Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
ROAR GIVES SOME PRO DRIVER A WARNING OF SUSPENSION >

ROAR GIVES SOME PRO DRIVER A WARNING OF SUSPENSION

ROAR GIVES SOME PRO DRIVER A WARNING OF SUSPENSION

Old 12-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

My opinion is that ROAR is looking at other aspects of the R/C industry and trying to go mainstream. You see R/C short course trucks all over the place. Major athletes use them and promote them. Companies like AE and Traxxas sponsor but time race teams, MX riders, and events.

Doesn't every motorsports body, MLB, NFL, NBA, etc publicly announces suspensions of their participating athletes?

Maybe ROAR is just trying to be like bigger organizations and acting like they would if R/C was a mainstream sport.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
My opinion is that ROAR is looking at other aspects of the R/C industry and trying to go mainstream. You see R/C short course trucks all over the place. Major athletes use them and promote them. Companies like AE and Traxxas sponsor but time race teams, MX riders, and events.

Doesn't every motorsports body, MLB, NFL, NBA, etc publicly announces suspensions of their participating athletes?

Maybe ROAR is just trying to be like bigger organizations and acting like they would if R/C was a mainstream sport.
Only issue with Roar acting like a mainstream sport, is racers and fans (in our case, fans are non-professional racers) are going to bitch and moan just like the mainstream sports. Nothing odd about it, it is just the way of the world. The human race are a bunch of natural whiners when the truth comes out.

And if this is how we act at our low level of professional coverage (drivers of different statuses getting online and wording out their mind) what is gonna happen when we get our time on Speed Channel and ESPN? Nascar drivers are professional in the spot light until Nascar has a ruling and they bitch to the twitter pages.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

Sorry Rick, you don't make a valid point at all with this. If ROAR is trying to help R/C racing go mainstream then they need to start with alliances with outside sports. At this point i see Traxxas, Honda, Kawasaki and Associated doing this effectively. I am not sure what part ROAR is playing in this.

I don't think wrongly accusing racers who were trying to follow the rules(opting out of the walk according to ROAR Rules) is a good way to further the sport. Furthermore after being asked by a ROAR official to disregard that rule, they being the nice guys they are selflessly honored the request of the Roar Ref and Team manager only to get hammered for it in a public announcement later........... Thats just plain embarrassing to everyone involved.

Racers like Ryan Lutz(great guy from my personal experience) and teams like Team Durango are the ones hurt here. How many fans get Neobuggy on their computers everyday but aren't on Rctech to see Ryans response so they can get the whole story.

To me this isn't fixed until ROAR makes a public apology as big or bigger than their public debacle apologizing to each and every racer (except the guy in the pink boxers ) for the way they conducted business.

Have you thought about the reality that these racers were choosing to skip the walk because of no shirt, but because a ROAR Official asked them to do it anyway they did, and now they are getting punished for it.......

Where is ROAR's unified front?
What do the racers do at the next event where a ROAR official asks them to do something..........Do they obey, fearful of repercussions later, or do they say no for fear of repercussions right then??

This sends a very bad message to everyone who falls under the sanctioning body of ROAR and IFMAR.......
Old 12-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

This might be 1/8 scale racing, but this is full scale 1:1 drama.

It would be interesting to hear from a ROAR rep on this thread. Any takers?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

#1 This whole thing seems pretty dumb on ROAR's part

#2 Haters gonna hate...If you don't like ROAR, don't join
Old 12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

It would be interesting to hear from a ROAR rep on this thread.
Naw....thread has run too deep. It would be an embarrassing attempt at saving face...or an even more damning show of force.

I believe no one wants to witness either of these options.....
Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
This might be 1/8 scale racing, but this is full scale 1:1 drama.

It would be interesting to hear from a ROAR rep on this thread. Any takers?
oh i guarantee you with 100% accuracy they are privy to the words typed and thoughts spilled out in this thread
Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Roar / Ifmar

I believe ROAR and IFMAR conceptually are great for the industry. The idea that this is much more than just a hobby to me makes me feel like if I wan to, I can put forth a serious effort to become a better racer and be even ranked. I might not be a top driver, but, I could be number 10,363 ranked in the world. (maybe 30,000 but, 10,363 sounds better, LOL)

But for those who are faster and better, it gives them something to look up to.

Kinda like the Olympics.

During a world event, you walk with your world team in the procession with your country colors or picked attire. (Woops, forgot to bring my clothes, Penalty, you can't walk with the procession, go stand in the crowd.. o.k. )

LOL>>>>>

Man.. I crack myself up...

Anyway. Think about this. If it were the olympics, and you forgot your shirt, you would be in the grandstand with you family or friends that couldn't be in the opening ceremonies. For all we know, there might be a slap on the wrist for the Olympians for forgetting their country colors and that's not a bad thing. If you earned the right to be there and you were asked to wear representing clothing and you didn't, I think you should suffer the consequences. (Again, maybe the country team manager could coordinate a few extra pairs of clothing for the ceremonies, but, as a person who is good enough to go to such an event, he or she should be prepared.

If I were fortunate enough to have a sponsorship and I was good enough to go to the Worlds in Pattaya, Thailand (I said this before) I would have had someone print me up T-shirts for the entire time I was there. I would represent my country, team and sponsors. (For those who know me, I might have my shirts printed in Safety Orange, and I would have the right color for the opening ceremonies and the rest of the time I was there, The shirt would be in my colors. (unless the rules stated something different)

Got to check the rules man...

If I could go to represent my country and my sponsors, I would not hesitate to do what was necessary to not offend anyone. Especially the hosting country. That goes the same for if the races were here in the US. I would represent myself accordingly for a World Event.

Heck.... I would stand on the drivers stand in a 3 piece suit if I had to..
(Actually, I would prefer a tux..) LOL>

No problem, works for me..
Old 12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Legend

Maybe someone could post some pictures of the other teams attending the ceremony ?

I would like to see & compare how the other teams dress that day..
Old 12-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

this thread is STILL going hahaha!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
HAHAHA. So true.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
Originally Posted by shanem121
HAHAHA. So true.
Yet both of you decided to click on the thread and actually took time to look up a picture on the net, copy the link and post it here..........

Lots of time wasted for something you don't care about?
Old 12-10-2010, 05:19 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Yes but its still a funny post so it was worth it
Old 12-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganymede
As I said, you join ROAR and not ROAR join you. Did ROAR point a gun to ask anyone to join?

If the sponsor feels that it is unfair that their racers have to wear ROAR official t-shirt rather than their sponsor's t-shirt, they can always put up a protest. If all else fails, the sponsors can organize their own World Championship event and no one is barring them to do so.

FYI, just like FIA, ROAR is the governing body and not some sponsor, you pay your membership fee to them and they are not (AFAIK) backing any team financially. If you or any team feels that's unfair, please don't join, as simple as that.
A gun no. BUt there are tracks that require you to be roar members to race there.. To your other post, there is one not too far from me, that has this requirement, and I have chosen not to go there because of it..

Maybe once Kendell becomes ROAR pres I'll change my stance..

Last edited by ScottyM; 12-10-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.