Just saying thanks and goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

BATTERIES SCARE ME
Old 12-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
As mentioned, most Nitro guys are so hard up about electric and fail to remember, they are surrounded by batteries more than they think.

Batteries in the radio. O.K> I'll give you this one.

Batteries in the starter box. Still got to charge it. takes time and if your box isn't charged with you are at the track, you are dead in the water.

Batteries in the receiver box. Same as above. And, if you don't have your fail safe setup, here comes a run away.

I have seen too many nitro guys with this argument,but, their cars are the first to run off wide open into something like Hmmm. A large body of water..

Electric generally doesn't happen like that. Sure it might glitch due to signal loss or interference, but, I have never seen one simply take off wide open in 1 direction.

So, Nitro guys - (I am in that category, give the battery guys a break) It's all fun no matter what.

I like both and I agree with the fun factor of watching the nitro races. The smell, the sound - it's all good, but, I will say this.

Man it sure is cool to see an electric buggy effortlessly clear something no other car could other than a 10th scale electric 4wd.. He Hee

At my track, we had a tripple no one could clear. Not even our fastest electric guy. Well, I came along, and I am not fast driver, but, since I had a new car and new batteries, and of course a 2650kv motor, I had major stupid fast speed and wheel spinning tire busting torque..

I started doubling the jump like everyone else. Then I got the bright idea that I was not even pulling the trigger 1/3 throttle. So the next few laps, I started to try the tripple. The first time. I was trying to not overshoot the jump so I lawn Darted the jump. Oh well, Bullet proof buggy. Next lap I cleared it and from there I was passing people in the air.

The following track maint, some guys were angry and moved the jump further back. I told them they could move the jump back 5 more feet and I could still clear it. They didn't believe me. The following race, I kept clearing that and of course the Nitro guys were angry. Angry because they thought electric was unfair. Every excuse came out of the wood works.

Well, you know what happened after that.

Our electric class grew and grew.

Several of those who were nitro guys went to electric and have gone back because of he breakage of their cars (speed controllers) Several do booth and some are total converts.

On a warm day, I would rather run nitro because the engines can take the heat, on a cold day, I'd rather run electric.

speaking of which, I think I'm going to charge my packs and go to the track.

Luck for me, it's a short walk. My back yard.

Again. I say it's all fun..

i know, you say that its easyier to clear with a powerfull electric motor but with the instant torque you can overclear it easier also.

if, you have your engine tuned right and the right clutch setup there shouldnt be a problem clearing a triple really just stay in the throttle pretty much.

but, i can agree with you on running a nitro engine in the cold i can be a pain and electric can be easier that in the way.
i never had a runaway with the speckum module and a rubber band around the linkage.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Hey guys, didn't want to start a nitro vs electric thread, honestly. Just saying for me, electric is the way. Probably not going back to nitro for reasons stated earlier. Electric is definitely over the top, but that's what I like about it

Insane speed and torque is good for me, because it is mostly running in my back yard, the park, and coralling goats and elk (no kidding) lol.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by badaml
Hey guys, didn't want to start a nitro vs electric thread, honestly. Just saying for me, electric is the way. Probably not going back to nitro for reasons stated earlier. Electric is definitely over the top, but that's what I like about it

Insane speed and torque is good for me, because it is mostly running in my back yard, the park, and coralling goats and elk (no kidding) lol.
electric is too hard on parts. it mybe lighter but ull be replacing more driveline parts, which are moce expensive.

i run a heap of electrics too. but driveline wear gets to me.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Suspended

Yeah, if it gets to be too much, I will just change the setting on the esc. My time to run the rc stuff is pretty limited, so the less I have to replace the better.

Almost got a revo, but hard to go back to anything other than 1.8 scale after having one. The build quality and overall strength is hard to overlook.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, if it gets to be too much, I will just change the setting on the esc. My time to run the rc stuff is pretty limited, so the less I have to replace the better.

