etc
+1
alphaplus-guru is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 02:11 AM
  #8  
Tech Regular
 
RUNNINONMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: YOUR MOMS HOUSE
Posts: 345
Default

if you had to absolutely keep one of the two i would choose the t-maxx.
otherwise do what they said sounds like a good idea and you get something new and shiney thats always best.
RUNNINONMT is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.