Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:45 AM
  #1126  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pointforward
The grommets attach to the 340016 parts which in turn attach to the metal plate, so upon installation, you're correct to say that the metal plate does not touch the servo. BUT, i think that might not be the case once the car starts bouncing around. the fact that you've left a millimeter of space between the servo and the plate means that you've left a millimeter that the servo and plate can travel and come together.
If you look at the manual, you'll see that there's no way for the servo plate to move because it's firmly keyed into and anchored to the chassis. As was proposed earlier, it wouldn't hurt to put a sheet of foam rubber between the servo tray and the servo itself, as this will greatly help dampen vibration and ensure that the servo continues to perform as needed. Also, some heat insulation tape on the bottom of the servo (the side that faces the engine block) is something I'd recommend. I'd gladly test this myself, but Quebec won't get any remotely hospitable temperatures for another 3 months
captain america is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 09:46 AM
  #1127  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by infanterene
The servo does touch, at least mine did. Last night I took my steering servo out and noticed it has been rubbing on the bottom. All the anodizing has worn off from the case.

I have since put servo tape under it and all should be well. I strongly suggest servo take under the servos on this car. Its an easy fix.
Did you use the little plastic pads to raise the servo when you installed it?
captain america is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:41 AM
  #1128  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I just inspected the clutch and changed the springs. The mugen springs and shoes are the same as the durango. I installed 1 - .9 mugen spring to smooth the clutch out a little bit.

Originally Posted by captain america
Did you use the little plastic pads to raise the servo when you installed it?
No pads here there was plenty of clearance. Just rubber garments on the servo itself. I think a piece of servo tape would make it worse because while it may dampen the vibration it will also cause the servo to touch which in time will cause it to fail.

Last edited by Frank L; 12-31-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Frank L is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:57 AM
  #1129  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coral gables, Florida
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captain america
Did you use the little plastic pads to raise the servo when you installed it?
No because it looked like I had 1.5mm clearance. I also noticed that with the pads the servo wasn't located as securely as I'd like.

Last edited by infanterene; 12-31-2010 at 05:31 PM.
infanterene is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 AM
  #1130  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,489
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captain america
If you look at the manual, you'll see that there's no way for the servo plate to move because it's firmly keyed into and anchored to the chassis. As was proposed earlier, it wouldn't hurt to put a sheet of foam rubber between the servo tray and the servo itself, as this will greatly help dampen vibration and ensure that the servo continues to perform as needed. Also, some heat insulation tape on the bottom of the servo (the side that faces the engine block) is something I'd recommend. I'd gladly test this myself, but Quebec won't get any remotely hospitable temperatures for another 3 months

I always wondered where you were out of Captain. Does Quebec compete in the RCpro series ?

Might see you at the Finals this year if your the traveling type.
Integra is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 AM
  #1131  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Integra
I always wondered where you were out of Captain. Does Quebec compete in the RCpro series ?

Might see you at the Finals this year if your the traveling type.
I know there is a bunch of guys from canada that do motorma.... great bunch of guys.
kaptain crash is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:34 AM
  #1132  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L
I just inspected the clutch and changed the springs. The mugen springs and shoes are the same as the durango. I installed 1 - .9 mugen spring to smooth the clutch out a little bit.



No pads here there was plenty of clearance. Just rubber garments on the servo itself. I think a piece of servo tape would make it worse because while it may dampen the vibration it will also cause the servo to touch which in time will cause it to fail.
Frank....did you use new servos on your build or pull them out of the L buggy?
If you are as hard on this buggy as you are on your self boo boo you will put them to the ...REAL .....test.
kaptain crash is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:41 AM
  #1133  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Frank....did you use new servos on your build or pull them out of the L buggy?
If you are as hard on this buggy as you are on your self boo boo you will put them to the ...REAL .....test.

The rsx servos had 1 run on them in the Losi. And yes I will definatly put them to the test. If they are good then I will have no issues. If not then you will find them for sale but the rsx servos are the smoothest servos I have ever seen and they are extremely quiet too. But if they junk out I will throw some Savox hv's in. So far them seem to be good but the rsx's only have 2 race days on them. Feb at the nitro challenge will put them to the test.
Frank L is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 AM
  #1134  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

One last question...is a lipo pack a must in this buggy ?
kaptain crash is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 PM
  #1135  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 56
Default

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
One last question...is a lipo pack a must in this buggy ?
No just have the charging lead from the switch dangle out from the radio box with the other wires.

If your running long finals then maybe a large lipo would help but it's not that hard to change the battery.

Of note last weekend there was standing water and a sodden astro track, yet the receiver box was completely dry, though the battery compartment had a little water in.
AndyF is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:13 PM
  #1136  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AndyF
No just have the charging lead from the switch dangle out from the radio box with the other wires.

If your running long finals then maybe a large lipo would help but it's not that hard to change the battery.

Of note last weekend there was standing water and a sodden astro track, yet the receiver box was completely dry, though the battery compartment had a little water in.
thanks.....couldent tell by the pictures how much room there was for the battery.
kaptain crash is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:16 PM
  #1137  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Integra
I always wondered where you were out of Captain. Does Quebec compete in the RCpro series ?

Might see you at the Finals this year if your the traveling type.
No idea about RC Pro cos I don't race. Where are the finals gonna be held?
captain america is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 PM
  #1138  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AndyF
Of note last weekend there was standing water and a sodden astro track, yet the receiver box was completely dry, though the battery compartment had a little water in.
A bead of silicone around the base of the plate where the plastic housing meets should take care of any water infiltration
captain america is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM
  #1139  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,489
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captain america
No idea about RC Pro cos I don't race. Where are the finals gonna be held?


You dont race ? why not ?


Finals location will be posted Any day now in the Canadian Section, Steve aka svengali will be making a thread for it and other RCpro Canada stuff.
Integra is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:24 PM
  #1140  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captain america
No idea about RC Pro cos I don't race. Where are the finals gonna be held?
Im wounder if your the guy at motorma that was at the canada table that was close to me in the pits...you where like the ...team dad...or boss, if so I injoyed our chat.
kaptain crash is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.