Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8t 2.0 or Mugen MBX6t

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default Losi 8t 2.0 or Mugen MBX6t

I have been running a losi 8t 2.0 since it came out and I was thinking of trying something new. Has anyone run both chassis's? Can you give me your thoughts, pros, cons, I like this but not this ect. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I have been running a losi 8t 2.0 since it came out and I was thinking of trying something new. Has anyone run both chassis's? Can you give me your thoughts, pros, cons, I like this but not this ect. Thanks.
from what ive seen!....the mbx6t has THE MOST STEERING I HAVE EVER SEEN! thats all i have to say...the only reason why i havent gone that route yet is cause the only way to get parts for the Mugen cars is online!....but they do look dialed!...
Old 11-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I've driven the Losi 2.0t and really liked the way it drove..but decided to buy the Mugen after the first test drive with one. I bought an M-Spec MBX6t changed the setup in the rear a little and it was planted much better(dailed). The Mugen steers awsome, jumps great and drives through the rough sections without a sweat. The only problem I had with the 6T was the rear arms would brake at the droop screw on a rough landing (my fault).
Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Frank

What dont you like about your losi? i've seen vids of you driving on youtube that you posted you look good out there with the losi
Old 11-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Frank I have owned both.....still run the mugen now. Hands down the better truggy. I am going to be trying the new Serpent S811-T so I will see how it does compared to the mugen soon and the 2 Losi 8T 2.0's I had.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I've owned both and felt the Losi was the better of the two. The Losi not only steers great but seemed to rotate better when I got to pushing the truck hard. Both are good vehicles though.
I seemed to find better support in general for the Losi and I like the option of running the smart-diff setup.
If your budget allows, buy one and give it a try. The Mugens on the secondary market sell very well and hold a good value.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Frank, since you enjoy buying all those speeds, you could channel some cash towards Mugen and tell all us poor schmucks which one is better, lol. Oh and be sure to have a good stock of bce chassis ready for the Mugen buggy since the stock one folds in half quite quickly.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Your already driving the best truggy on the planet Frank.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Frank, I'm sure both are 100% capable when properly setup....

That said, I'm a mugen guy. I've made several changes up front reducing caster some and during my most recent pro series event, I came away completely stoked with how well the truck worked. For the first time ever, I had more steering than I knew what to do with and it was planted.

If your at all interested, drop me a PM and I'll forward along my setup. It's seriously fast (when I can drive it)....

Cliff notes:

- Set EPA at ride height vs full droop (20% more steering in each direction )

- Reduce Castor
- Increase bump steer (change over to buggy CF steering tabs and go with shorter Lundsford Tie tierods)
- Setup zero toe at ride height....

Easy enough.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Your already driving the best truggy on the planet Frank.
No, he said he wanted to drive the best truggy on the planet
Old 11-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

You guys crack me up. I was just looking to try something different but I didnt want to take a hit in durability and handling. I like the way my Losi handles on the track and I love how durable it is, so switching brands I dont want to have issues in these categories.

BTW anyone roll a M-Spec what needs to be done to it if anything, hop-ups or tuning?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You guys crack me up. I was just looking to try something different but I didnt want to take a hit in durability and handling. I like the way my Losi handles on the track and I love how durable it is, so switching brands I dont want to have issues in these categories.

BTW anyone roll a M-Spec what needs to be done to it if anything, hop-ups or tuning?
Buy some spare front lower arms for sure! You'll need them.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

lol front and rear...

I run a losi, and i dont see me changing no time soo. But, I drove the mugen lots of times, since my race buddy/cousin has it.
The mugen is a great truck and it does steer very well..But it seems (mabe just my driving style), the mugen can not be pushed as hard into the corner like the losi. Seemed like in order to get it to rotate how i wanted, i would have to slow down a little more or change the way i entered/ exited the corner.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Better than replacing diffs and housings every weekend

Honestly, I've only broken one lower all season and that was me hitting a fence post at ~40mph with my 5S brushless setup. I don't boil arms either.

I run the m-spec truck with revised setup. Only aftermarket parts I run are M2C rear toe block system and that's it. I'd pick up some swaybars to mess with along with maybe some springs but its a tough truck for sure.

I also bent a rear outer hinge pin too. I ended up sourcing a hardened ejector pin from mcmaster and I've been good.

Oh, I picked up alloy towers for piece of mind.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itbvolks
Better than replacing diffs and housings every weekend .
lol this is funny to me, a buddy of mine on my race team runs a mugen. He also joked about this one weekend, and he broke a ring and pion that same weekend. But not only that, he had to replace it like 2 other times after that. But i havent touched my r/p all season....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.