Almost got a revo, but hard to go back to anything other than 1.8 scale after having one. The build quality and overall strength is hard to overlook.
a revo... you might as well buy a spare roller for parts... you'll need it...
Old 12-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Suspended

Lol, had a few nitro revos, they were pretty good. Then got an MBX5T and got rid of the revos lol.

Bought another one, but just couldn't be without the heavy duty build of an 1/8 scale, so got rid of the revo once again and got a hyper 7 (yeah, dated but still a solid buggy).

Ran the H7 a few times but once I started hearing my daughter start to cough, that went away too lol. Only downside to the Vorza so far was punching it while standing behind it. That thing can throw some good size rocks lol.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Lol, had a few nitro revos, they were pretty good. Then got an MBX5T and got rid of the revos lol.

Bought another one, but just couldn't be without the heavy duty build of an 1/8 scale, so got rid of the revo once again and got a hyper 7 (yeah, dated but still a solid buggy).

Ran the H7 a few times but once I started hearing my daughter start to cough, that went away too lol. Only downside to the Vorza so far was punching it while standing behind it. That thing can throw some good size rocks lol.
my wee 14 month old girl, doesnt seem to be effect'd by any of the oil or sprays i use and yet i build and rebuild them in the lounge, but when if they do effect her i will move my gear to some other rooms where shes not allow'd but i keep windows open so that might play a big part
Old 12-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default nitro

no nitro are loud noise? i had a 8e for a while, was ok, but back to what i just said.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Suspended

It wasn't the storage part, it was the running part. My daughter loves RC cars lol, and as soon as I would fire it up, she would come running lol, giggling and all excited. Seeing that, I really didn't have the heart to tell her to go away lol.

So, electric it is, and now she has her own rc, a rustler. After running the vorza for a few days now, I have to say, I think I made the right choice, at least for me. But nitro is still more fun to watch
Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Definitely nitro is more fun to watch and run, and marshal.

I was marshaling 1/8 scale at our track and this electric Losi had flipped or got stuck on a pipe. What did I do, I picked it up thinking it was DNF, and prepared to let the driver know and set it down, announcer yelled "PUT IT BACK ON THE TRACK!! IT IS ELECTRIC!!"
I quickly realized it, steering turned and throttle was hit, and I through it back on track.
It is kinda nearly impossible to hear with 5 other nitro buggies running on the track zooming by you.

I apologized afterwards.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007

I was marshaling 1/8 scale at our track and this electric Losi had flipped or got stuck on a pipe. What did I do, I picked it up thinking it was DNF, and prepared to let the driver know and set it down, announcer yelled "PUT IT BACK ON THE TRACK!! IT IS ELECTRIC!!"
I quickly realized it, steering turned and throttle was hit, and I through it back on track.
It is kinda nearly impossible to hear with 5 other nitro buggies running on the track zooming by you.

I apologized afterwards.
LOL, that is hilarious.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007

I apologized afterwards.

lol yea thats what is going to happen when 1/8 e runs with nitro 1/8 intill everytrack has a constant showing of 1/8 e to separate the class.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Nitro/electric

Well, the reason why all of the electric guys and myself could clear the jump was because there was a 180 turn and you could not come into the turn hot or else you could not get lined up for the jump. The Tripple was immediately after the turn.

Nitro could not spool up enough energy to clear the jump. People who I know I would consider very good at tuning could not get up and over. Now, if there were a berm in the turn, I feel it could happen. The berm would have to put you centered (lined up) IF so, then you could carry you speed.

I actually could just turn the corner casually and 1/2 throttle it. No need to full throttle it.

I actually tried full throttle once. I landed in the middle of the following turn after the Tripple. Any higher and I would have gone over the big berm turn..

Well, What do you guys think????

NITRO VS ELECTRIC CONVERSATION?? I'LL START IT..
Old 12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Batteries scare me

v6shooter - Batteries should not scare you.

Just remember. Keep a bucket of Nitro next to you. If the batteries start acting stupid, drop them in the bucket.

(You might want to consider running.. Running fast... Running scared..)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.