Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho MP9 Drivers ( What spares do i need) >

Kyosho MP9 Drivers ( What spares do i need)

Kyosho MP9 Drivers ( What spares do i need)

Old 11-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Kyosho MP9 Drivers ( What spares do i need)

Hi All. 9 .

It's the standard edition. It has had only had 2 tanks running in a new motor.

I have had a break from racing for 2 yrs and now getting ready for next yr's racing.

What spares di need. Are the bulk heads weak????

What is the most common springs people use or do i need to buy them all like sway bars and etc.

Any help much appreciated.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MadRacer
Hi All. 9 .

It's the standard edition. It has had only had 2 tanks running in a new motor.

I have had a break from racing for 2 yrs and now getting ready for next yr's racing.

What spares di need. Are the bulk heads weak????

What is the most common springs people use or do i need to buy them all like sway bars and etc.

Any help much appreciated.
All you need for that car is the IFW407 rear susp holder. Go racing
Old 11-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
All you need for that car is the IFW407 rear susp holder. Go racing
PitPop. Congrats to you guys!!! Just awesome. With all the help you have give me on the Orion forum, I ended up getting a TKI2. I would like to know what you think I need to get for spares. Pinions, arms, bells etc. I like to carry spares and I want to stock up. I have seen that it is going to be a little difficult getting spares since allot of the online shops show items out of stock.

What top 3 tires (AKA) do you recommend for the buggy and what other possible items do you think we should have? What shock / diff oils do you use so my setups are close? Clutch shoes?

Thanks, and congrats again!

P.S. not sure if you know the Pettits, but they remind me of you and Cody. Bobby and Berry are top notch folks and roll with class.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Was gunna say, just about every fast guy at our track has switched to the MP9 since our home track is where Jared races at.... and they dont break... lol
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
PitPop. Congrats to you guys!!! Just awesome. With all the help you have give me on the Orion forum, I ended up getting a TKI2. I would like to know what you think I need to get for spares. Pinions, arms, bells etc. I like to carry spares and I want to stock up. I have seen that it is going to be a little difficult getting spares since allot of the online shops show items out of stock.

What top 3 tires (AKA) do you recommend for the buggy and what other possible items do you think we should have? What shock / diff oils do you use so my setups are close? Clutch shoes?

Thanks, and congrats again!

P.S. not sure if you know the Pettits, but they remind me of you and Cody. Bobby and Berry are top notch folks and roll with class.
we don't break a lot of stuff, and the TKI-2 basically as every aluminum option beside the C hub (which I don't recommend). You should just get some of the usual plastic pieces, upper and lower arms, etc. The drivetrain doesn't really wear. We've never had a problem with the gears or anything. If you got the spec-A I would take a lot of stuff apart and lock tight it.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks Guys,

I remember a guy told me he had to replace that rear block too.

Next question.

What Rx battery pack is the norm and does the MP9 needed any special pack??

I use to use a NiMI flat pack in my H9..

Thanks again. Can't wait to get it as this will be my first Comp K since my Mp6.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

For AKA tires. CityBlocks and Grid Irons are the top tires. The Impact tires look great too. Make sure you get the EVO rims, and Red Foams when they are released.

If your track is abrasive on tires, Enduros and Impacts are the way to go. I will tell you, Cityblocks are my all around fall back on tire. They always seem to work.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys, what brands of Diff and Shock oils is everyone using? I want to stock up on some clutch shoes/springs also?

I have faith in the car, no doubt, but I may hit something every now and then

For those that know me, know that I carry everything but the MAC tool box to the track. LOL
Old 11-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys, what brands of Diff and Shock oils is everyone using? I want to stock up on some clutch shoes/springs also?

I have faith in the car, no doubt, but I may hit something every now and then

For those that know me, know that I carry everything but the MAC tool box to the track. LOL
You might need the lighter 2.3mm front sway bar and 2.5mm rear sway bar as an option to the 2.5 front and 2.8 rear thats std on the std car.

Kyosho have a good range of clutch springs to suit every driving style from ultra light 0.9mm, light 0.95mm, med 1.0mm and hard 1.1mm clutch springs.
The standard clutch spring 1.0mm is a very good starting point.

You can also choose between all alloy shoes, all carbon shoes or the Hybrid setup that seems to be popular. The Hybrid setup is just a mix of alloy and carbon e.g 2x carbon 1x alloy or 1x carbon 2x alloy.