Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:56 AM
  #121  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Indianola, IA
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I love my Mugen but am very interested in this buggy. Any one that can provide a comparison to handling characteristics i would like a synopsis. I cant afford to go drop 600+ bones and then not love it. I am in the midwest with no indoor racing facility so you guys in the warmer climates will have to help us less fortunate when it hits the track

Last edited by sjenkins97; 11-25-2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: bcause
sjenkins97 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:27 AM
  #122  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
TeamDurango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by sjenkins97
I love my Mugen but am very interested in this buggy. Any one that can provide a comparison to handling characteristics i would like a synopsis. I cant afford to go drop 600+ bones and then not love it. I am in the midwest with no indoor racing facility so you guys in the warmer climates will have to help us less fortunate when it hits the track
It's got low centre of gravity and central weight so you can push it hard without it flipping - this is an advantage in high traction and on blown out bumpy tracks. It likes to be driven hard. It jumps & handles bumps great. Its super tough.
TeamDurango is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:45 AM
  #123  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

too am very interested in this buggy have seen a lot of protype pics. any prodution pics. what has been changed between the two ?do all the parts say team durango on them on production car also ? real cool stuff are diff gears steel? no way to adjust brake proportionaly front to back?
welderllj is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 AM
  #124  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Kalgard Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have decided to get one of these buggies and have one on order. Hopefully it will be in the US soon? Lutz is such a great guy for the sport and will be a huge Plus to TD.

Last edited by Kalgard Racing; 11-25-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Kalgard Racing is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 08:35 AM
  #125  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
TeamDurango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
I have decided to get one of these buggies and have one on order. Hopefully it will be in the US soon? Lutz is such a great guys for the sport and will be a huge Plus to TD.
Good move - welcome to the Team Durango family
TeamDurango is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 08:52 AM
  #126  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Did they make it to the US yet and will they have the springs in a package with all springs like with the 410? If so do you have the part number thank
O'donnell racer is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 09:15 AM
  #127  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
TeamDurango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by O'donnell racer
Did they make it to the US yet and will they have the springs in a package with all springs like with the 410? If so do you have the part number thank
the kits only has one pair of front & one pair of rear springs just like the 410
TeamDurango is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 09:17 AM
  #128  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
the kits only has one pair of front & one pair of rear springs just like the 410
Sorry I did not word that right will the option springs be offer like the 410 all the springs in one package if so do you have a part number yet for that thanks
O'donnell racer is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 04:49 PM
  #129  
Tech Adept
 
apex-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 166
Default

got mine pre-ordered with A-main!!! come on TD don't let us down shipp the thing need to put in some lap times soon hopefully
apex-racing is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 06:01 PM
  #130  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,780
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!









More pictures here:

http://rc-tech.blogspot.com/2010/11/...go-dnx408.html
ganymede is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:16 PM
  #131  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Indianola, IA
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
It's got low centre of gravity and central weight so you can push it hard without it flipping - this is an advantage in high traction and on blown out bumpy tracks. It likes to be driven hard. It jumps & handles bumps great. Its super tough.
Thanks for the input. IF I change cars for next year this is my number one choice at this time.
sjenkins97 is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 02:39 AM
  #132  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default

November 29 is Sunday I don't think The cars arrive on sunday see you next week.

good weekend to all guys
mazzinga is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 02:57 AM
  #133  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (66)
 
Jamison R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mazzinga
November 29 is Sunday I don't think The cars arrive on sunday see you next week.

good weekend to all guys
uuummmmmm.......not on my calender. The 29th is Monday
Jamison R is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 03:08 AM
  #134  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
uuummmmmm.......not on my calender. The 29th is Monday
ho my bad I have to buy some glasses

anyway next week is the week
mazzinga is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 02:08 PM
  #135  
Tech Adept
 
apex-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 166
Default

when is the online manual going to be available on the TD web site??
apex-racing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.