Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Maybe a little bit early for this thread.. >

Maybe a little bit early for this thread..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maybe a little bit early for this thread..

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Maybe a little bit early for this thread..

Hello there,

Basically i would like to find out something that i am not sure as i myself have no experience or anything else with some cars..

Christmas are coming and i would like to buy a new buggy and new stuff for this year..

i want to buy a new remote control as my nomadio react is getting a bit old and i was checking threads and always come across ko propo and the airtronics one..i personally like the sanwa remote but am not sure if the ko propo ones are better choice or the futaba one..i want a remote that will be the best in all especially durability and reliability..

also i have an xray 808, an mp9 with many optionals on it, two kyosho mp777 wc and an st-rr truggy..

the truggy i dont run it that much but the buggys i run them more..

i currently run the mp9 for all the races i do as i feel more comfortable and i have a good setup on it..

so basically i started this thread for this reason as you can see from the title is a little bit early to ask but the questions i have in my mind are these..

i know that mugen is a japanese company and i heard so many good things about the mbx6 and i am interested on that car..

also there are some new cars coming like the JQ,Durango,xray808 11 and the already excisting serpent and agama..

what do you guys think i should do?

eg do you think i should buy the JQ as everyone is so impressed with it ability of handling corners and jumps so good? the new durango where by the looks it seems that it is very well engineered as for the serpent and agama i dont know..

also am looking forward to see the new xray.. i know they will come up with something very good as they did some mistakes with the 2010 diffs..

or shall i save my money to buy something else as i have mp9 and xray which are already good cars...

btw i never tried a losi.....

i ll leave it to you..
Old 11-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I so like my losi buggy. I smacked into a mbx6 at the end of the race that was parked and brok the mugens lower front arm. I didn't think I hit him that hard but it happens. If you want to try something new then I wod definatly go with the JQ or Durango buggy they both seem good to me. I have heard a lot of people compare the x ray to a losi but idk I have only had a losi buggy. If it was me I would try the JQ or durango for a buggy.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The M11X would by my first choice of transmitters because of the response and feel, second would be the 4Pk. I just don't like the feel of the KO, but it is a very good radio. The buggies are all about preference.
The MBX-6 is a very "safe" car. It does everything really well and has a very solid neutral feel to it. A few of it's strengths are jumping, recovery from landing, and I think it has the best rough track handling. It can be driven very hard, and you don't have to be "right" all the time, however I do feel it gives up a little on corner speed.
The 8ight has very good corner speed, but I feel you have to be very "right" as far as your line and timing to be truly fast with it. To me it doesn't recover as well from flat landings as the 6, but it does well on rough tracks. If you can drive it the way it likes to be driven then it is a missle. Anything short of that and I feel you'll be dissapointed.
The Serpent has EXCELLENT corner speed, accelerates like nothing else and feels very light on the track. It falls somewhere between the 6 and 8ight as far as how "right" you have to be with it. To me it feels like a cross between the RC8B's steering and the light nibleness of the 808. I have seen some weird bearing and servo failures with it which I believe they have addressed the servo issues with a new radio tray...not sure about the bearings though. They were the rear hub bearings, btw.
While I have lots of experience with the aforementioned buggies, I can't speak of the performance of the JQ or the Durango. I can say that between the two I would hands down choose the JQ for a myriad of reasons. First, from a racers perspective, I believe the parts and tech support will be much more readily available. The adjustability of the car is excellent. He didn't buy into the marketing b.s. of huge shocks, and crazy things that are different for the sake of selling a car. Every decision was made with performance in mind. There are certain existing ideas that just flat out work, but despite what you may read THE car isn't a "copy" of anything, and I expect it to work quite well and very different from anything else out there. Also, I have maybe a little more insight into that project than the average guy, and JQ's approach, business plan, and philosophy are all something I can really get into. You can tell from how he has shown every step of the development, all the good and the bad, that he is a man of integrity who isn't hiding anything. Let's just say I have a tremendous amount of respect for him.
Being that you already have an 808, I think you already know what to expect from Xray. They're good. I hope I didn't add futher confusion to your issue. This is all just my opinion which combined with $1.00 will buy you a cup of coffee. Good luck with your decisions.

Last edited by Joey Powell; 11-19-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

ko propo only
Old 11-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I love my ko radio. It handles straight lipo it has a great feel and eurus is the only radio system that carries a pure digital signal from your input to the servo reaction.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

if I didn't have a Futaba I would get a KO Propo..
Old 11-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

MX11 has my vote and coming from Kyosho to Agama the car is absolutely awesome, Steering is insane and flies outstanding with the motor centered. Easy on the wallet threw a season as well.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
i know that mugen is a japanese company and i heard so many good things about the mbx6 and i am interested on that car..
The MP9 is a great car. I don't think another brand chassis will help very much if you're looking to improve your results, but if you're just bored with it... It's always fun to build a new kit.

Mugen has a track record of quality nearly as long as Kyosho, and you can't go wrong with an MBX-6, another fantastic car.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

You see i am afraid to spend my money on new cars such as JQ and durango. JQ i know it is more tested even before the release and when i say tested i mean it seen and tested around people but again not enough testing by people that alredy had the other cars such as the mp9 mugen and so on..

and as you can see the same wid the remotes..

everyone says sanwa and ko propo
Old 11-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No matter which you go with its going to boil down to your ability to drive it, and how easily you can get parts if needed.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

I have made my choice down to Durango or JQ

what do you guys think will be a better choice and why...??

come one you can tell me the truth............
Old 11-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I would say it depends how much you will drive it. Seems as though you have a lot of cars that sit on the shelf. If this will be another one of those buy the Durango, they are the most beautiful cars in existance. I want the 1/10 4wd car to just put on a shelf and look at LOL.

Honestly nobody can tell you for sure on those two. Not enough people have driven them yet. JQ will stand behind his car 100%, Durango hasn't been in the mainstream offroad market that much but when they do something, they do it right the first time. I would get the JQ car simply because of how open he has been with its development. By now we all know if there ever is a problem with THE car he will be the first one to admit it and fix it asap.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I would say it depends how much you will drive it. Seems as though you have a lot of cars that sit on the shelf. If this will be another one of those buy the Durango, they are the most beautiful cars in existance. I want the 1/10 4wd car to just put on a shelf and look at LOL.

Honestly nobody can tell you for sure on those two. Not enough people have driven them yet. JQ will stand behind his car 100%, Durango hasn't been in the mainstream offroad market that much but when they do something, they do it right the first time. I would get the JQ car simply because of how open he has been with its development. By now we all know if there ever is a problem with THE car he will be the first one to admit it and fix it asap.