Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR GIVES SOME PRO DRIVER A WARNING OF SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

As i said on a different forum, I applaud them for enforcing the rules. My only problem with the whole thing was the fact they did it publicly. To me, its one of those things they should do VIA mail, or a phone call. But to make it public will just bring more light to them pushing people around, and that is one of the main image problems ROAR has currently.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I for one wish they were active in our region, but they aren't.

Hasn't been a ROAR sanctioned race here since 2004.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Breakin2
From what I read on another site, some of the guys simply didn't have the shirt. If ROAR was smart, they would have handed them out AT the event. Instead, they mailed the to racers in the weeks prior to the race.
+1 !!!! I'm sure this is the case, if they would of had the shirts I'm sure they would of worn them .. these guys are the pros in this hobby that we all enjoy ! IMO these guys would not intentionaly not wear a roar t shirt ..

And for all the Roar haters out there ,,, just remember that if it wasn't for Roar and the insurance that they provide to many tracks and racers across this fine country we live in ,there would not be tracks for us to race on and there would be no national or world events in the U.S.A !! IMO
Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

I'd like to add my 2 cents. For those that haven't read the Team Managers explanation in the comment section of Neo-Buggy let me try to explain at least my situation. Basically I never received my shirts before the event. Thus I was then under the impression that, well, I must be getting the shirts when I get to the event. Obviously got to the event and that was not the case as well. I would have happily sat out the opening ceremony but was told by the Team Manager that multiple drivers didn't receive their shirts and that we should all walk regardless. For this to become public like this after what was mentioned by the Team Manager seems a bit over the edge. I also personally don't appreciate people acting as though I would personally do this on purpose. Especially people who don't know the whole story. Especially people who were there, and don't know the whole story.

As for ROAR, they are a good thing for the hobby overall and I have faith they will be getting better and better. I just don't agree with this call after what was told to them by the Team Manager.

-Ryan Lutz
Old 12-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was just looking at Ryan's post and I want to be clear that all that i was doing with my posts was mentioning some interesting past experiences at these events not criticizing anyone or ROAR. Regarding the shirt issue personally I think that this whole thing is being blown a little out of proportion. If ROAR wants to penalize people for not wearing them then I personally believe that the onus lays on them to make sure that all of the people actually have shirts to wear in the first place. I know for a fact that there are some that did not get them just as Ryan mentioned, so if that is the case how can they be at fault?

Also I will note that looking at all of the other teams at past worlds they all seem to present a uniform look amongst all of the people participating at the event during the walk. Meaning that they all have shirts be they drivers or mechanics. I've now attended I think it is 5 or 6 different worlds and if I'm not mistaken I've never even gotten a shirt lol. As we are racing nitro and a driver obviously requires a mechanic to pit them, how about including an extra shirt with the driver entree for us to wear if having a uniform look is so important??? In most cases the US drivers for some reason actually pay more than other blocks to attend the worlds anyway, I would think that ROAR could slip in another $10 t-shirt so that we can all represent our country in the appropriate attire.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Arrow

no spamming

Last edited by J.Whiting; 12-08-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spamming
Old 12-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sounds like Neo over exploited the ROAR warning to specific individuals and luckily it was just a warning vs a suspension.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganymede
Loot at it this way:

These guys are some of the best drivers that represented North America in an International World Championship Race (which by no coincidence IS the pinnacle of 1/8 Nitro Buggy Race) attended by racers all around the world which only happen once every 2 years and they can't even wear the right t-shirt? What else can one surmise about them?

Boycotting ROAR is childish...
What could we Surmise about you?

I am curious. How much money does ROAR contribute to these World Class racers and their trip to the Worlds? Is ROAR a financial backer of "Team USA"?

In most sports the athletes wear the shirts of the people paying them the money.

I can see the requirement of a ROAR logo of a certain size needing to be on the shirt but what about the sponsors of the racers, they are the ones putting up the money! Why shouldn't they get the attention and coverage at the opening ceremonies?

