Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
when is kyosho going to come out with a new truggy >

when is kyosho going to come out with a new truggy

when is kyosho going to come out with a new truggy

Old 11-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i never, owned a st-rr somebody was just telling me that on this forum but it doesnt sound bad man the brakes sound good on this thing . does it jump nice and level and how is it on the rough tracks does it have a lot of travel ?

ive only own a losi eight-t and a eight-b 1.0.

i dont have a lhs so it whouldnt matter i just get parts online anyways.

now, i know its the driver that makes it fast compared to new truggys so you can drive this truggy hard ?
I've driven only a couple other brand trudges and I'll always stick with my ST-RR until I can't get parts or if I get bored etc. I had a problem with steering into corners ( off power steering) my first race, what fixed that was actually dialing in my brakes ( huge difference), I also run the 20 degree hubs which are better for off power steering. I run my truck with the high block and B and L bushings and wow I cut corners like my buggy at times. The truck accelerates and brakes perfect, it really reminds me of my buggy say just with bigger tires. Also after I put my truggy on the Hudy and dialed in my camber and toe the truggy was soo consistent, after about 5-6 races racing truggy I couldn't be happier, I actually won my first race with it last weekend!

Andy
Old 11-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

just for the record, if you run full lock-up on the brakes on ANY truggy, you are going to blow the gearbox apart. They all do that. They're going so fast, and they're a little heavier than a buggy, and the wheels are bigger. When you lock up the brakes, it's VERY hard on the drive train. Just watch your epa and bias, and it's fine.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i talked to a kyosho team driver and he is the one that told me its discontinued .... they are still making parts and getting rid of the rest of the kits but they are not making anymore kits. he also said that he is pretty sure there will be a new with slight upgrades, not major changes but ones that were needed....
Old 11-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok there you have it fellas and ladies lol
Old 11-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Prophet

i get what jmaxy is saying but i looked on a lot of online shops and it dint say its discontined inless not yet at least.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 02maxima18
I've driven only a couple other brand trudges and I'll always stick with my ST-RR until I can't get parts or if I get bored etc. I had a problem with steering into corners ( off power steering) my first race, what fixed that was actually dialing in my brakes ( huge difference), I also run the 20 degree hubs which are better for off power steering. I run my truck with the high block and B and L bushings and wow I cut corners like my buggy at times. The truck accelerates and brakes perfect, it really reminds me of my buggy say just with bigger tires. Also after I put my truggy on the Hudy and dialed in my camber and toe the truggy was soo consistent, after about 5-6 races racing truggy I couldn't be happier, I actually won my first race with it last weekend!

Andy

well it, doesnt sound to hard to get it where you want it to handle maybe there will be a big discount on it since im hearing that it isnt being made anymore .

maybe in january it will be cheaper is it hard to build ?

there probety going to make a new model of it im guessing.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Old 11-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

new bulkheads ? harder?
any part number ?
Old 11-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by the_winner
new bulkheads ? harder?
any part number ?
IF112C
Old 11-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i talked to a kyosho team driver and he is the one that told me its discontinued .... they are still making parts and getting rid of the rest of the kits but they are not making anymore kits. he also said that he is pretty sure there will be a new with slight upgrades, not major changes but ones that were needed....
I work for Kyosho, so please let me know the name of the driver who said it's discontinued.

Houston, I think it's a different part number. I'll have to give them a call and see if there's a new number or just a running change.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
You need to give the name of the guy... that's totally 100% wrong.

Hmmm... let's see, "buy now"... I guess it's not discontinued

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...cale-Truck-Kit
Old 11-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by SteveP
I work for Kyosho, so please let me know the name of the driver who said it's discontinued.

Houston, I think it's a different part number. I'll have to give them a call and see if there's a new number or just a running change.
when i was talking to pk ( ya i'm talkin to you!! ) last month about the bulk heads thats the only one he thought was the newest part # and the only one i have found

however there is new pinion gears , number is107

and pk , i didnt know you had posted codys setup on neobuggy before i asked you to post the setup you guys used , sorry mr.

Last edited by houston; 11-26-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pitpop
You need to give the name of the guy... that's totally 100% wrong.

Hmmm... let's see, "buy now"... I guess it's not discontinued

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...cale-Truck-Kit
you're such a smart ass!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston
you're such a smart ass!!!
just telling it like it is, that's a nasty bad rumor that is totally wrong...
Old 11-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pitpop
just telling it like it is, that's a nasty bad rumor that is totally wrong...
i know it is and i absolutely love the kyosho truck although it could go on a diet!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.