Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

On its first major outing as production spec, the DNX408 proved it had the raw pace and toughness to win the world title. Only bad luck with none chassis related issues put the cars out early.

Everyone has reasons why they did not make it to the main final,
but few can say they topped the lap times 3 rounds out of 6. (see the quote from RedRC)
Few can say they had this pace when the track was slick and also later when it started to rough up.
Few can claim a top two finish for a round at a world champs when taking it easy.
Few can claim zero car related DNF’s for the whole week.
Ryan Lutz driving the all new Team Durango DNX408 for only the third time, can make that claim.

Many people wrote Lutz off before the event, saying things like “it’s too close to the worlds to change car”, but Ryan’s raw talent and the raw pace of the new Durango car were plain to see. For example – Ryan set the third fastest lap time for the whole finals Sunday, only beaten by Tebo and King, not bad for an early morning run.

Durango would like to congratulate everyone who made the final at the toughest RC race ever and especially Cody for an awesome drive by a true Champion. We hope to be there next time round.

The DNX408 is leaving the factory now, sorry for the wait, but we don't use your hard earned cash to test our cars, that's our job.

It's expected to be in the shops, around the world, on the 29th of November and our official kit page should up on team-durango.com soon.

Enjoy,

JasonD
Team Durango
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dsc_1007_web.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dsc_1012_web.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dsc_0653_web.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dsc_0340_web.jpg  

Last edited by TeamDurango; 11-20-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Have to say...there will be two great new buggys comming out soon on the market, and they both ...the Durango and The Car....will be worth the wait, the hard part for us drivers is choosing which one. Just wanted to say thanks for all the testing thats going into these buggys, Im sure they will be great!
Old 11-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Jason, can you tell us why the production body was slightely changed respect of the prototype one??

personally I liked the prototype one a lot, can you give us the possibility to buy the prototype like option?

Thanks

Last edited by mazzinga; 11-20-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

The body is as in the photos at the top of this thread.

We only change it a couple of mm's here - it still looks like the proto car. We just gave a little more room around the air-filter, exhaust pressure nipple and took the step out of the side to make easier for decals that's all.

Its still low and Durango like.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Some rough photos of the production car - all shown is kit as standard spec. It will ship with TD wheels, but we took them off for the photos.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-img_3648_web.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-img_3661_web.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-img_3015_web.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-img_3766_web.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-img_3781_web.jpg  

Old 11-20-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
The body is as in the photos at the top of this thread.

We only change it a couple of mm's here - it still looks like the proto car. We just gave a little more room around the air-filter, exhaust pressure nipple and took the step out of the side to make easier for decals that's all.

Its still low and Durango like.
Ok i understand, thanks
Old 11-20-2010, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

I wish I was able to get my hands on one, I think it's one neat car. The DEX410 has proven itself in 10th scale so I bet the 408 is likewise.

Though a few things are holding me back, which are my wallet (who doesn't have that issue ) and the (part) availability in Holland.

Oh and I want to add: it looks HOT
Old 11-20-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Its maximum two days shipping from Team Durango web shop to Holland, so spares supply should be no issue.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is a v awesome news.. i would really like to see more photos of this production car!!! my hands r itchy now!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the update. In stores around the world of Nov. 29th...can't wait!!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

O boy, I may have to sell the new Kyosho I order that is not even hear yet
Old 11-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

......The DNX408 is leaving the factory now, sorry for the wait, ......

It's expected to be in the shops, around the world, on the 29th of November and our official kit page should up on team-durango.com soon.

Enjoy,

JasonD
Team Durango
Hi Jason,

What you mean for leaving the factory, your HQ in UK?

Thanks
Old 11-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Its maximum two days shipping from Team Durango web shop to Holland, so spares supply should be no issue.
Where are the parts shipped from? UK?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

the car is looking nice. i have always liked Durango and i think these pictures have helped me decide on my next car.

can you explain how the memory engine mount works?

also have you had any problems with the battery being so close to the engine? because it looks like it could get hot.

how does the car wear? do parts wear quick or do they wear slower then other cars?

many thanks

lewis
Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Jason, You got yourself one of the best drivers in the world , And a truly around nice guy , Just wait till Lutz has more time with your awesome DNX408 good luck in 2011 !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.