Originally Posted by bentgear
How can anybody be so damn shortsighted as to overlook the requirement in the ROAR rules that IF YOU CHOOSE to participate in the opening ceremonies you need to be in the correct attire.

Somebody please point out to me why there would be any logical reason for not following this requirement. If you don't want to wear the shirt simply don't show up for the opening ceremonies or stay on the sidelines.
EXACTLY, why in the world would they bother showing up to the opening ceremony if its optional. Especially if they show up only to be penalized.

Oh right, read Mr Lutz reply below. Apparently he was asked too....

Originally Posted by pitpop
Kudos to ROAR for enforcing the attire and conduct rules. If you are fortunate enough to be on the team and actually attend the race to represent our country, do it the right way, you know? pretty simple... I mean the next thing you know guys will be wearing pink underwear out there...
I haven't met you, don't know anything about you, but it appears that you don't mind passing judgment on others without complete information.

Its interesting about this "TEAM USA". I have yet to see any print ads or internet ads about "TEAM USA" at the worlds. Where is the benefit of "TEAM USA"?

I see some $10 t shirts that don't even have a decent size American Flag on it?? I see ROAR in big letters and a little American flag 1/2 of the size. I think you mean to say its the ROAR team.

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
I'd like to add my 2 cents. For those that haven't read the Team Managers explanation in the comment section of Neo-Buggy let me try to explain at least my situation. Basically I never received my shirts before the event. Thus I was then under the impression that, well, I must be getting the shirts when I get to the event. Obviously got to the event and that was not the case as well. I would have happily sat out the opening ceremony but was told by the Team Manager that multiple drivers didn't receive their shirts and that we should all walk regardless. For this to become public like this after what was mentioned by the Team Manager seems a bit over the edge. I also personally don't appreciate people acting as though I would personally do this on purpose. Especially people who don't know the whole story. Especially people who were there, and don't know the whole story.

As for ROAR, they are a good thing for the hobby overall and I have faith they will be getting better and better. I just don't agree with this call after what was told to them by the Team Manager.

-Ryan Lutz
Well said Mr Lutz. I do love how people are so quick to judge with so little information.

I am especially disappointed about the people who are close (or pretend to be close) to the situation and their comments on how this suspension is warranted. If the team manager (as said in his own words) asked the drivers to be a part of the ceremony and the drivers (for what ever reason) didn't have a shirt then the responsibility fully lands on the team manager.

After all it says in the rule that its "Optional" to attend.

I would like to personally thank the team manager Kendall Bennett for doing what few men have the guts to do these days; standing up and taking responsibility for his actions.

Here are his words off NEobuggy
Ok, I have to step in and say my piece about this. Firstly, nobody is actually getting suspended. It is a warning at this time.

Now, I was the USA Team Manager and the worlds, and I was responsible for drivers being in the procession without the necessary attire. I was informed by the ROAR president before I headed to the Worlds, that drivers would be handed our suspensions if they did not have shirts at the event, and that I was responsible for making sure they either had a shirt, or were not in the procession.

Before the ceremony I talked to as many drivers as I could and quickly discovered that some drivers simply did not have shirts for various reasons. Some of them claimed they never actually got the shirts that were supposed to be sent to them prior to the event. ROAR says that everybody was sent shirts, but in the end, we all know the postal service is not 100% and some may have simply gotten lost in the post (or maybe some never had them sent due to a clerical error). Some guys had left them behind by accident.

In the end I went and spoke to Bob Ingersol, who was the ROAR referee at the event and we had a discussion about what we should do. It was decided that given that we felt some drivers simply did not have shirts due to reasons they had no control over, that it was more important to have all the drivers for the USA team in the photo, than for everyone to have a shirt on. So I made the executive decision at the event to let everyone be in the procession, shirt or not. Clearly I wanted everyone to have a shirt if they had them (and I gave up my extra shirt for someone to wear), but I felt it was necessary to fully represent the entire team at the Worlds.

I did inform ROAR of my decision after the event and why I made it.

