Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
R/C Car magazine is dead! >

R/C Car magazine is dead!

R/C Car magazine is dead!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default R/C Car magazine is dead!

Just read on Neo Buggy that R/C Car magazine in no more. It's a shame since I considered this the best mag in the industry (I subscribe to all of them so I know).

I read that Stephen Bess is moving to RC Car Action. This should make that mag MUCH better IMO. Hopefully they will actually start writing reviews that are honest and move away from all the politically correct reviews they are known for doing.

Tell it like it is Stephen and thanks for all the great issues you and your crew put out at R/C Car!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Honest reviews sink advertising, which in turn sink magazines... just sayin.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not if the readers get in the know and start supporting a magazine that gives you the truth and not some BS like "bad points, tires not glued".

WTF is that?

I find it hard to believe that's is the only bad part that can be found on a tested car.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neobart
Not if the readers get in the know and start supporting a magazine that gives you the truth and not some BS like "bad points, tires not glued".

WTF is that?

I find it hard to believe that's is the only bad part that can be found on a tested car.
It has nothing to do with how many individuals purchase the magazine, if the magazines don't provide good product reviews there will be no desire for the manufacturers to pay for advertising and fund the magazine.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I hate to see anyone go under or go smaller. I wish everyone all the best and hopefully find fulfilling jobs.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by melonpeel
Honest reviews sink advertising, which in turn sink magazines... just sayin.
If all mag reviews were not honest and just lies making all companies look good than what is the point of buying a mag for the reviews and tests in the first place. Makes absolutely no sence to me. I don't even look at RC Car Action any more because they don't write honest reviews, I only read RC Car and Xtreme because they actualy do what they are suposed to do and write unbiased, honest reviews, and say what they think not what they are told to say.

Now that Mr. Bess is going over to RC Car Action i'm going to give them another shot.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Prophet

go figure, r/c car magazine was honest about thier reviews and at least it was based on racing r/c not basher type ones. i cant say that for car action to me is bias to bashers and basher cars and thier reviews they seem to say every car is good.

but, if the people who worked at r/c car mag want to work at car action thats cool maybe they will review racer type cars and more honest reviews
Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

lol its no doubt the truth that car action wont say anything bad about a car. accept something stupid like what was posted earlier. but really i guess aybe they are doing more of a actual "review" than a test? but hen why have a whats good/whats bad list? hmm
Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I don't read any of the RC mags anymore. I can get lots more info from the Internet and the mags are 80% ads and 15% stuff I don't care about anyway. There was maybe one cool article and the "coming soon" stuff that was good.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

That sucks!

I just paid for a year too...
Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I don't agree that review honesty and possibly negativity are directly linked to advertising. If these honest reviews earned a bigger readership (one would hope they would) then this readership number would be the main reason for the magazine to be attractive to the advertisers.

I really think it's more down to it being a very tough climate for any business that prints on paper. With the internet we know whats happening and coming to market long before a printed magazine can make it into circulation. News papers and other magazines are all having a tough time too.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick411

I only read RC Car and Xtreme because they actualy do what they are suposed to do and write unbiased, honest reviews, and say what they think not what they are told to say.

Now that Mr. Bess is going over to RC Car Action i'm going to give them another shot.
Have you read Xtreme lately? I think they are going downhill fast, which is too bad. They used to have the best mag, good reviews, good how-to's, nice articles with the pros, very good race coverage... now the mag that had earned my subscription (when my Xrc one ran out), RC Car, is gone. Darn. Loved that XRC and RCCA had comparable reviews of the same car and then RC Car had a completely different view. And you believed them (RC Car) b/c they wrote it like they were actually out there racing the thing and gathering their experiences that way.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Wished times were better and the very best for all who worked there. I prefered that mag over the others, but glad to hear Bess is getting onboard with other mag.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I don't read any of the RC mags anymore. I can get lots more info from the Internet and the mags are 80% ads and 15% stuff I don't care about anyway. There was maybe one cool article and the "coming soon" stuff that was good.
I agree. Most times if I buy a mag I look thru it in the store than if its useless back on the shelf it goes.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Wished times were better and the very best for all who worked there. I prefered that mag over the others, but glad to hear Bess is getting onboard with other mag.
Whats up JB? Hope you are doing well. As far as the mag goes, it is a shame to see anyone go under. Sorry to hear it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.