Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

man that is a sexy looking buggy
Old 11-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc racer 103
Jason, You got yourself one of the best drivers in the world , And a truly around nice guy , Just wait till Lutz has more time with your awesome DNX408 good luck in 2011 !!
+1.000.000.000
Old 11-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think the car is a total work of art IMO. It sure will have a chance at future Worlds.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Jason. Glad to see a team official chime-in here on the forums! Any word on when an online version of the manual will be ready, and are there any specific things we should pay attention to during the build?
Old 11-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
On its first major outing as production spec, the DNX408 proved it had the raw pace and toughness to win the world title. Only bad luck with none chassis related issues put the cars out early.

Everyone has reasons why they did not make it to the main final,
but few can say they topped the lap times 3 rounds out of 6. (see the quote from RedRC)
Few can say they had this pace when the track was slick and also later when it started to rough up.
Few can claim a top two finish for a round at a world champs when taking it easy.
Few can claim zero car related DNF’s for the whole week.
Ryan Lutz driving the all new Team Durango DNX408 for only the third time, can make that claim.

Many people wrote Lutz off before the event, saying things like “it’s too close to the worlds to change car”, but Ryan’s raw talent and the raw pace of the new Durango car were plain to see. For example – Ryan set the third fastest lap time for the whole finals Sunday, only beaten by Tebo and King, not bad for an early morning run.

Durango would like to congratulate everyone who made the final at the toughest RC race ever and especially Cody for an awesome drive by a true Champion. We hope to be there next time round.

The DNX408 is leaving the factory now, sorry for the wait, but we don't use your hard earned cash to test our cars, that's our job.

It's expected to be in the shops, around the world, on the 29th of November and our official kit page should up on team-durango.com soon.

Enjoy,

JasonD
Team Durango

Fast enough to win the worlds????

Congrats to Cody king and kyosho for winning the worlds.(period!)

This thread is up there with agamas worldwide congratulations on a 37th Place at the worlds.

Cmon guys let the winner bask in his glory and put all the excuses in the back pocket. There will be racing next season and plenty of chances to race the world champ all year round.

The car looked very good, we get it! Good luck in the upcoming season!
Old 11-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

From Ryan's facebook photos
Old 11-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vince7870

This thread is up there with agamas worldwide congratulations on a 37th Place at the worlds.

Cmon guys let the winner bask in his glory and put all the excuses in the back pocket. There will be racing next season and plenty of chances to race the world champ all year round.

WOW Vince, easy there turbo ! Didn't think anyone was taking anything away from the world champ Cody King and Kyosho ! But ya got to give some kudos to Lutz and Durango for a new car to have the fastest lap in qal. 5 and 6 ,,also Lutz was 2nd fastest in rd 5 , 5 sec back from Tebo aswell as a 43.9 lap in the 1/4 final ! Like it or not the Lutzinater, Team Durango & Alpha are for real !!!
Cody King is the KING and congrads to him for his world champ!!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Arguably, Jason's statement had a slight hint of media spin to it, but I wouldn't think too badly of it; Durango want to promote their product and I understand that perfectly. Nothing can take away from Cody's win; he worked for it, he earned it, and he won fair and square.

Truth be told, The Durango did show flashes of brilliance even if they didn't make it to the main for various reasons. That's racing. If everyone recalls, Kyosho didn't exactly have a stellar worlds back in 2008 either; 9th was the best they could manage with the (then) new MP9, but they tinkered with the car and eventually its potential was unleashed. I don't see why Durango wouldn't be able to do the same... Sometimes humble beginnings make you hungrier for victory than starting out on a high note
Old 11-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

WOW!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by rc racer 103
WOW Vince, easy there turbo ! Didn't think anyone was taking anything away from the world champ Cody King and Kyosho ! But ya got to give some kudos to Lutz and Durango for a new car to have the fastest lap in qal. 5 and 6 ,,also Lutz was 2nd fastest in rd 5 , 5 sec back from Tebo aswell as a 43.9 lap in the 1/4 final ! Like it or not the Lutzinater, Team Durango & Alpha are for real !!!
Cody King is the KING and congrads to him for his world champ!!

I am taking nothing from lutz he is a wheel and arguably the best move any new car company could have made by signing him up. Im just waiting for number 101 to press release why he didnt make the main.

I been racing long enough and have told plenty of if I would have or if this didn't happen I woulda won the main stories to fill my garage.

Truth be told this hobby is riddled with bad luck gremlins that always show Their heads at the wrong times.

In my own feelings and Im not speaking for Anyone else I find it tiresome that everyone is coming up with tall tales and blame game reasons why they didn't win.

A more resounding note would be better welcomed if it were to the tune of - we are overjoyed at our performance of our 1st attempt an 1/8 th scale car let alone our 1st worlds.....rather than we couldve shouldve and wouldve won If only "_____"

And that goes for all the new cars.

And believe me I wanna try them all and probably will, as will most an I'm pretty sure no one will be close to turning lutz laptimes

Last edited by vince7870; 11-20-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Back to the car for a bit... Those brake-discs and calipers absolutely has to go. The single spur-gear break system that is floating around in pictures looks interesting as a replacement. Either way, nylon break-disc's and steel calipers are a flat out no go.
Other then that... Need more pics, and i'll let ya all know what i think... regardless of if you want to see it, or not ;- )
B!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Memory motor mount - once gear mesh is set you can remove the motor mount with the engine and leave the gold plate in position on the chassis, so engine & mount can be refitted in exactly the same place, with same gear mesh.

Brake disks - they are CNC machined glass fibre composite. They work great, but it's worth knowing the disks n pads are standard size so can fit pretty much what you like.

Like I said above BRILLIANT job to all the guys in the worlds final and a champions drive from Cody, great job.

I just wanted to bring some attention to the raw pace of the DNX408 in the sea of news coming out of the event, I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone, their results are rightly in the history books period.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

But youre a bad ass if you got 37 at the worlds! I say go for it!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
I just wanted to bring some attention to the raw pace of the DNX408 in the sea of news coming out of the event, I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone, their results are rightly in the history books period.
This is why I am patiently waiting for DNX408 to arrive in the states.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I really dont think you will regret it King.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.