I have also informed ROAR that it is my stance on this issue that I feel it is completely naïve of ROAR to not expect that some guys WON’T have shirts at EVERY SINGLE EVENT. Murphy’s law tells us that shit happens. And with a team that big, someone is always going to not have a shirt. So the solution, as I have told ROAR, is that if it is that important to ROAR that we present a unified front and everyone needs to wear a shirt, that a supply of extra shirts in various sizes be sent to the event so they will be waiting for the USA team manager when he/she arrives at the hotel. That way, if drivers are missing their shirt for any reason, they can pay $15 and get a new shirt to wear. If we do this at the next Worlds event, I guarantee that everyone in the picture will have a shirt.

Regards, Kendall Bennett,

I have other thoughts on this but its not directly on topic so i started another thread here. Team ROAR or Team USA?

Last edited by Ghostrider86; 12-08-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
What could we Surmise about you?

I am curious. How much money does ROAR contribute to these World Class racers and their trip to the Worlds? Is ROAR a financial backer of "Team USA"?

In most sports the athletes wear the shirts of the people paying them the money.

I can see the requirement of a ROAR logo of a certain size needing to be on the shirt but what about the sponsors of the racers, they are the ones putting up the money! Why shouldn't they get the attention and coverage at the opening ceremonies?

EXACTLY, why in the world would they bother showing up to the opening ceremony if its optional. Especially if they show up only to be penalized.

Oh right, read Mr Lutz reply below. Apparently he was asked too....

I haven't met you, don't know anything about you, but it appears that you don't mind passing judgment on others without complete information.

Its interesting about this "TEAM USA". I have yet to see any print ads or internet ads about "TEAM USA" at the worlds. Where is the benefit of "TEAM USA"?

I see some $10 t shirts that don't even have a decent size American Flag on it?? I see ROAR in big letters and a little American flag 1/2 of the size. I think you mean to say its the ROAR team.

Well said Mr Lutz. I do love how people are so quick to judge with so little information.

I am especially disappointed about the people who are close (or pretend to be close) to the situation and their comments on how this suspension is warranted. If the team manager (as said in his own words) asked the drivers to be a part of the ceremony and the drivers (for what ever reason) didn't have a shirt then the responsibility fully lands on the team manager.

After all it says in the rule that its "Optional" to attend.

I would like to personally thank the team manager Kendall Bennett for doing what few men have the guts to do these days; standing up and taking responsibility for his actions.

Here are his words off NEobuggy
Ok, I have to step in and say my piece about this. Firstly, nobody is actually getting suspended. It is a warning at this time.

Now, I was the USA Team Manager and the worlds, and I was responsible for drivers being in the procession without the necessary attire. I was informed by the ROAR president before I headed to the Worlds, that drivers would be handed our suspensions if they did not have shirts at the event, and that I was responsible for making sure they either had a shirt, or were not in the procession.

Before the ceremony I talked to as many drivers as I could and quickly discovered that some drivers simply did not have shirts for various reasons. Some of them claimed they never actually got the shirts that were supposed to be sent to them prior to the event. ROAR says that everybody was sent shirts, but in the end, we all know the postal service is not 100% and some may have simply gotten lost in the post (or maybe some never had them sent due to a clerical error). Some guys had left them behind by accident.

In the end I went and spoke to Bob Ingersol, who was the ROAR referee at the event and we had a discussion about what we should do. It was decided that given that we felt some drivers simply did not have shirts due to reasons they had no control over, that it was more important to have all the drivers for the USA team in the photo, than for everyone to have a shirt on. So I made the executive decision at the event to let everyone be in the procession, shirt or not. Clearly I wanted everyone to have a shirt if they had them (and I gave up my extra shirt for someone to wear), but I felt it was necessary to fully represent the entire team at the Worlds.

I did inform ROAR of my decision after the event and why I made it.

I have also informed ROAR that it is my stance on this issue that I feel it is completely naïve of ROAR to not expect that some guys WON’T have shirts at EVERY SINGLE EVENT. Murphy’s law tells us that shit happens. And with a team that big, someone is always going to not have a shirt. So the solution, as I have told ROAR, is that if it is that important to ROAR that we present a unified front and everyone needs to wear a shirt, that a supply of extra shirts in various sizes be sent to the event so they will be waiting for the USA team manager when he/she arrives at the hotel. That way, if drivers are missing their shirt for any reason, they can pay $15 and get a new shirt to wear. If we do this at the next Worlds event, I guarantee that everyone in the picture will have a shirt.

Regards, Kendall Bennett,

I have other thoughts on this but its not directly on topic so i started another thread here. Team ROAR or Team USA?
+ 1 on that.... these people are so use to someone telling them what to do, they don't even know how to defend for themselves..lol

I'm glad you took a moment out of your time to explain your side of how you feel because for some strange reason I feel the same way...lol

Oh yeah, your other post (topic) hit the nail in the head. If ROAR wants to call it Team ROAR or make it madatory to where their logo over the US logo they should be footing the racers bill.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop
Kudos to ROAR for enforcing the attire and conduct rules. If you are fortunate enough to be on the team and actually attend the race to represent our country, do it the right way, you know? pretty simple... I mean the next thing you know guys will be wearing pink underwear out there...
Ghostrider86 posted:

This may go down as one of the funniest comments I have read on here in a while.

Ed M.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The pink underwear comment that PitPop made is being taken out of context. There was actually one of our guys that was parading around in some pink boxes that matched his paint job at the start of the walk lol so he is just being sarcastic.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

I thought Ghostrider86 's comment was the funny one......
Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by offroad dude
+ 1 on that.... these people are so use to someone telling them what to do, they don't even know how to defend for themselves..lol

I'm glad you took a moment out of your time to explain your side of how you feel because for some strange reason I feel the same way...lol

Oh yeah, your other post (topic) hit the nail in the head. If ROAR wants to call it Team ROAR or make it madatory to where their logo over the US logo they should be footing the racers bill.
Thank you for your support, look for my nomination for ROAR president in 2011, I think there needs to be CHANGE...........

Ghostrider86 posted:

This may go down as one of the funniest comments I have read on here in a while.

Ed M.
Sorry, don't get it, i want to laugh too but don't understand.... I am old fashioned and slow, forgive me.

I thought Ghostrider86 's comment was the funny one......
Thank you! I think?

I would like to add one comment. On the topic of enforcing rules. I attended a big race down here earlier this year (www.psychonitroblast.com) and met several of the top 1/8 racers in the world.
While hanging out by the track I over hear a barrage of cussing going on within regular conversation (read he wasn't mad) , when i turned around it was one of Team ROARs finest doing his best sailor imitation with three 10 y/o's standing there soaking in his every move........

Those are the things that need to be penalized, not guys who forgot to wear the $10 t shirt that the secretary forgot to mail out.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

I would like to add one comment. On the topic of enforcing rules. I attended a big race down here earlier this year (www.psychonitroblast.com) and met several of the top 1/8 racers in the world.
While hanging out by the track I over hear a barrage of cussing going on within regular conversation (read he wasn't mad) , when i turned around it was one of Team ROARs finest doing his best sailor imitation with three 10 y/o's standing there soaking in his every move........

Those are the things that need to be penalized, not guys who forgot to wear the $10 t shirt that the secretary forgot to mail out.
that race was not a ROAR sanctioned event so there is nothing roar can do.. only the sponsors of said driver... and for that to happen some has to report this type of behavior to said driver...

while i do not agree with ROAR's warning.. because it is there own fault why these guys did not get there T-shirts.... and some people wil say its just a warning.... it is still a x against your your once clean record (if you had 1)... thats my take on it
Old 12-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

...Those are the things that need to be penalized, not guys who forgot to wear the $10 t shirt that the secretary forgot to mail out.
Originally Posted by kgombe
...while i do not agree with ROAR's warning.. because it is there own fault why these guys did not get there T-shirts...
I am 99.9% certain that the people who did not have their shirts:
1. forgot them
2. moved and did not update their address with ROAR or the post office
3. sponsor signed them up and put the wrong address or the company address

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.